Call of Duty: Ghosts Preorders Coming Slower Than Usual

JMan

Jun 18, 2008
Leximodicon said:
People could also be burning out on the CoD thing, it's been six years of shooters.
This is my reason for not preordering. I only got Black Ops 2 because somebody got it for me for Christmas. I'm also more interested in WATCH_DOGS than COD this year.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Neronium said:
erttheking said:
I think COD is finally starting to slow down. You can only milk a cow for so long before it shrivels up.
Remember the old cow Activision had milked? What was it, oh right the Tony Hawk series.

OT: While I can believe this is the case, isn't Ghost also coming out on the 360 and PS3? I think it's more that people are starting to get tired of CoD and want something new.
Also Guitar Hero and to a lesser extend the Spider Man games.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Nah, it's cause they used the wrong model for the dog. It should have been a Corgi.
My vote goes to the Derpling!

Seriously, the "modern warfare" machine is gonna die someday. Seems like it might be ghosting now.

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
icythepenguin said:
Maybe some people are confusing it as a Ghost Recon style game rather than a traditional COD game? Also aren't the Ghosts as a military unit property of Tom Clancy or is there actually a US military unit called Ghosts?
What, in a franchise where you're already expected to run headfirst into battle with a SNIPER rifle like an idiot and no-scope everyone?

BiH-Kira said:
With the 180 and PS4 not having backwards compatibility, he does have a point.
Some people probably aren't sure if they will buy the consoles on release, but they don't want to buy it on the old console right now. If they buy it for the PS360, they would have to rebuy it on the PS4 or 180 if they buy the console and want to play on it.

So they aren't preordering it just jet.
Doesn't the PS4 have some system or other where you can download PS3 titles that have been redesigned to be compatible? I could be wrong, and even so it's obviously very different from just plugging in your old PS3 disks.

OT: I'm certainly willing to believe that people are just waiting to see whether they want to go for the PS4 or the Xbone... Though it's always possible that it's not the major contributing factor. We'll have to wait and see.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
shintakie10 said:
This is the first corporate BS line that I actually don't think is BS actually, which is surprisin considerin usually that stuffs a load of crap.

I mean, it probably is partially a load of crap, but there's enough truth there that the need to twist it probably isn't as bad as say...Microsoft tryin to get people to believe that there's a ton of positive hype for the XBOX ONE.
The man both has a point, and Ghosts selling less than Black Ops 2 is still a ridicutastic amount of money piling in.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
I'm having a hard time choosing which console to put money down on, let alone what games to get.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
Caligulove said:
I'm having a hard time choosing which console to put money down on, let alone what games to get.
This would be one of the factors for preorders being down. The game will most likely break it's past records eventually but for once, PR talk for once seems accurate.

I'd imagine that preorders for every game that comes out in the next 6 months to be less than you'd get during the middle of a console cycle.

I haven't preordered any future games at the moment because I want to know exactly what differences there are between the current gen and next gen games if any. I guess it probably doesn't help not having much money either lol

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Ghonzor said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Nah, it's cause they used the wrong model for the dog. It should have been a Corgi.
False, Dachshund is the only correct answer.
You're both wrong. It should have been a ferret. Seriously, have you seen those things' war dance? It's fucking vicious!

You do NOT want want that charging at you in a battlefield. ;P

Little Gray

Sep 18, 2012
Neronium said:
erttheking said:
I think COD is finally starting to slow down. You can only milk a cow for so long before it shrivels up.
Remember the old cow Activision had milked? What was it, oh right the Tony Hawk series.

OT: While I can believe this is the case, isn't Ghost also coming out on the 360 and PS3? I think it's more that people are starting to get tired of CoD and want something new.
The rumors are that the xbox one will launch in november and ps4 in december so a lot of people will wait till they get their new consoles to buy ghosts. Why would they preorder ghost on the 360 when the xbox one could come out the week after. You might as well wait to buy the game at that point.

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
Slower than usual? It took ten whole seconds before our bones were crushed by our money! It usually takes five! It's terrible!

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Ghosts hasn't been hyped very well, not enough public exposure. Hell I even catch people genuinely thinking that the next CoD is called MW4 because of how little is changing.

One and a half missions showed a day before E3 (big mistake there), boring trailer. Practically the only thing they've tried telling us "The Dog will be in the campaign, it'll be an AI on your team".

I think we've finally reached the point of CoD being unable to be pre-ordered by everyone in the world just because CoD is in the title.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Zhukov said:
Uh... except they haven't been.

Each CoD game since CoD4:MW has sold more than the one before it.

Annual releases have worked out just fine for them thus far.
Call of Duty: World at War didn't sell as well as CoD 4, but otherwise you're right.