Call of Duty: Ghosts Will Feature Kinect Voice Commands

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Frostbite3789 said:
Still, what exactly does that have to do with the article? It's about Kinect availability for CoD, an Activision game. Which has jack all to do with Battlefield or EA. It's just bringing it up to start nonsense.
BF and COD fans are very... "dedicated".

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Borrowing ideas from SOCOM isn't a bad thing, I just wonder whether it'll get put to proper use in a series that's all about mag sizes and fully automatic bullet hoses.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I fully get the idea of using voice commands for the mutt while in game. But will it also respond to the usual Call of Duty lingo and commands? More traditional CoD sayings like "move ******", "go fuck your mum", "get back in the kitchen", "Fuckin' noob" "*racist comment number 17*" and "oh my gawd, your only a 10th level prestige, rofllol1337n00b" ect ect.?

Now that would really be integrating with the game.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Activating killstreaks in multiplayer would be pretty neat. Shout "AC130" and one will appear above the map.

That would stink if the voice commands were only "grenade" or "reload", yeah that's a smart idea, telling the enemy you are vulnerable since you're reloading...

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
If this doesn't allow me to tell the dog to roll over, then yeah, I'll be extremely disappointed now.

mgirl

Mar 29, 2011
Bindal said:
So, now we can tell the dog to sit, lay down, play dead, fetch ball ect.?
So what would happen if you threw a grenade and yelled fetch? They should totally put that in.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Yet another gimmick. Complexity just for the sake of complexity. Guess most players will try it for a bit then go back to issuing orders via control pad. I'd really love to see kinect be something more than the 21st century equivalent of the sandwich toaster but I doubt this is the game to do it.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
"Play dead dog" oh wait they already killed you for a dramatic narrative. Sorry.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
But wouldn't it be a pain in the ass?

First off, i doubt it can recognize all the different accents / languages, and interpret them correctly.

Second, now i don't know about you guys, but when i play games online, i usually chat with my friends.
Since the xbone probably got some sort of VOIP, wouldn't that lead to some awkward situations?

Guy 1 to his friend Guy 2, running around with an LMG: *shoots one bullet* "Man don't you hate it when someone kills you in the middle of the reload?"
Kinect: "Oh reload you say? we can arrange that" Online persona starts reloading a 199/200 magazine.

*enemy runs around corner, has an easy target*

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
ciasteczkowyp said:
B2T:
I wonder whether the actual impementation will be nothing but a gimmick or actually useful. I think the former will be the case, since I cannot think of any useful implementation in CoD.
I can think of a great way to use it in RTS' though. You'd need one that lets you save commands for later (like Empire Earth 2). You could then do stuff with the troops on screen and just say something like "Execute order 4" and then your predefined order on the slot 4 will be executed without you having to stop doing what you were doing with the other troops.
Ohh, the ability to customise your own voice commands for specific actions? I like this idea, I like it a lot. Too bad the entire industry is aggressively removing any choice and customisability from their games, but I would love to see this actually becoming a mainstream use of voice commands: Offer us the ability while mapping our controls to buttons to also map controls to voice command.

zzkill

Nov 12, 2012
Random CoD player: "Go Go Go!!!"

Random CoD players Dad: "Jason! Shut the f**k up you little prick! I told you to knock it off!"

Or even better:
CoD player: "Dog, urinate on the enemy corpse!" *his own dog proceeds to urinate on the Xbone*

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
This better let me pretend to be Milo Pressman from Stand By Me and issue the command "Chopper, Sic balls!"

tardcore

Jan 15, 2011
Great. So if your family and housemates didn't already think you were odd enough, now the kinect brings you the ability to wake them up in the wee hours of the night by shouting angry commands at inanimate objects.

"Why are you shouting dear!? What's wrong!?"

"Nothing's wrong Mom, I'm just yelling at the dog."

"...We don't own a dog, dear."

"The dog in the Xbox, Mom."

" ..... I think you should go have a nice lie down while I call Dr. Watkins, dear."

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Talking to my game is all I ever wanted.

Not.

They are seriously going to shove this voice command bullshit down everyone's throat, aren't they?

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Floppertje said:
you know, if they implement it right i can totally see this voice command thing working for tactical team-based shooters, like rainbow six. you control your character with the controller and give orders to your team with your voice. that could be pretty cool, right?
I've been pretty critical of CoD, Kinect and XBone as of late... but yeah, this has the potential to be pretty cool.

But not here. In something like ArmA, which desperately needs more intuitive controls.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
wooty said:
I fully get the idea of using voice commands for the mutt while in game. But will it also respond to the usual Call of Duty lingo and commands? More traditional CoD sayings like "move ******", "go fuck your mum", "get back in the kitchen", "Fuckin' noob" "*racist comment number 17*" and "oh my gawd, your only a 10th level prestige, rofllol1337n00b" ect ect.?

Now that would really be integrating with the game.
If the response from the game is to punt you from the match and after repeated incidents ban the account it might actually improve the game.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Why do people seem to think the height of immersion is yelling at a tv screen?