Cancel a TV show and renew another

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
Cancel:
The Mentalist
Glee
Gray's Anatomy
CSI (All of them, this series got old long time ago)
90% that Disney has been making for TV those days

Renew:
Firefly
Stargate (Both SG1 and Atlantis, Universe can stay dead were it is)
Whose line is it anyway?
Twilight Zone (Well, maybe not "renew" but a new version?)

lokialex

Oct 20, 2010
Easy, cancel one of those million god-awful reality cooking shows and renew Buffy the Vampire Slayer!!!

drh1975

Dec 8, 2010
Cancel: "Reality" TV, the Simpsons, Grey's Anatomy, Bob's Burgers, anything by Tim and Eric(Could someone tell me what's funny about them?)
Revive: Thundercats, Firefly (though some characters would have to be recast)
And what is with all the Family Guy/Cleveland Show hate? At least those shows aren't the same tired thing every week, like the Simpsons.

Karlosdj86

Sep 10, 2008
devildog1170 said:
Karlosdj86 said:
Cancel; 24, Lost, Glee, Ben 10, the simpsons, the cleveland show

Renew; Firefly, Tom and Jerry and Loony Tunes

I know there's twice as many cancelled there as renewed but then the renewed ones can be twice as long
You do know that Lost and 24 have both ended right?
i am aware of this yes, by saying cancel i would like them erased from history altogether... especially lost. I would then have no memories of the godawful 8 hour discussions i had to endure throughout my 5 day a week job

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I nearly forgot, cancel any audience baiting 'problem solving' show, like the detestable Jeremy Kyle show, where the object seems to just be, bring people in front of an audience to be hated, then question them to make people hate them more.

I know the people who go on are pretty scummy already, and usually borderline braindead with it, but they generally don't offer solutions, just a reason to hate more people. (and of course, it only ever shows poor people, because no-one rich would ever do anything bad, right?)

Bring back 'Tough Gig' a sort of reality show with some actual entertainment value.

Essentially they'd grab a comedian, and send them away for the weekend with a group of people, like surfers, or new age hippies, or fashion designers, or in Dara O Briain's case, Live role players, and then at the end of the weekend, they'd have to do a short gig to entertain them, based on their likes.

It was cancelled after three episodes, idiotically, the main problem seemingly was the editing and production, trying to make it into a 'conflict' show, because we all know you can't do reality without people hating each other. The facts were, the comedians got on with people, and the groups were happy to be treated with respect and open mindedness by an outsider.

On top of all that, the end gigs were generally pretty good too :)

I think with comedy being SO much bigger now, and live stand up being a prime time event on TV, it may do a lot better on a second series.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
MindBullets said:
Cancel: X Factor
Bring Back: Robot Wars

You know it makes sense.
Oh yes we do.

I don't really have anything I want back, but I would to see all "Reality" T.V. Shows get the bullet, as well as all Soaps.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Bigsmith said:
SenseOfTumour said:
Uber snip
OK, I just watched all three parts of that, and as a Larper I can confirm that was fantastic, I want to see moar!
If you're interested, there's another (six made, but can only find two on youtube), of Frank Skinner spending a week in a new age commune then again, having to perform in front of his peers.