Can you cook?

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
I can cook to a limited degree.
I can't cook the fanciest meals but I can cook most things if I've got a recipe in front of me.

Sir Moomin

Apr 16, 2010
I can cook very well its my job im a chef :) my favourites are mostly pastrys and baking but im not to bad at italian these days its not really about if you can cook its about speed and i lack that a great deal! :(

Yeslek Ssomllur

Jul 18, 2010
I love to cook! I've got my own book of recipes, collected from successful food experiments. Just the other night I made this shrimp quesadilla with cayenne pepper and fresh mozzarella that almost made me cry it was so good.

*Leaves to go dig leftover shrimp quesadilla out of fridge*

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
Yeslek Ssomllur said:
I love to cook! I've got my own book of recipes, collected from successful food experiments. Just the other night I made this shrimp quesadilla with cayenne pepper and fresh mozzarella that almost made me cry it was so good.

*Leaves to go dig leftover shrimp quesadilla out of fridge*
I love mixing different stuff for quesadillas it just makes life great!

RedBeta22

Aug 28, 2008
Yep. Its taken 2 years of living on my own but Ive finally learned to cook real food. I was kinda getting sick of Frozen Pizza and Kraft Dinner anyway.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
For myself, yeah. For my family, no, I have a problem with adding too much spice.

bulbasaur765

May 1, 2010
Boiling eggs, boiling pasta, browning beef, Using Instant Soup mix and Hamburger Helper products, Using the oven for frozen fries and pizza. I think I can make it on my own.

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
I can cook pretty well. But most of the time I don't have the patience to stay in the kitchen long enough to make some of the things I am good at.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Nope I suck at cooking. I can cook for myself but I have a really weird sense of taste so even if I love what I'm eating most people can't even stomach it. On the other hand I can't stand the food at fancy restaurants.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
A bit. I can boil eggs, fry bacon and one time I managed to make a really good "rösti".

Drakane

May 8, 2009
I can. It is mostly basic stuff but I'm from the middle of Nebraska... and for the people that don't know, its a state pretty much in the dead center of the US... and thats what we eat. I have now started to learn vegetarian cooking for my gf, though it is against my corn fed beef eating nature.

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
I can cook pretty well. I like cooking for other people more than for myself though, it gets boring when I just cook my own meals.

Jun 11, 2008
If I have a recipe I can cook it. Other than that off the tope of my head I can roast and glaze chicken, I can do pastas, fry things, Lasagne, pancakes and most other simpler things.

MagicMouse

Dec 31, 2009
EBHughsThe1st said:
Cooking is important. It's not taught in schools due to more focus on math and science due to the rise in information and jobs created by it. So, can you? Are you any good?

I cook a mean ramen, thanks to a recipe I've been tweaking with. I can also fry stuff, make a pasta, meat sauce and everything, and make soup. I've made a few sausage burgers too, and breakfasts are easy for me.

So, can you, how well can you, and what do you cook?
I can cook well enough, as well as most people with internet access.

Also, it WAS taught at my school. Required "Home Ec." and optional "Foods" and "Chefs" classes.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
Yes, sir, I do cook, indeed.

Chili, roasts, breads, several kinds of pasta dishes and sauces, Stews, soups, you name it.

I love to cook for people.