Call of Duty Hits $3 Billion

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
$3 billion? That's insane. I'm flabbergasted. I think I just don't like shooters and will never understand the universal draw. (they all feel the same to me)

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Well with 6 games in the Franchise it would bea kind of a let down it it was lower.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
johnman said:
Well with 6 games in the Franchise it would bea kind of a let down it it was lower.
Actually, I think that half a billion dollars per game is pretty amazing going.

Jun 6, 2009
wouldyoukindly99 said:
Good for Infinity Ward, but...

This just shows that most people don't care about things originality or artistic direction in games, it's a shame that more creative games will be lost in the shadow of generic war games like MW2.
Sure the genre of FPS is generic, but the Modern Warfare series is at least refreshing in the sea of WW2 FPS's.

And think! Bioshock 2 is coming Febuary! Pitch a tent a grab your Assault Rifle! You are one of the many waiting at the Bioshock 2 midnight launch! Including me!

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Blasphemy!

A lot of that money should be going towards IW.

..stupid Activision <.<

tk1989

May 20, 2008
Crunchy English said:
Dear Escapist,

The fact that Call of Duty is successful is not news. I love you, but please please please stop pretending anyone cares. Everyone is firmly rooted in their camps, the people who are disappointed with mankind, and people who are addicted to an excellently produced but mundane-in-concept shooter.

Your eternal friend,
Crunchy
The fact that it is successful isn't news, but the fact that it made $3 billion is. Just because you don't care doesn't mean no one else does. If you don't give a shit then just don't comment.

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
Wow, well, Infinity Ward earned it, those are some fine games. Bobby, please, don't open your fat mouth in public, it makes others feel uncomfortable.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
BrotherhoodOfSteel said:
wouldyoukindly99 said:
Good for Infinity Ward, but...

This just shows that most people don't care about things originality or artistic direction in games, it's a shame that more creative games will be lost in the shadow of generic war games like MW2.
Sure the genre of FPS is generic, but the Modern Warfare series is at least refreshing in the sea of WW2 FPS's.

And think! Bioshock 2 is coming Febuary! Pitch a tent a grab your Assault Rifle! You are one of the many waiting at the Bioshock 2 midnight launch! Including me!
Oh man, I can't wait! I really think that it will be better than it's predecessor and the multiplayer looks terrific.

The only FPSs besides BioShock 2 that I'm looking foward to playing are Call of Juarrez: Bound in Blood and Singularity.

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
I think that even with all of the let downs for the PC community, MW2 will be the last good CoD game. It seems that they will probably turn into a money hungry demon and shit it all up.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
The DSM said:
Wow, Some bad series rake in money, but this is preposterous, and if it wins game of the decade, I for one, am going to be pissed off.
So shall i. Call of Duty doesn't desere these awards.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
Crunchy English said:
Dear Escapist,

The fact that Call of Duty is successful is not news. I love you, but please please please stop pretending anyone cares. Everyone is firmly rooted in their camps, the people who are disappointed with mankind, and people who are addicted to an excellently produced but mundane-in-concept shooter.

Your eternal friend,
Crunchy
Couldn't have said it better myself

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Sooooo... looks like piracy is only a scapegoat when a game doesn't sell like a publisher thinks it should rather than considering it's something they did.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
nilcypher said:
johnman said:
Actually, I think that half a billion dollars per game is pretty amazing going.
Dam my sloppy writing, i was refer to the playtime not the money.
Money wise... Wooooooo!

ActionDan said:
IW should separate from Activision and become their own company.
And then IW can fund their own £200 million dollar advertisng campaign!