Can you cook?

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
Yes, i jumped on the healthy bandwagon and my family didnt so i learned too cook =]

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
I am a pretty good cook actually. I can make anything from an alfredo/bechemel sauce to a full roast beef dinner.

I am not the best, but I am good.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
EBHughsThe1st said:
Cooking is important. It's not taught in schools due to more focus on math and science due to the rise in information and jobs created by it. So, can you? Are you any good?

I cook a mean ramen, thanks to a recipe I've been tweaking with. I can also fry stuff, make a pasta, meat sauce and everything, and make soup. I've made a few sausage burgers too, and breakfasts are easy for me.

So, can you, how well can you, and what do you cook?
In Australia (well atleast in NSW) it's taught in high school. And yes I can cook, I may not be a cheif but I can get around the kitchen :)

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
I am a kickass cook. My nasi goreng is the stuff of legends.

[small]my secret ingredient is love <3[/small]

Cyanin

Dec 25, 2009
Thanks to taking home ec i'm a pretty good cook, i can make pasta, stir-fry, curry, enchiladas, a few other things. I like being able to cook, it's gonna help when i finally finish up secondary school.

Umwerfer

Nov 3, 2008
I am blessed and cursed. I am above average in the kitchen, lazy and have a durable stomach. Therefore I usually end up making something...I think the best description is "odd". Fried vegetables with melted cheese and bbq seasoning xD Tastes awesome, but definitly not your everyday dish^^

Sharky200

Nov 28, 2009
I cook almost every day. ( not today cause I'm sick )i get whatever is available and attempt to make something from it. We are a little short on cash but have vegetables in our garden. Let's just say my dad is tired of zucchinis. fried zucchinis, zucchini chowder, zucchini and beef stew, zucchini omelet, and the list goes on XD.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
I can cook indian,japanese,italian,cajun,mexican and french.

I can go on and on but my uncle taught me to cook ^^

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Cook at local Park Hotell restaurant, five stars. So, well, I do believe so... I hope so.

=P

whittaker

Jan 12, 2010
I cook every day, have been for the last five years, and every other day a couple of years before I left home. I love to cook.
but I hate doing the dishes afterwards :(

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
I cook fairly well as long as no one is there to tell me how to do it and point out what I'm doing wrong every five minutes DAD! 'cuse me, sorry about that...

Moosemade

Oct 20, 2008
I could, even before I went to school for it. I don't use it as much, these days, as the industry is one fubar place, but suffice to say my Thanksgivings are freaking epic.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
EBHughsThe1st said:
Cooking is important. It's not taught in schools due to more focus on math and science due to the rise in information and jobs created by it.
We have it over here. I had it every thursday, from morning till lunch (where we would use the lunch period to consume our delicious meals and baked goods). About one third theory (nutrition, hygiene etc) and two thirds practice. Probably the most advanced thing I can make is Berliners. And boy, are they good! I want some right NOW! Anyway, the lessons I learned in this class are the most valuable I ever attained in a school.

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
Yup. My granparents considered it quite important that I could cook my own meals. I can cook steak, chicken, pork, spaghetti, goulash (Australia/N. American), pizza (not Chief Boyarde or however the heck you spell it but good, old-fashioned Italian pizza). I can bake too. Always best when you don't have to depend on another for a meal (well, besides for the ingredients).

Zapotec

Aug 29, 2010
I can make a stir fry with snow peas and carrots with ginger and pepper, veggies and noodles with a bit of tomato sauce and garlic. I used to make really good burgers, but I'm a veg now so I don't do that anymore :) I really want to cook something I like using an eggplant. :)