Call of Duty Developer Gets Death Threats After New Patch

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
People that make murder simulators had best watch out what they do to their murder simulators because the people they're fucking with play murder simulators.

[EDI]That was a joke[/EDI]

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
God, if they ever started playing League, Riot HQ would be in flames by the end of the month...

I mean them justifying an under a second change to a gun is apparently worth more hate than "Hi, i'm Phreak and in this video i'm going systematically break down why we nerfed the fuck out of Olaf so he's now totally unviable."

They even admitted they went too far... Buff already pls

Fuck is COD even supposed to be balanced seriously? Remember the double Models in MW2? Best thing EVER!

I miss MW2... It was so batshit broken and new glitches were found every other month it was endearing, charming and fun as hell. Every other COD game is just boring in comparison. Seriously, remember when you could get infinite Care Packages and you had just both teams spamming the FUCK out of them? You could run really, really fast if you equipped a Care Package because you're not loaded down by a gun which spawned the Marathon + Commando + Care Package knife hilarity? The rapid fire AC130? The glitch that made your gun have no reload?

Fuck that game was great.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Scars Unseen said:
People that make murder simulators had best watch out what they do to their murder simulators because the people they're fucking with play murder simulators.
You sound like Fox news, I thought the Escapist kind of agreed that this was a stupid irrational way of thinking.

Silverbeard

Jul 9, 2013
Oboy. I would bet that the Bioware forums would be much more lively if any of these CoD chaps took to ME 3's multiplayer.
Maybe it is a good thing that very few of them actually did...

crazyburnerboy8

Jan 4, 2009
In my experience most hard core CoD players are total wankeres, so why should i give a shit about the opinion of toss pots with no social skills apart from blowing stuff up in an unceasing, futile war on there television screens.
Teases people are a cancer that needs to be purged from gaming.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
JoesshittyOs said:
Scars Unseen said:
You sound like Fox news, I thought the Escapist kind of agreed that this was a stupid irrational way of thinking.
If the excessive tautology wasn't a blaring siren that I wasn't being serious, then I apologize. For your benefit, I shall now end my joking posts as follows:

[EDI]That was a joke.[/EDI]

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
God, if they ever started playing League, Riot HQ would be in flames by the end of the month...

I mean them justifying an under a second change to a gun is apparently worth more hate than "Hi, i'm Phreak and in this video i'm going systematically break down why we nerfed the fuck out of Olaf so he's now totally unviable."

They even admitted they went too far... Buff already pls

Fuck is COD even supposed to be balanced seriously? Remember the double Models in MW2? Best thing EVER!

I miss MW2... It was so batshit broken and new glitches were found every other month it was endearing, charming and fun as hell. Every other COD game is just boring in comparison. Seriously, remember when you could get infinite Care Packages and you had just both teams spamming the FUCK out of them? You could run really, really fast if you equipped a Care Package because you're not loaded down by a gun which spawned the Marathon + Commando + Care Package knife hilarity? The rapid fire AC130? The glitch that made your gun have no reload?

Fuck that game was great.
back in the days of MW2 I agree were fun as fuck like the akimbo winchesters with people running around diving and shooting one another or the Javelin glitch where you randomly got hit by a rocket from the sky from nowhere.

I miss the days of MW2 compared to now that I haven't played BLOPS in ages and stayed well away from 2.

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
CardinalPiggles said:
Wow, these people need an angry dome or something. The problem with instant messaging everyone: No time to think about what you're saying before you frickin say it.
There's plenty of time. These people simply lack a properly functioning maturity filter (or just lack maturity, period). Being able to quickly think about what you are saying before you say it (and be able to recognize when you are about to say something silly or inappropriate such to censor yourself) is a skill just like any other. I would guess these people have grown up just blurting out whatever is on their minds, constantly chittering away like chipmunks; so, they've just never learned to take the time to think about what is being said before uttering it. In other words, they have no self-control or self-restraint (same is often true of 5-year-olds). However, this does not excuse their actions in the slightest.

