Can you Play Musical instruments ?

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
Not The Bees said:
Clarinet! Aaaaaaaaand, wait for it... BASS clarinet! Because I am in the cool kids club of instruments. No, don't everyone get up at once and ask for my autograph, just form a neat que and I'll get to everyone as quickly as I can. And I will sign breasts if that is wanted. I have no qualms.
Bass clarinet is my favourite instrument soooo.

Uuughhhhh it sounds so nice all the time! It has such a great range I love it!!!

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Guitar (mostly rhythm and some lead but I'm a rhythm guitarist at heart), bass guitar (multiple styles, but I refuse to use picks), piano/keyboard and assorted synthesizers and sequencers. I tried drums but my left knee is sort of a mess and doesn't want to allow my leg to keep time correctly.

Lawyer105

Apr 15, 2009
It's been a while since I was seriously active in the music scene, but I play piano, pipe organ, trumpet and violin.

I'm also a classically trained vocalist, and can get by (but am by no means an expert) on acoustic guitar, most of the recorder family and most of the classical percussion family.

I've tried (and failed miserably) to learn the flute. Perhaps I'll give cello a go next time I'm bored! :)

Tarcolt

Oct 13, 2010
Guitar teacher here, can play a bit of piano(mum was a piano teacher), not bad on other string instruments, just dont ask me to play a woodwind, that... that doesn't go well.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I'm not good at them (considering I've been out of practice for years and wasn't good at them before anyway) but I can kind of play Harmonica and drums.
I've started learning guitar and I think I'm going to have some good luck with this one.

jhelai_shao24

Oct 28, 2014
--
Well, I play Guitar since i was in high school up to now but i also want to know how to play Drums because for me it is very EXCITING..

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
Drums (my first instrument), guitar, bass, piano, and trying to learn the fife right now. It's kind of a pain in the ass.

Oh, and I sing. A LOT.

gritch

Tastes like Science!
Feb 21, 2011
I played clarinet and alto saxophone in band through middle and high school. I always wanted to play the sax but we didn't have money for it when I started so I got to learn to play with my mother's old clarinet. As embarrassing as it was it was probably for the best - clarinet I thought was harder to play and it made my transition to sax so much easier.

I played in a few solo competitions in High school and did all right. I tried to keep it up freshman year in college but classes just started taking up too much time for me. I haven't touched my sax in about 4 years. I wish I had kept with it.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Well, technically, I can play:
Guitar
Piano
Drums
French Horn
Flute
Cello
Oboe

That said, I'm not even remotely proficient with any of them. I'm even worse at reading sheet music.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Guitar, piano/keys and bongo drums... although to what extent I can 'play' that last one is debatable. If I'm being honest I would say it's more like making noise. In the past I've played violin and recorder but if you hand me one of those instruments off the cuff I wouldn't know what to do with it anymore.

TheYellowCellPhone said:
Makes me sad all these people here who haven't played instruments outside of guitar, bass guitar and percussion. There's so much cooler instruments to learn and listen to than the same three.
This is true, but the more obscure the instrument the more it becomes a) hard to find sheet music, b) hard to find a teacher, c) hard to find someone to jam with. It's all well and good being able to play the dulcimer or the didgeridoo, but if your primary motivation for learning an instrument is being able to play your favourite contemporary songs with or to other people it's not really surprising that most people opt for tubs, bass or gee-tar.

MintSM

Aug 16, 2014
I'm classically trained in piano and only piano... But thanks to the magic of MIDI keyboards, I can kinda play ever instrument ever. Kinda. Maybe. I'enno.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
I can play the drums like a ************, but I can't read music... so I'm entirely useless.

MintSM

Aug 16, 2014
Mikeyfell said:
I can play the drums like a ************, but I can't read music... so I'm entirely useless.
Aw, don't say that. :(

BTW, I don't know too much about playing drums, but I thought drums didn't really need sheet music or liner notes.

annecosta

Oct 10, 2014
Mikeyfell said:
The important is you can play drums, you know what? I want to learn how to play drums. Because as of now i can only play piano.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I'm a classical pianist, played the piano for 26 years! I've been trying to take it a lot more seriously again recently. I also played the violin in school and learned the pipe organ in high school. I played that mallet percussion stuff in the marching band but don't really count it because it's just hitting a silly piano with sticks. Also because I hated the marching band.