Can You Game While Drunk?

DC_Josh

Harmonica God
Oct 9, 2008
I will KILL anyone on Soul Calibur 3&4 if I am drunk. This is a rare occasion due to my intolerance for the stuff however.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Some games like DDR are just hilarious to try and do drunk...my favorite one to do under any kind of high is WarioWare Smooth Moves and/or Castle Crashers mainly because of the ending.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
I am drunk right now, it makes the games more fun and you focus much more, butI tend to perform less well.
Dam its jsut like sex

Konfusion88

Nov 9, 2009
I reach a point after a few (cough) beers that my guitar hero skillz increase to the point of earning highscores I can't match sober...

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Let me introduce you to Capture the Fish in Rag Doll Kund Fu for PS3, the best game ever made to get drunk to:

It's awesome. Local multiplayer kicks ass, why the critics shot this one down is beyond me.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Tried it once with MW2. Stood in a courtyard for a minute unsure of what to do, then took off down a hallway and just started looking at the walls. Then I died. Terrifying experience I never wish to repeat.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Amnestic said:
I'm still convinced my crit rating went up in WoW the more drunk I got.
Lol that's because you were seeing double numbers. I had the same problem. WoW + booze = Good times.

OT: Yes, as mentioned before. I used to get all shit faced and PVP or joind raid groups. TF2 is also fun while intoxicated.

Parattchi

Sep 25, 2008
I get better at pretty well all games when I've had some rum. Particularly Bolts-only on World at War. The only thing that usually ends badly is Dwarf Fortress. Hehe. Drowned lil' Dwarfies!

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I'm pretty descent on Rock Band while sober, but after 5 or 6 shots of vodka and I'm the motherfucking king. The first time I noticed this is when I was completely hammered at a friends house and her little brother challenged me to Guitar Hero. I ended up five-starring Jordan on Expert, shocking both me and everyone in the room. Sadly, I've never been able to replicate the results with Jordan, but I've managed to do this with almost all of the Rock Band 1/2 tracks.

I've also noticed that I play better while upside-down, but I'd never combine the two.

Dobrev

Mar 25, 2009
World of Warcraft is best experienced after coming from the bar, poping on VT and talking trash. Loging in the game is not required.

mezmerizer02

Jun 6, 2009
it's like playing pool or darts drunk... it makes me focus so much more. My sub-conscience takes over my hands and I rock the casbah on any game.

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
Drunk people in Vent are one of the great joys of mmorpg's.

Brütal Legend is friggin awesome to play under the influence of anything. Especially when you Earthshaker the tempel in the beginning and the camera pans out. Aaaaaaawesome.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
quiet_samurai said:
Amnestic said:
I'm still convinced my crit rating went up in WoW the more drunk I got.
Lol that's because you were seeing double numbers. I had the same problem. WoW + booze = Good times.

OT: Yes, as mentioned before. I used to get all shit faced and PVP or joind raid groups. TF2 is also fun while intoxicated.
I main tank(ed) while drunk.

The worst (or best?) part is that even when I could barely focus on my screen I was still a superior player to some (not all) of our guild tanks.

SnakeF

Apr 25, 2009
Ask any of the TF2 PC group this, half of us have played drunk before, myself included and I'm sure it makes you better, I also used to own Guitar hero 3 drunk when I partied at a friends house.