Call of Duty: Black Ops Has Extremely Customizable Multiplayer

ModusPwnens

Jun 6, 2010
Yes! Some of the online features that make Halo awesome need to be standard in all shooters. Forget gameplay differences/similarities, there's no reason why all FPS games shouldn't have split screen online multiplayer and customizable game modes.

Demodeus

Sep 20, 2010
Outright Villainy said:
Tom Goldman said:
It sounds a lot like the multiplayer editor in GoldenEye 007 [http://www.amazon.com/James-Bond-007-GoldenEye-Controller-Nintendo/dp/B003O6FW6E/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288280717&sr=1-1] to me.
Actually, that's got me thinking:
I don't think I've ever seen a shooter with a multiplayer as customisable as Perfect Dark.

You could choose the specific weapons, where they spawn, the personality types of the bots, the music that played in the level, slow mo under specific conditions, commands to give the bots in game, and a truckload more.
Ever heard of Unreal Tournament 2004?

Alyssacubi

Oct 18, 2010
viper3 said:
Alyssacubi said:
I'm honestly not sure on this game at the moment in time, but just curious, is it possible to have a female character now with all the character customization?
I'm not too sure, i'd take it as a good sign that there might be the option, as there is a female in the story missions, she is voiced by Emmanuelle Chiriqui.
That'd be great. :3
I mean, not to say this SHOULD be a deciding factor in whether I buy the game or not... XD But I have always wanted a female character in a series like CoD, despite being put off of the series from MW2.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
Alyssacubi said:
viper3 said:
I'm not too sure, i'd take it as a good sign that there might be the option, as there is a female in the story missions, she is voiced by Emmanuelle Chiriqui.
That'd be great. :3
I mean, not to say this SHOULD be a deciding factor in whether I buy the game or not... XD But I have always wanted a female character in a series like CoD, despite being put off of the series from MW2.
MW2 eventually just got to the point of running through the motions, dodge tubers, get killed by running classes and corner/door campers, team gets decimated because noone has an AA class, Run here, run there, get quickscoped and turn the game off, always see the same classes being used, almost all of them made popular and overused by the machinema teams.

I'm going to purge my system of MW2 a week before release.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
But you can already do that in games without (well, with less) 12-year-olds...

Ultima Shadow

Apr 8, 2009
I think it's hilarious how all of the Halo fanboys are crying foul when most of the ideas supposedly "stolen" from Halo were stolen by Halo from other games in the first place.

Black Ops looks like it will be a very decent acquisition. The bots won me over.

coolman9899

May 20, 2010
meh im gona go out on a limb here and say that this will go the way of the fucking minecraft here

OT: Im not gonna get it... Ive refrained on getting any of acivision's or treyarch's products anymore
I might once yatzee reviews it :\

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
i just have to say this about online splitscreen....*ahem*

FUCK YEAH!

Im so glad about this finally, me and my m8s can play call of duty in the same room with other players, this is soooo.....

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Cathal Sixsixosix said:
*cough*blatantlycopyinghalo*cough*
*cough*CosHaloWasTotallyTheFirstGameToAllowYouToCustomizeGametypes*cough* <sarcasm

Alyssacubi said:
I'm honestly not sure on this game at the moment in time, but just curious, is it possible to have a female character now with all the character customization?
Nah, almost definately not.

The customization is mainly weapons, classes and now gamemodes.

The only things you can change on your actual character is your facepaint and your uniform depending on which side your on and what your level 1 perk is.

I wouldnt rule out the possiblity of playing a female character in some way in some part of the game though, apparently the developers signed on a few voice actresses to voice 'major characters' so you never know.

MrShowerHead

Jun 28, 2010
......Just....F**k you Treyarch....

I was trying not to get myself buying this game, but you had to add more features I wanted. You just had to. I mean.....ARGH!!!!

Good thing is if I buy it, I'm going to get it for my PC, so it's a bit cheaper. I'm not going to buy more Xbox Live Gold time.

.....Damn Microsoft.... DON'T YOU ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH MONEY!?!?!

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
wow you were entirely the WRONG person to write an article about this ...

hand the story to someone who knows about Call of Duty and gives two squirts about it.

(i guess i didn't think that they might all be PLAYING it right now ... lazy buggers)

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Cathal Sixsixosix said:
*cough*blatantlycopyinghalo*cough*
*Cough*Theymakegames,that'swhatgamecompaniesdo.Getoverit.man.*Cough*

Anyways, I'm late to this thread, but I might as well make some unneeded comment about the games' awesomeness.

It's awesome.