Jesse Billingsley

Mar 21, 2011
Kudos to the company stepping in an laying down the law. I'm pretty sure that everything that the company said is what most of the responsible gamers today think.

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
MeChaNiZ3D said:
The only news here is that people consider death threats on the internet to be worth anything anymore. Sure, they're immature fuckwits, but death threats are the new dirty look. It's not like anyone is actually going to carry it out.

Thoralata said:
erttheking said:
*Sigh* how come the most obnoxious immature ones make the most noise?
Because the mature gamers are content to bury their heads in the sand and give bullshit excuses like "This is the Internet" or "Free Speech hurr durr"

Instead of taking the route of being louder by shouting "SHUT UP" to these obnoxious asswipes.
How is it burying one's head in the sand, or a bullshit excuse, to suggest that they can say whatever they want? And more importantly, how are the two approaches mutually exclusive? Shouting "shut up" is the just response to someone saying something stupid, even for people who will defend that peron's right to say stupid things, that's why free speech works. People can say whatever they want, then they get judged and responded to by other people saying whatever they want. Saying that you support someone's right to make a death threat doesn't mean you don't think they're idiots for doing so, and it certainly doesn't mean you don't tell them they're idiots whenever you see it.
It's a bullshit excuse because you also have the right to say what you want, and instead of countering abuse you go "Meh, free country," and move on instead of trying to enact some good.

Grape_Bullion

Mar 8, 2012
Not that surprised really. Gamers are the most immature, uncaring, and unsophisticated consumers of media, ever. For every one guy who would be considered "mature", there are at least two hundred slobs who would gladly take his place in the "let's murder his family" crowd. And for everyone saying "this is just a vocal minority", it's not. True, a vocal minority of people are attacking the guy. But any time a patch nerfs something, or makes something more powerful, the majority of players notice and the majority are beyond insulting. They offer up "Whoever came up with this idea should be shot", or "fuck this new patch, they made their game unplayable and whoever thought of it should be fired". I'm surprised developers and publishers even listen to their audience at all when it comes to games. I feel bad for Vonderhaar, no one should have that thrown at them. Better luck next tweet, but it's the CoD crowd, so I'd prepare for more slander.

ThatDarnCoyote

Dec 3, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
If it makes you feel any better, a lot of the butthurt folks are threatening to leave and go back to Modern Warfare 3. To which I say: I can't wait for my finger to get better and play in the new, improved Blops 2 community!
That actually does make me feel better. If only I could believe they were telling the truth. :(
Silverbeard said:
Oboy. I would bet that the Bioware forums would be much more lively if any of these CoD chaps took to ME 3's multiplayer.
Maybe it is a good thing that very few of them actually did...
Yes, the BioWare fanbase is much more contemplative and respectful...just ask Jennifer Hepler.

Silverbeard

Jul 9, 2013
Ah, touché. I stand corrected and somewhat dismayed to realize that the threatening folk are not exclusive to CoD.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I'd be frustrated that people are just now realizing how dumb and destructive this kind of thing is, but at least it's something.

Of course, Dragon Age 3 is just around the corner, so enjoy it while it lasts.

DerangedHobo

Jan 11, 2012
Wow I thought this was going to be someone adding a DLC where you curb stomp babies or something, but NOPE, patches that nerf guns.

For fuck sake internet, I mean they deserve to get death threats for creating Call Of Duty games in the first place but this is retarded.

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
WanderingFool said:
Wow... I just finally got my 360 fixed, and have yet to start playing Blops 2 again (need Gold first) but... now im not sure I want to be associated with this shit... I mean seriously... We're going to kill someone over fractions of a second? The Fuck!?
I know, right? Even your avatar is shocked.

I don't play multiplayer games, so I don't see stuff like this too often. Thank goodness.

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
Snipers, man! Fucking snipers! They've always gotta ruin shit for everybody. I don't even... Understand how these people operate in the real world.

I applaud the CoD guys for keeping their cool, though.

EDIT: I wonder if this'll stop them pandering to those guys in the future... Or pander more.