Can someone explain what's wrong with this?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
This is literally the only place I have seen - whatever this is - being promoted and I still have no idea what it's supposed to be about. Obscure weirdo hunting for rage bait on social media is a hobby for the privileged few I suppose.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Shit, I never knew I was a racist when I played PUBG and had a black woman as my avatar. Where do I hand in my SJW badge and SJW gun and do I get 48 hours to redeem myself by being ultra-SJW?
Not having to think about the socio-cultural effects of your video game character's ethnicity is white supremacy.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Shit, I never knew I was a racist when I played PUBG and had a black woman as my avatar. Where do I hand in my SJW badge and SJW gun and do I get 48 hours to redeem myself by being ultra-SJW?
But...you are a luminous person with impractically small wings like your avatar, right?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Seriously. It seems to me that the only purpose of Twitter is to find things to get mad over. I literally just use it to find out if they have added more content to my favorite game (Wreckfest), and that's it. It's so nice to not worry about all of these stupid, ridiculous non-troversies like this shit, or Baby Yoda eating Frog Lady's eggs, or boob armor or whatever the fuck people on the internet are complaining about this week. Stop following social media, and all these issues disappear, almost like they weren't worth worrying about in the first place.
That boob armor thing made me laugh. I love laughing at Anita's desperate attempts to become relevant again, even though now everybody has pretty much realized that she is an idiot. Except NaughtyDog.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I don't think I've ever played a game as a white male if I get s choice

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Only if you are enough of a loose-SJW-cannon to have your captain yell at you;

Reactions: deleted20220709

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Sorry, didn't see this until now.

The problem with it is that you have to understand the slant that is innately painted with it.

In short, you're never questioning views about that are centered around off-kilter Republican inanity. Qanon and the like.

It's always just how crazy and weird and dangerous Left thinking is. There are people from Qanon who have become elected officials of our nation. Qanon believes in a Satantic Democratic Cabal of Pedophiles that they must fight... and the topics that are more worthy of focus are Space Buns and the like.

We have too much inane and serious things at the same time that we can't blow our energy on the inane and just be spent when actual causes come our way.
I dunno about others but for me, this is the case because I hold the left to a higher standard. We're not supposed to be as crazy as the right. We're not supposed to be the ignorant hicks stuck up in old thoughts old religions old prejudices and so on. We're supposed to be better than that.

I do not have high enough expectations of republicans and I don't care if they implode because that will do us good in allowing us to better influence the course of the nation. I do care if the left is filled with lunatic identitarians and authoritarians, however, because that will make it harder to achieve the above, so the criticism is aimed there in an effort to weed out the insanity and get things actually done.

The qanon people are seen as jokes in wider society, but people who complain about other peolpe's racism on twitter are if not celebrated (and don't get my wrong, they get celebrated plenty and not just in stormbringer-equivalent or whatever they call that nazi website sites) are at least tacitly given approval to go on with their antics into perpetuity.

blockhead77

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2020
She didn't seem to mean to be trying to stir the pot. This just seems like Twitter being Twitter.