Canadian Military Goes Game Shopping

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
One of Many said:
Rainboq said:
Halley M said:
canadia has a military??
Yeah, we have Bill, he has a canoe and a shotgun, but no bullets, BUT WE HAVE A SHOTGUN DAMN IT!
No you don't. I stole that shotgun and the canoe yesterday.
BOLLOCKS!
AnAngryMoose said:
Rainboq said:
Andy Chalk said:
Forces Spokeswoman Capt. Sandra Bourne called the order "a strange one" and said she didn't know how much the games would cost or why the military would want them in the first place.
[HEADING=1]MORAL[/HEADING]

That's the reason, moral wins wars.

For example, in Vietnam, the only manufacturers who could produce the plastic parts necessary for the M16 on time was MATTEL, so the butt of every rifle had the Mattel logo on it, a huge blow to moral.

In WW2, the British troops carried their E-tools in two pieces, the handle on their back, the shovel sat in a pouch on their groin, which gave a huge boost to moral.
I believe the word is morale, not moral. Sorry for the nitpicking.

Thank you for the extremely interesting facts though!
O///O

Thanks for pointing that out! And I think you'll find I'm a repository of interesting but useless facts!

Robert0288

Jun 10, 2008
Whats wrong with the forces buying video games? So long as they give me one my new copy of MoH. Although I'd prefer if they gave me more ammo to shoot during training.... but still...

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Rainboq said:
One of Many said:
Rainboq said:
Halley M said:
canadia has a military??
Yeah, we have Bill, he has a canoe and a shotgun, but no bullets, BUT WE HAVE A SHOTGUN DAMN IT!
BOLLOCKS!
AnAngryMoose said:
Rainboq said:
Andy Chalk said:
Forces Spokeswoman Capt. Sandra Bourne called the order "a strange one" and said she didn't know how much the games would cost or why the military would want them in the first place.

For example, in Vietnam, the only manufacturers who could produce the plastic parts necessary for the M16 on time was MATTEL, so the butt of every rifle had the Mattel logo on it, a huge blow to moral.

In WW2, the British troops carried their E-tools in two pieces, the handle on their back, the shovel sat in a pouch on their groin, which gave a huge boost to moral.

O///O

Thanks for pointing that out! And I think you'll find I'm a repository of interesting but useless facts!
Ah, a man after my own heart. And a Canadian nonetheless!

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
"I find it wrong to have anyone, children in particular, playing the role of the Taliban. I'm sure most Canadians are uncomfortable and angry about this."
Damn children, and their M rated games!

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
omicron1 said:
I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept of "canadian" "military." The two words make sense on their own, but together...?
It's best not to think of it. Just ignore the invading forces -- eerr, uhh, I mean... Canadian Tourists. >>

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee they forgot tim hortons gift cards again ... ya gotta get a double double and tim bits for gamer fuel...

Whichi

Sep 13, 2010
Genesis_Man said:
I think Canada is going to train its military to defeat South Korea in gaming.
If you want to beat Korea (north or south) in gaming, you have to do it in Starcraft (1 or 2)

... or Pump It Up >_>

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
One of Many said:
Rainboq said:
One of Many said:
Rainboq said:
Halley M said:
canadia has a military??
BOLLOCKS!
Its true. I replaced them with cardboard cutouts. if you ask nicely, I might think about returning them.
Meh, we don't need them, no ones stupid enough to invade Canada again!

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
AnAngryMoose said:
Rainboq said:
One of Many said:
Rainboq said:
Halley M said:
canadia has a military??
BOLLOCKS!
AnAngryMoose said:
Rainboq said:
Andy Chalk said:

O///O

*chuckles* Close, but not a man!

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Rainboq said:
AnAngryMoose said:
Rainboq said:
One of Many said:
Rainboq said:
Halley M said:
canadia has a military??
BOLLOCKS!
AnAngryMoose said:
Rainboq said:
Andy Chalk said:

O///O

*chuckles* Close, but not a man!
Can't be right all the time, I suppose.

McShizzle

Jun 18, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Minister of Defense Peter MacKay joined the chorus of outrage against the game in September, saying, "I find it wrong to have anyone, children in particular, playing the role of the Taliban. I'm sure most Canadians are uncomfortable and angry about this."
A member of the Conservative Party says something completely retarded, big surprise there. Especially big surprise that it's coming from Peter MacKay cough, cough... Great to hear from someone who could very likely be Canada's next prime minister. Geez I wish Elizabeth May could've beaten that douche.