Can nintendo salvage themsleves

jamesbrown

Apr 18, 2011
I just want to know if you think that there is any possible way for nintendo to save themsleves.

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
yeah, if they don't act soon they will be crushed by their enormous mountain of money.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Saved from? Is there a meteorite that's about to hit Japan or something? Is there money on fire and creating a huge inferno? You need to be more specific.
jamesbrown said:
from the failure that is the wii
Oh, I see. You either don't know that the Wii is selling far better then any other console or you're a troll. Either way, the Wii is not a failure by conventional measures.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
You shouldnt take Sterling's word as god's. Just saying.

Anywhere, is htere? I suppose. They could make a more dedicated console. The gamecube wasnt the greatest thing, but it was still dedicated. it could pull graphics when it wnated to, and had a relatively decent catalog by the time of its end (though its still sold in stores. gamestop has one for 30 bucks used, and thats not bad for a pick up console). they can still make casual games, like the Wii stuff, but have more titles like Pikmin and stuff. Its kinda sad, but my mom just recently bought a wii, and all i've used it for is to play GC games.

mocruz1200

Jan 17, 2009
jamesbrown said:
IIRC, the Wii has sold more units than the Xbox and the PS3.
when the OG DS came out, it didnt put out stellar numbers, but then they came out with the DS lite, and BAM, back on top. Nintendo is doing, and will continue to do, fine.

lordmardok

Mar 25, 2010
Twilight_guy said:
Saved from? Is there a meteorite that's about to hit Japan or something? Is there money on fire and creating a huge inferno? You need to be more specific.
Well... there was that enormous earthquake that killed tons and tons of people... but other than that Nintendo is in a bit of trouble. It's starting to feel the backlash of relying on just reprinting old properties and not being able to come up with any new IP's in the last... 10 years or so? That sounds about right.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Moriarty said:
yeah, if they don't act soon they will be crushed by their enormous mountain of money.
THIS! SO MANY TIMES OVER, THIS!

Damn funny stuff, made me laugh something fierce.

Semudara

Oct 6, 2010
The Wii was by no means perfect, but neither was the GameCube or the N64 before that. Nintendo have not screwed their fans over any more than Microsoft and Sony have screwed over theirs. So, can they survive? Yes. Yes they can.

Fleeker

Jan 24, 2011
Yes they need to be saved from being a huge company that sells a ton of consoles, handhelds, and games. They need to be saved from trying to be innovative and creating a situation where Sony and Microsoft create peripheral devices to combat what is popular with Nintendo. Maybe save Nintendo from message board topics made that only say I don't like them so they must be struggling.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
What do the need saving from again? They dropped the price of the 3DS and are giving people free games, they have a new system coming out that looks really cool, and they have many games coming out this year.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Failure is Atari.

Failure is not a multi billion pound (i'm British I use pounds, give me a break) company that could recoup just about any loss by releasing "Mario does Princess Peach" as an adult cartoon.

AdmanUK

Mar 27, 2009
The Wii might outsell bibles these days, but honestly I can see where this guy is coming from. The Wii is just...aweful.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
assuming sterling is right.... sure, why not?
I'm not sure how, but looking around would be a good first step and a bit of humility never hurt anyone either.

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
jamesbrown said:
Just because YOU don't like the wii doesn't mean it's a failure. So many homes and resorts have a Wii now, and it's still a decent console if you like that kind of thing. When it was first coming out (as I was working in electronics retail) it sold out every time we got a shipment for a whole year.