Calling all single people, what are you doing to survive the 14th?

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Honestly its a case of /care off here.

I'll be playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 and having Sky HD installed, i think i'm good...

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
I've never been in a relationship on valentines day so I don't really see what I am supposed to be missing.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Just a normal day. Im happy in he knowledge that i wont be running around buying tacky over priced crap for a partner. That day has nothing to do with romance, only selling rubbish that means nothing. Also, if you are a woman, then if your partner only gives you flowers etc on valentines day only, then i feel sorry for you. He isnt doing it for love, he is doing it cos if he doesnt you wont give him any sex that night. lol

I never do anything for V day. But i always buy my girlfriend little gifts, flowers through out the year when she least expects it. Its more surprising and special than getting something because your expected to.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Nothing, because Valentine's Day is a load of shit.

Explain to me how it is romantic to buy someone something in the name of love on a designated day, yet it's considered ODD if you return with a gift for no reason whatsoever?

Fuck Valentine's Day. It's just another way of making people in suits some money.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
Working and drinking my problems away. it's the only day of the year I allow myself to drink excessively without reason.

Also marks 3 years since my ex dumped me, of all days.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Eating their chocolate.

In all likelyhood just playing vidja games. It's what I do when I don't have anything else to do isn't it?

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
well even though this year i do have someone on that date... (for the fucking first time ever)
what i did untill now was kind of a ritual (might even do it again this year if we cant meet)
i sit with a but load of snacks in front of my computer/tv and do a marathon of some TV show... last year it was the simpsons i covered about 2 seasons... it was nice :)

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
What do people generally do with something they don't like? Why, ignore it of course! I'm just going to pretend valentines day doesn't exist and go on with business as usual.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
get up, go to uni, do uni assignment, then i will probably end up hanging out with my friend whose boyfriend is all the way in london working, and the weekend coming i'm helping them move his stuff from his apartmemt to another, funny thing is that was meant to be a romantic weekend for them but i've been roped into it...why must i always get dragged into helping them move...

Either way i've never really cared for valentines day even when i've been with people (neither did they, would make an effort if they cared about it).

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
It doesn't bother me, being single on Valentines, I guess it helps that it's a choice of mine...

But most of my single friends are going out, a couple are having a duvet day with love films and ice cream (my suggestion to them). Me? Once I've finished at uni and done the panels I have to attend in the afternoon I'll likely just do some reading, maybe tidy my room properly. Terribly exciting I know but I genuinely think of it as any other day.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
Reading up on all the rights I don't have, the lack of which makes a relationship an entirely untenable position for me, speaking both from a logical standpoint and from my past experiences with institutionalized abuse as a child.

Xcelsior

Jun 3, 2009
Not giving a shit. It will be just another Tuesday for me.

Edit: MASS EFFECT 3 DEMO!!!!

Mauso88

A Simply Dignified Manly Man.
Feb 3, 2011
Casual disinterest at the least and complete disregard at the most.

Besides, I always make sure the people around me know they matter to me. :>

pilf

Apr 23, 2008
I only remember it's valentines day because it's also one of my best mates birthdays. The day itself isn't really all that special, even when I was in a relationship.