Can someone recommend me an anime?

Wyatt118

Jun 16, 2011
That doesn't make me feel like a creep or pervert? (preferably a short anime.)

Edit: Seen most of Cowboy Bebop, and parts of Ghost in the shell. Both were very enjoyable.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Baccano! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/anime/6404-Anime-Review-Baccano]

Classic gangster drama with touches of horror, ultraviolence, and comedy. 16 episodes long. And no prominent element of sexualization in sight, which I'm assuming is what you're aiming for in regard to that whole "pervert" thing.

Takuanuva

Jun 12, 2011
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. The most awesome thing I've ever seen. Mecha+comedy+drama+AWESOME(lots of it). And it's around 30 episodes long, too (plus 2 movies).
And I have an advice: watch the original thing with english subs, dubbed version is extremely meh.

Mike Laserbeam

Dec 10, 2010
CLANNAD

Not exactly short, plus there's also the second series (After Story), but it's absolutely beautiful and I promise you won't feel like a pervert watching it! On its base level it's about several girls and one guy, which is usually a recipe for fan-service, but it's just a brilliant and moving story. Watch it up!

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
"Now and Then, Here and There" is a good one. Does have some themes of sexual violence, but not in a creepy way-- it deals with violence and war in a direct and no-nonsense fashion despite the far-flung science fiction setting.

"Kaiba" is one of my all-time favourites. Weird and alien, but also very human and cute.

"Mushi-shi" is also good, stand-alone episodes with light horror themes and cool folklore. Sort of a japanese shinto version of x-files ;)

I'll keep it at that, but the list can go on and on and on and on ....

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Imperator_DK said:
Baccano! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/anime/6404-Anime-Review-Baccano]

Classic gangster drama with touches of horror, ultraviolence, and comedy. 16 episodes long. And no prominent element of sexualization in sight, which I'm assuming is what you're aiming for in regard to that whole "pervert" thing.
Ninja'd on the very first post! But yes, a thousand times this, it's amazing.

Also, Full Metal Alchemist. The original anime, not brotherhood. Well, I prefer the more character focused original anyway, some people prefer the newer one for its plot focus. Depends on what you're looking for I guess, but the original is my favourite anime ever.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Outright Villainy said:
Imperator_DK said:

Also, Full Metal Alchemist. The original anime, not brotherhood. Well, I prefer the more character focused original anyway, some people prefer the newer one for its plot focus. Depends on what you're looking for I guess, but the original is my favourite anime ever.
A short one? Ga-Rei Zero

The Hot Sauce Thief

Nov 14, 2010
Well, without you giving any guidelines on what type of anime you would like, I'll just recommend my personal favourites

Darker Than Black- its a action/mystery type

Fairy Tail- An action/comedy anime, some episodes have a few sexual jokes, but nothing that could make you seem perverted

Code Geass- this ones a sci-fi/action/drama/mecha

Air Gear- short and sweet with 13 episodes, the Shounen/sports anime.

Hope it helps.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Eri said:
Outright Villainy said:
Imperator_DK said:

A short one? Ga-Rei Zero
Doesn't matter, it's worth watching. Also just look at this way: Watch 15 or so episodes. Then you'll want more. Then you'll have more. Everyone wins.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Suppose it depends on your tastes, but regardless:

Ergo Proxy (23 eps)
Durarara!! (24 eps, same studio as Baccano!, which I also recommend)
Moyashimon (11 eps)
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi (12 eps)

Also have some more niche stuff if interested...

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Ghost in the Shell is totally great. Also a movie of about half an hour long so it's really short.

There's a slight dash of nudity (though not really, it's an artificial body) but I don't know what you consider "creepy".

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Okay no, mate, seriously...
...GODDAMN IT YOU'RE NEW.

Okay, basically, this thread gets made about 12 times every single day, and it's infuriating.
If you want a bazillion suggestions, type in 'recommend me an anime' in the search bar in the top right.

imadbro?
Yiz:mad:.

Welcome to our humble site, though:] <3.

Shaun Rigby

Nov 30, 2010
the hot sauce thief said:
Pretty sure air gear has 26 episodes but still a great anime to watch. Hoping for a season two.

The Hot Sauce Thief

Nov 14, 2010
Shaun Rigby said:
the hot sauce thief said:
Pretty sure air gear has 26 episodes but still a great anime to watch. Hoping for a season two.
Oh yeah, my mistake (25 episodes), still a great anime, despite the ending...
Is there any news on a second season?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Go watch Monster, one of the best shows, anime or otherwise, I've ever seen. Well I'm not that far in it, but the story is fantastic so far.

Suicidal_Ferret

Aug 9, 2010
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu
Last Exile

Those 3 came to mind first.

8th MS Team
Neon Genesis Evangalion (Obligatory to watch it while sleep deprived)

Those came to mind after some thought.