Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Launch Trailer, HOLY SH*T!!!

SendMeNoodz84

Jun 11, 2009
orannis62 said:
SendMeNoodz84 said:
orannis62 said:
SendMeNoodz84 said:
Superior Mind said:
Take your trailer elsewhere vile Candyman, I shall not be swayed!

I swore off buying MW2 after the unexplained price increase, (which isn't just limited to MW2 of course,) add to that the removal of many benefits for PC players in multiplayer and in particular the general attitude of Activision/Blizzard CEO Bob Kotick towards the industry he makes millions from. Activison has been blacklisted by me and dispite the wickedness of the trailers, gameplay footage, reviews, etc. I will NOT be be buying this.

A shame really since it does look awesome but I can be pretty stubborn. Just wish everyone else was when they start shouting "Boycott".
orannis62 said:
Superior Mind said:

I swore off buying MW2 after the unexplained price increase, (which isn't just limited to MW2 of course,) add to that the removal of many benefits for PC players in multiplayer and in particular the general attitude of Activision/Blizzard CEO Bob Kotick towards the industry he makes millions from. Activison has been blacklisted by me and dispite the wickedness of the trailers, gameplay footage, reviews, etc. I will NOT be be buying this.

A shame really since it does look awesome but I can be pretty stubborn. Just wish everyone else was when they start shouting "Boycott".
I'm the same, my friend, although I joined the boycott, as it were, because of them arbitrarily dropping Party Chat for no reason which holds up to more than two seconds of scrutiny.
You guys have fun sitting out.

I'm going to be online leveling up.
Will do. Have fun not talking to your friends (if on 360) or not using dedicated servers (if on PC).
I'll be getting it on the 360. They have this thing called "Party Mode".
It's a giant chat where you can invite your friends and people you meet online.
So yes, I'll be chatting with my friends.
No, you won't. Did you even read my first post which you quoted? I'm boycotting this game because they're disabling the Party System for most gametypes.
I was oblivious to this. How do they plan on doing it? Will it be like the mod lock where you can only do it for a second or two?

WolfMage

May 19, 2008
To ruin the fun of anyone who reads this, yes, YOU DO play as Mr. "Soap" McTavish himself, and yeah, Price fucking lived.
Kinda badass.
As for the space level, think the Nuke level in CoD4, but space.
And the explosion in space, yeah, can happen. Shockwave? No. C4 and detonator cap triggered? No explosion, no source of air.
Just clearing shit up.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
SendMeNoodz84 said:
Superior Mind said:

orannis62 said:
Superior Mind said:

I'm the same, my friend, although I joined the boycott, as it were, because of them arbitrarily dropping Party Chat for no reason which holds up to more than two seconds of scrutiny.
You guys have fun sitting out.

I'm going to be online leveling up.
same here. MP the minute i get home. 72 hours for it. no work, no class. hell yah.

and if you insist on BITCHING about the game, go somewhere, such as the now cry-baby infested IW forums.

Ayrav

Dec 12, 2008
WolfMage said:
No. C4 and detonator cap triggered? No explosion, no source of air.
Just clearing shit up.
You can have an explosion without having an oxygen rich environment, and I'm sure that C4 and ignition cap would still cause the chemical reaction that converts the C4 into energies in space. Like you said though it wouldn't be as much of an explosion as much a fast chemical reaction as what makes C4 an explosive is how its high-rate of expansion effects the air/water/metal/etc. around it. Again this is just hard speculation on my part.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
CORRODED SIN said:
same here. MP the minute i get home. 72 hours for it. no work, no class. hell yah.

and if you insist on BITCHING about the game, go somewhere, such as the now cry-baby infested IW forums.
No offense to you dude but this is the kind of attitude I hate. I have a problem with what IW and Activision are doing with all this and there are legitimate reasons or me to feel this way. They have, to some extent, shat all over their PC customers in particular. Why should I be okay with this? Especially when they want to charge me more for the privelage of being shat on.

So yeah, I've decided to not buy their game which I think is a pretty reasonable reaction if someone tries to sell a product that you don't think is worth the increased price they want you to pay for it. Does everyone have to feel this way? No of course not; SendMeNood obviously doesn't, you clearly don't and more power to you. However as for me I want to send a tiny, miniscule, completely irrelevent mesage that Infinity Ward and Activision won't even register as they're having money fights with yours and other people's cash, that as a customer of theirs I'd rather they didn't try to lure my wallet away from me with another offering from a cash cow that's beginning to taste a little sour.

Ayrav

Dec 12, 2008
Just wanted to chat about the trailer people. I know I got side tracked as well, so my mistake. We all need to realize that IW has changed things from the way we are used to them and that hurts some people, this is a normal human reaction. I'm not trying to justify what IW has done with their game and I'm not saying that people aren't overreacting either. However, we can't change what is so lets keep this focused on the topic at hand. Awesome trailer.

Timmaaaah

Aug 8, 2009
Well since I'm too poor to buy my own games I don't have to give a shit about the boycott. I don't give a fuck about multi-player really because my internet speed is shit. I'm really just in it for the campaign. Hopefully I'll be able to get ahold of a PC with a good enough graphics card to run it, because I suck donkeyballs at console FPSs. This looks sweet but I hope the music is going to be by the same guy, coz while eminem is cool, I'll miss the epicness. FUCK that gave me goosebumps though, especially when Soap grabs Sanderson's hand to stop him from falling.

(Sorry before I mentioned that Hans Zimmer did the music, but I just read the credits. I don't know where I read that Zimmer did the music.)

Timmaaaah

Aug 8, 2009
Yea the marine levels are going to reek of american brovado, but the S.A.S levels with Soap are just going to be straight up kickass

joe182

Feb 18, 2005
The space bit is really awesome, its only for literally 1 minute, and it's basically a cutscene, but yeah it's amazing :) as is the rest of the game. All you people 'boycotting' it are REALLY gona miss out on a truly amazing game here.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Holy Jesus, what is that!? (to the terrible rap music)

WHAT IS THAT?!?! (to general awesomeness of trailer)

Now I've only ever played World at War on a friends console and found it rather fun and interesting. But this! Fighting on mountains? Awesome! Underwater infiltration looking missions? Awesome! CoD in SPACE?!?! Man I never bought into the hype for this game but holy crap I'm buying this!

I Stomp on Kittens

Don't let go!
Nov 3, 2008
Ayrav said:
Oh WOW. I just watched it again, at around 1:00 I looks like Captain Price in front of you in the boat.

That could just be me wanting it to be Captain Price though :(.
I don't know if this counts as a spoiler but.... It..is

Liam1390

Sep 2, 2009
Looks like it's the ISS that's being blown up. It seems like it's going to be like the scene where you get executed. If the ultra nationalists would be able to blow that thing up, we'd be screwed. Can't wait for the tenth.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
i was not planning on getting that game because I thought the first one was really really boring. After seeing that trailer, I may rent it.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I was going to aviod MW2 because I don't like multiplayer based games, but this looks like it has a great story!