Call of Duty: Ghosts Will Feature Kinect Voice Commands

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
wooty said:
I fully get the idea of using voice commands for the mutt while in game. But will it also respond to the usual Call of Duty lingo and commands? More traditional CoD sayings like "move ******", "go fuck your mum", "get back in the kitchen", "Fuckin' noob" "*racist comment number 17*" and "oh my gawd, your only a 10th level prestige, rofllol1337n00b" ect ect.?

Now that would really be integrating with the game.
If someone says "Move ******!", I will cry if the character doesn't promptly bend down, pick up a few sticks, tie them together and move them.

Johkmil

Apr 14, 2009
Worgen said:
Why do people seem to think the height of immersion is yelling at a tv screen?
Well, with all the focus on sports on the Xbone reveal, I think they are drawing inspiration from that area. Although that would be a bad idea, as trying to voice-command a sports broadcast have a rate of effectiveness just barely above that of videogames.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
Is there an explanation on why Kinect is required and not just a headset? Did they really put a whole dog gimmick in the game just to promote Kinect?

CyberMachinist

Oct 8, 2012
Worgen said:
Why do people seem to think the height of immersion is yelling at a tv screen?
Because MS believes that it can't get anymore immersive than arguing with your HDTV as if it were a real person that just insulted your mother.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
ciasteczkowyp said:
noone cares about the game or xbone, give us the dawg!
Now there's an idea for the ultimate collector's edition: your very own attack dog!

Who needs some lame figurine when you can sic your irate canine onto unsuspecting pedestrians? "Go, fetch the balls!"

velcthulhu

Feb 14, 2009
Well, I'll admit that, with good voice recognition, controlling your dog squadmate with voice is probably a lot better than trying to do it with a controller while being shot at.

Of course, it would be better still if you just didn't have a dog squadmate. Or any squadmates you had to micromanage. Because it's not an RTS.

Shuu

Apr 23, 2013
While I couldn't be less interested in taking advantage of this, it is interesting to point out that a lot of people do enjoy shouting while playing Call of Doodie (aaah, that was beneath me...) but that's in multiplayer. It'll be good market research (that will likely go over their heads anyway) if people still don't like using the voice commands in the single player, just because they are not talking to anyone real.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
All I can think is "Combing deer, sir."

[link]http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/01/23[/link]

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Well MS shot itself in the foot making a TiVO with DRM console and I guess Activision is shooting the other foot with this nonsensical crap that wouldn't even work as a gimmick on the Wii.

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
I'm calling it now. This is going to suffer the same issue all other voice command systems suffer, not everyone is going to speak in a "pleasing North American accent".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFRoYhTJQQ

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
MorphingDragon said:
I'm calling it now. This is going to suffer the same issue all over voice command systems suffer, not everyone is going to speak in a "pleasing North American accent".

^ This.

Some people are just plain going to be difficult to understand, and not only because of accents or speech impediments or what have you, and that's especially going to be a problem if you're speaking in a situation where loud gunfire is emanating from the speakers and you're speaking as quickly as possible because saying a command generally takes longer than pressing a button.

I mean, I'm a very softly-accented Australian, and I could still never get my voice commands to work on SOCOM years ago.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Adam Jensen said:
Talking to my game is all I ever wanted.

Not.

They are seriously going to shove this voice command bullshit down everyone's throat, aren't they?

But, it's like you're in the future.
And who knows maybe for once you can order CoD to be good.
Or explain it that it is a horrible waste of bits and it should feel bad for it.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
MayFord said:
as Anna implied I'm alarmed that a student can make $7118 in four weeks on the internet. did you see this web site...
Sure, anna'n'shit, just sit sit here still until hitsquad moves in >:D

P.S.Sorry Topaz :(

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
Dr.Awkward said:
I'm sorry, but when they focused on arm hair of all things, how has this not bothered others considering how lifeless and unrealistic the dog's model looks at times? It's at times got that "taxidermy look" that many of Oblivion's creatures had. I mean, you would really think that they also make sure the dog got the same treatment...
We are a point graphically, and we have been since the current generation of consoles, where animations are MUCH more important that poly count or details like arm hair. How that hair moves, sure, that is important. How natural someone's gait is, clipping issues, collision issues, these become much more important than adding 30% more polygons to a model. Hopefully that is something that will be improved with new development tools in the next generation.

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
Amir Kondori said:
Terrible. Maybe this appeals to some people but I don't want to have to bark commands at my console.
badgersprite said:
MorphingDragon said:
I'm calling it now. This is going to suffer the same issue all over voice command systems suffer, not everyone is going to speak in a "pleasing North American accent".

^ This.

Some people are just plain going to be difficult to understand, and not only because of accents or speech impediments or what have you, and that's especially going to be a problem if you're speaking in a situation where loud gunfire is emanating from the speakers and you're speaking as quickly as possible because saying a command generally takes longer than pressing a button.

I mean, I'm a very softly-accented Australian, and I could still never get my voice commands to work on SOCOM years ago.
My Kiwi accent problem is too far gone. I sound like a god damned Robot and voice commands still don't work a shit.

AlwaysPractical

Oct 7, 2011
ritchards said:
Be more impressive if the game took voice commands from your own dog.
Please make it happen. That would be incredible. I would adopt a dog, just for that.

OT:
"Better with Kinect" will hold true in this case
Of course it will. Just like it did with Steel Battalion.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Wow, voice commands. Will the power and possibilities of kinect never cease to underwhelm. Being able to do something a $10 microphone could, well that is worth whatever Kinect retails for nowadays.