Can you guess a game from a line of dialogue? (thread game)

ninja666

May 17, 2014
Silentpony said:
Line 1 is Fallout New Vegas

Line 2 is...no idea...

Line 3 I'm pretty sure is Silent Hill 2 with that crazy lady
The second line is from Dark Souls. The chainmail-clad guy you meet at Firelink Shrine says that when you talk to him after ringing the first bell. The rest of the answers are correct.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
JUMBO PALACE said:
gigastar said:
"On a distant island, far away from civilization, the protectors of the peace take to the skies."
Is this Crimson Skies?
Nope.

Ill be nice and say that this quote comes from the opening cutscene of this game.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
sgy0003 said:
Line 1: "Don't you remember your duty? Don't you remember your Friends?!"
"I remember everything... and it changes NOTHING!"

Dust: an Elysian Tail, said by General Gaius. That part of the trailer and the following quote I added always gave me chills~

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Nile McMorrow said:
New Line One: "This is Rupture Farms. They say it's the biggest meat processing plant on Oddworld. I used to work here."

New Line Two: "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA."
1 is Abe's Oddysey
2 is Final Fantasy X

Here is one: "And __ cast himself from the highest mountain in all of Greece. After ten years of suffering, ten years of endless nightmares, it would finally come to an end. Death would be his escape from madness..."

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
hermes said:
Nile McMorrow said:
New Line One: "This is Rupture Farms. They say it's the biggest meat processing plant on Oddworld. I used to work here."

1 is Abe's Oddysey
2 is Final Fantasy X

Here is one: "And __ cast himself from the highest mountain in all of Greece. After ten years of suffering, ten years of endless nightmares, it would finally come to an end. Death would be his escape from madness..."

^God of War! Narrated by Gaia. Yay I finally recognized a non-obvious one! ?Greece? kinda still gave it away though.

New one: The enemy may shatter our bodies, but they cannot break our spirit. Even now they advance on our home world, to seize by force what they cannot claim by right. They cannot imagine what awaits them...?

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Nile McMorrow said:

Ooh. Abe's Oddysee. Classic. The second line could be a number of things, but I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess Specter from ape escape.

Here's a couple new quotes:

1. "I've got bigger fish to fry."
"Bigger than the galaxy?"
"Well, different fish anyway."

2. "Gee, I really care about your lame people and your crummy temple, but we're gonna have to pass."

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
"It shone pale as bone, As I stood there alone, And I thought to myself how the moon, That night cast its light, On my heart's true delight, And the reef where her body was strewn."

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Hawki said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
"It's a me!... Mario!"
Gee, I dunno, Luigi?

Xsjadoblayde said:
"HiyYIAHH!"
Link from 3D Zelda games, as early as Ocarina of Time.

Xsjadoblayde said:
"Do you really think you'll survive in here? You don't seem to know which creek you're in. Sweetcorn is the only thing that makes it through my rear.
How do you think I keep this lovely grin?"
The Great Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day.
Luigi isn't a game, silly! No treat for you. ;)

But the rest are correct. Have a smoked salmon biscuit thing...

Am disappointed nobody recognised the Bloodborne quote though. Oh wells.

One more;
"Is there anything that we associate more closely with intelligence than curiosity? Every intelligent species on Earth is attracted by the unknown. Our mythologies are full of riddles and mysteries and divine knowledge. Even the word apocalypse... Even the word apocalypse means revelation. It seems like our ancestors always imagined that even at the very end we would solve one last mystery."

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
I know none of these (bar the really obvious ones).

1) "You feel an evil presence watching you..."

2) "Ah... You're here. Good. We've got a problem. A big one."

3) "Then do what needs to be done. Bolster our defenses. Prepare for the attack on Pearl Harbor."

DoctorObviously

May 22, 2009
1) "After all you have sought, after all you have sacrificed, it all ends in another stunning failure!"

2) "Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much? In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired! No, not you, test subject, you're fine. Yes, you! Box! Your stuff! Out the front door! Parking lot! Car! Goodbye!"

3) "The Grail is a concept, a general understanding of Good. The search for the Grail is nothing beyond an ordinary quest for perfection. The Grail has no specific form or shape. It differs for each individual: it can be an object, an idea, a discovery. It can also be a search for the truth about oneself. This theory claims the quest for the Grail to be the goal in itself. The result is of secondary importance."

4) "Sometimes things work out best when you don't try as hard. No matter who you are, bearing too much weight will lead to the eventual collapse of everything."

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
DoctorObviously said:
2) "Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much? In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired! No, not you, test subject, you're fine. Yes, you! Box! Your stuff! Out the front door! Parking lot! Car! Goodbye!"
Good ol Cave Johnson from Portal 2

trunkage said:
"NOTHING MORE BADASS THAN TREATING A WOMAN WITH RESPECT"
That is Mr. Torgue Flexington in Borderlands 2. One of the best characters imo

Line: "Half as long, Twice as Bright"

No idea if that is too vague but its from one of my favorite games

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
1) "If this is a taste of the afterlife, I think simple oblivion will do nicely".

2) "Madmen toil surreptitiously in rituals to summon the moon".

3) "Over the bones of the bird of prey, the fires are put out, and the diabolic gathering is closed off once again".

4) "Stay fresh!"

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
1. "Out of all the women ive known, youre the only one that does that before."

2. "No one will ever find it. In the drawer between the top and bottom."

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Canadamus Prime said:
I've got one.
"Why do you keep touching me?"
Orc grunt from Warcraft III?

Raistlarn

Nov 3, 2017
Silvanus said:
1) "If this is a taste of the afterlife, I think simple oblivion will do nicely".

2) "Madmen toil surreptitiously in rituals to summon the moon".

3) "Over the bones of the bird of prey, the fires are put out, and the diabolic gathering is closed off once again".

4) "Stay fresh!"
1) Crysis
3) Guild wars 2

Here's my 2.

1) "Congratulations Professor. With Hitler removed."

2)From the moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain & misery

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Raistlarn said:
1) "Congratulations Professor. With Hitler removed."
Red Alert 1.

Raistlarn said:
2)From the moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain & misery
Psycho Mantis, Metal Gear Solid.
Canadamus Prime said:
Hawki said:
Canadamus Prime said:
I've got one.
"Why do you keep touching me?"
Orc grunt from Warcraft III?
You're close, but no.
Um...orc grunt from Warcraft II?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
McElroy said:
3) "Then do what needs to be done. Bolster our defenses. Prepare for the attack on Pearl Harbor."
Emperor Yoshiro, Red Alert 3.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Kajin said:
"I shall wait for you in death's halls, my love."
Planescape: Torment, Deionara, when you encounter her as you leave the Mortuary.

Let's see if these aren't too obscure:

Line 1 said:
And there's the greatest triumph of all, to have compelled the one player who could choose into doing exactly what we required. Well done, faithful servant.
Line 2 said:
Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.