Call of Duty: Black Ops III's First Trailer Shows a Gritty, Cybernetic Future

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
DerangedHobo said:
So yeah, you are still misinformed, and the fact that you didnt played any of these games but instead watched "quite a bit" doesnt help your case at all.
The argument could be made that I can more effectively judge a narrative because I'm disconnected from it and not caught up in the "turn off your brain and focus on shooting" aspect.
Shit, I dont even care about the rest anymore, its mostly just because of this point that you have been carrying out, being wrong doesnt make your point more valid, you thought Spec Ops didnt had multiplayer, you think COD gives killstreacks and awards in singleplayer, you think the choices in Blops 2 are "pick A or B", Team Fortress 2 is 8 years old, 8 years is a long ass time for a gameplay style to be avoided, and even then that is only for 1 character in TF2.

How can someone be so wrong about so much and yet think they are so right?

You dont like COD, thats fine, I find it repetitive while having some interesting key elements (the new one having open areas, 4 player co-op and selectable team members like a robot and a hub area to discover things like in Wolfenstein:TNO seem interesting), just dont pretend to know about it since you dont, the same holds for Spec Ops The Line, I did play it and thought it was great, my escapist badges even show it as my game of the year for 2012, but the thing is that I actually played it and know what kind of content it offers.

Now, for Spec Ops The Line you probably watched it all somewhere, thats fine and it makes sense that you can talk about the story and stuff, but the thing is that what you decided to talk about was untrue to begin with, once again you talked about something you didnt know.

My entire point here is that I am telling you to not talk about stuff you dont know about, period.

Trude

Nov 26, 2012
Unless we're doing modular mathematics, hopefully we'll be in space by the time Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 4 comes out.

DerangedHobo

Jan 11, 2012
josemlopes said:
Shit, I dont even care about the rest anymore, its mostly just because of this point that you have been carrying out, being wrong doesnt make your point more valid, you thought Spec Ops didnt had multiplayer
A point I conceded.

you think COD gives killstreacks and awards in singleplayer
Man, that's a nice strawman.

you think the choices in Blops 2 are "pick A or B"
I think you need to work on your reading comprehension. I said putting the amount of stock you did in the 'choice' seemed to make no sense when the actual narrative itself still seemed sub-par at best.

Team Fortress 2 is 8 years old, 8 years is a long ass time for a gameplay style to be avoided, and even then that is only for 1 character in TF2.
Regardless of how long it hasn't been used, 'bringing it back' without adding to it isn't exactly a plus for game. If it were used in conjunction with other elements or the whole concept got fundamentally changed in some way, that would be different.

How can someone be so wrong about so much and yet think they are so right?
While you're pondering that question, I want you to ask yourself how someone can make such colossal straw-men made of pure, unadulterated bullshit and get back to me.

interesting key elements
But that's all Call of Duty has ever had, gimmicks and if those gimmicks stick around they get milked for the next 5 games. Zombies, controllable kill streaks, wearable kill streaks etc.

Just dont pretend to know about it since you dont
I argue that as far as Spec Ops: The Line goes all I brought up was the narrative, now, I assumed since everyone praised the game (especially for it's intentional misleading of audience) that they wouldn't tack on a dumb multiplayer and co-op mode. Funnily enough, out of the endless reviews and 'deconstruction' videos that was seemingly left out.

Now, for Spec Ops The Line you probably watched it all somewhere, thats fine and it makes sense that you can talk about the story and stuff, but the thing is that what you decided to talk about was untrue to begin with, once again you talked about something you didnt know.
I first brought up Spec Ops: The Line in relation to the seemingly conflicting themes of the BO3 trailer. Saying that this seemed stupid, pseudo-philosophical and unoriginal. Then I said that this will be bad *Unless they pull a Spec Ops*. That's what I started with, the narrative side of the game. I only spoke out of line when I claimed that Spec Ops: The Line didn't have a multiplayer mode, which, you'll have to forgive me for assuming that a purported "game of the year" about "the horrors of war" wouldn't do something as fucking idiotic or non-sensical as tacking on a multiplayer mode.

My entire point here is that I am telling you to not talk about stuff you dont know about, period.
I'll do that when you stop making straw-men of my points which are actually relevant. Deciding that instead of deconstructing the rest of my argument you'll just say "oh look, he said something stupid, fuck the rest of his arguement I don't care".

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
Well I'm interested, the campaign looks fun and how could I say no to more zombies? Course the multilayer can go die in a corner for all I care, It's never been a big part of the COD games for me as I only play the campaign and zombies.

Zipzip the Penguin

Feb 14, 2013
A lot of the helmets seem ripped straight from Blacklight, and the armor looks generic as the characters generally are, gameplay looks mostly unchanged from other CoDs, special abilities that Bioshock and DE:HR already did, hell, they even took Rollers from Warframe.
Everything (not so) old is new again I guess.