Call of Duty: WWII Confirmed

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
MC1980 said:
No-one gives a fuck about the Vietnam/Korean wars outside of 'Mumaricans. They've toyed with the idea of a 'Nam focused game at a time before, and that was the conclusion they came to after market research. Can't say I'm not glad, I'd rather have some variety with Brits and Russians, than another round of yanks wanking about.
I think non-Americans are fine playing American-focused war games- the early Medal of Honour games and Wolfestein games were you tend to only see and play as Americans were both successful. Vietnam would have been a good choice IMO, everyone around the world has some familiarity and sense of what the conflict was like.

My personal choice though would have been a Korean War game because it's a genuinely fascinating conflict- and people outside of America do give a fuck about it. The Koreans themselves most obviously, but it was also a huge coalition of other nations which for the only time in history fought combat operations under a UN flag. Unlike WW2, we're also still living with the direct consequences of that war by the fact that North Korea still exists and constantly threatens nuclear war with everyone. A COD game set in Korea would have been very timely given what's going on in the world now. I think Activision are being conservative and going for WW2 option after the flunk of their last time- if they were more ambitious they'd have tried Vietnam or Korea.