Call of Duty 7 is probably going to have subsciptions

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
presidentjlh said:
Worgen said:
single player will probably be 30 min long and just be one big explosion
Actually, that's longer than I expect it to be.
well if they made it any shorter people would complain about the 80 dollar price

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Drexler said:
i thought i could rely on treyarch, guess not, or pull my money from activision all tougher
Somehow I doubt Treyarch are behind the subscription idea.They already cop enough flak from IW fanboys.Seriously though what's the point in paying for a XBL subscription if games are going to start introducing subscriptions too

T3h Merc

Dec 24, 2008
SUPA FRANKY said:
http://kotaku.com/5469025/activision-has-call-of-duty-7-loaded-for-holiday

If people actually go through with this...I'm sorry...
Agreed. I will NOT be playing THAT.

presidentjlh

Feb 10, 2010
Worgen said:
presidentjlh said:
Worgen said:
Actually, that's longer than I expect it to be.
well if they made it any shorter people would complain about the 80 dollar price
Then they would put the price at $70, take a shit in the cd case, and then people would buy it again.

Drexler

Nov 20, 2009
MetalDooley said:
Drexler said:
i thought i could rely on treyarch, guess not, or pull my money from activision all tougher
Somehow I doubt Treyarch are behind the subscription idea.They already cop enough flak from IW fanboys.Seriously though what's the point in paying for a XBL subscription if games are going to start introducing subscriptions too
I'm a pc gamer, and seeing a subscription for a game other then WoW is a instant turn off. If the subscription thing is true, then ACT is killing this series, they already began when they didn't give us dedies, now they're forcing us to pay to pay for multiplayer. I for one will not stand for it.

I regert buying a copy for reviewing, and now I'm happy to see this game go down the shitter. Treyarch was a shining beacon they make good COD games, if ACT starts trying stupid shit like this, the franchise will fall on it's ass.

presidentjlh

Feb 10, 2010
Actually, to continue my rant, I hate subscription-based gaming. It's stupid. You buy the game, you get the benefits. You want to make some DLC that costs money? Fine, I'm cool with that. That's new stuff. Subscribe to Xbox live to use their multiplayer stuff, but have it work for ALL games? That's cool, that's not too bad.

But to pay to play an individual game you just forked over a bunch of money for? No. Screw that. That's why I will never play WoW or anything like that: I don't like to pay money for something that comes free with tons of other games.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
And by the time they get to CoD 8 the game will come with a USB plugin device that kicks you in the crotch and laughs at you whenever you kill something. Then in CoD 9, the first time you start the game up after install it automatically takes out a massive insurance policy in your name paying out to Activision then causes your computer to explode, killing you.

Bobby Kotick appears to have set himself a personal challenge to make himself more loathed by gamers than Jack Thompson and Michael Atkinson. He's doing pretty well at it so far.

presidentjlh

Feb 10, 2010
Arcane Azmadi said:
Bobby Kotick appears to have set himself a personal challenge to make himself more loathed by gamers than Jack Thompson and Michael Atkinson. He's doing pretty well at it so far.
Indeed. Especially since Kotick can actually affect games, whereas Thompson and Atkinson can only moan and *****.

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
I really hope Gears of War 3 comes out this holiday season. Otherwise I don't know what multiplayer game would be worth getting, because this certainly won't be worth it.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
Worgen said:
More like 15 minutes of all 5 of the characters you can control getting shot from behind by a crazy general. Then a huge nuke explodes and somehow everything is back to normal and you have saved the world.

socialtangent

May 23, 2009
If the next CoD game has subscriptions, I will never buy it. Activision is really pushing the envelope with their business tactics.

presidentjlh

Feb 10, 2010
socialtangent said:
If the next CoD game has subscriptions, I will never buy it. Activision is really pushing the envelope with their business tactics.
Honestly, they are pushing to become more of a disliked corporation than EA.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
presidentjlh said:
Arcane Azmadi said:
Indeed. Especially since Kotick can actually affect games, whereas Thompson and Atkinson can only moan and *****.
No way! The reason Atkinson is so hated is that he DOES affect games, a LOT! He's the one and ONLY reason Australia doesn't have an R18+ rating for games. I'm serious, if he wasn't an attourney-general we would have had an R18+ rating YEARS ago, no sweat. But Kotick is in a pretty good position to fuck us all up as well, given the number of popular series this douchebag has under his company's control.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
sln333 said:
I really hope Gears of War 3 comes out this holiday season. Otherwise I don't know what multiplayer game would be worth getting, because this certainly won't be worth it.
Agreed.

OT: This is kind of old news. It's been brought up on the forum before. Unfortunately, people will still buy the game and play it for long quantities of time, even if there's a monthly fee.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
presidentjlh said:
Way to kill a series.
Call of Duty died after CoD2.

It's funny how they made more money in a week than most games will ever make ever and they still want money. This is why I'm not supporting Activision anymore... I can't stand people who are this greedy.