Candy Crush Saga Comes Pre-Installed on Windows 10

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Does it also come with pre-installed malware while we're at it?

Exaggerating, but honestly, I fucking hate this game and its makers for that copyright claim. That and because I just find it boring and I don't need any more bloatware on Windows 10 than from what is being rumoured.

Devieus

Jul 30, 2014
MajorTomServo said:
008Zulu said:
I wonder how many hoops you will have to jump through to uninstall it.
Unlock the uninstall button for just 75 gems! ($4.99 USD)
5 easy steps to uninstall Candy Crush Saga, Windows hates this guy.

I just might actually make that 5-step program.

Dingobennyfred

Aug 28, 2013
I mean, I know this doesn't come across as well over a text format, but...

Eaughh...

It's that noise you make when you see something nasty, but aren't to the point of nausea.
You know, it's just...

Eaughw...

...I miss Minesweeper.

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
I'm actually amused at the people bitching and moaning about this. Is it really that hard to uninstall the bullshit that comes preinstalled? Have we not been doing this for literally 20+ years? Is a single game (that's proven immeasurably popular on the mobile market) really just cause to dust off the torches and pitchforks? Get a fucking grip. Y'all need some serious reality checks.

All that should matter to gamers is benchmarks. Is it faster than 8.1 (which is faster than 7 already)? Does it take up less space on a HD? Does it take up less RAM? Can the metro bullshit be completely disabled? What kind of QOL improvements are there? Even the most fervent of haters can admit how many neat features 8.1 has that 7 lacks, and 10 will likely have even more. Are we seriously going to start a hipster clubhouse where people can only run Windows 98 because gaming was underground back then? That's pretty much the vibe I'm getting from this thread.

Yeah, the game sucks. So does IE whatever they're calling IE now. So does a lot of basic shitty pre-installed software. If a single, easily uninstalled program turns you off an OS upgrade, I just have to wonder if you're the same tumblr people that walk around with trigger warning signs so you don't get offended while you're out in public (but manage to get offended anyway, because of course you do).

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Yeah..not planning on installing W10 until they drop all support for W7 just like they did for XP.

Until then..I'm fine with W7..I still got Minesweeper on this one.

PH3NOmenon

Oct 23, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
Despite all this, the game has been incredibly successful [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134934-Candy-Crush-Sagas-Q1-2014-Profits-Crush-Nintendo] and remains so to this day (seeings as it can afford to pay whatever massive lump of sum it takes to become a Windows default game).
Are we entirely sure that M$ didn't pay them for it? After all, Skinner Box Saga is hugely popular.

I'm actually surprised Windows 10 isn't going to be bundled with minecraft, seeing as how they paid two billion for it.

Gatlank

Aug 26, 2014
So what Microsoft is (indirectly) telling me is that it's better that i keep using Windows 7?

sanamia

Jul 6, 2013
Please tell me I can rip it out of the installation files...

Un-installing that junk is just an additional work step when I install Computers, that takes me extra time without gaining anything.

Sure for one PC it wouldn't be too bad to un-install it manually but at 20-30 in a week that's going to suck.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Oh... What hasn't already been said?

If this is the same micro-transaction-laden CCS that we all know and lo[ve/athe]... I've never been fond of the model, and I'm less than filled with glee that nearly every new computer will have one of the more successful/terrible examples of the model on it. Will it be tied into the Windows Store? Are we in for another slew of lawsuits when parents find their offspring have spent hundreds of dollars with credit cards that were automatically linked to the game for the sake of "convenience"?

Is Microsoft getting a cut?

All that aside, it doesn't bode well for Windows 10 and Microsoft's continued efforts to get their own share of the "app" market. Thus far, Microsoft has done a piss-poor job in supporting PC gaming. If their "clueing in" only goes so far as a willingness to glom onto the seediest and most appalling kinds of profiteering going on in the industry... I'd much rather go back to Minesweeper and Spider Solitaire, thanks.

What I most like about my PC is where it least resembles a tablet.

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
Microsoft just doesn't understand PC gamers anymore. You are better off making it free for us on the Windows App store than you are giving it to us pre-installed.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
AuronFtw said:
I'm actually amused at the people bitching and moaning about this. Is it really that hard to uninstall the bullshit that comes preinstalled? Have we not been doing this for literally 20+ years? Is a single game (that's proven immeasurably popular on the mobile market) really just cause to dust off the torches and pitchforks? Get a fucking grip. Y'all need some serious reality checks.

All that should matter to gamers is benchmarks. Is it faster than 8.1 (which is faster than 7 already)? Does it take up less space on a HD? Does it take up less RAM? Can the metro bullshit be completely disabled? What kind of QOL improvements are there? Even the most fervent of haters can admit how many neat features 8.1 has that 7 lacks, and 10 will likely have even more. Are we seriously going to start a hipster clubhouse where people can only run Windows 98 because gaming was underground back then? That's pretty much the vibe I'm getting from this thread.

Yeah, the game sucks. So does IE whatever they're calling IE now. So does a lot of basic shitty pre-installed software. If a single, easily uninstalled program turns you off an OS upgrade, I just have to wonder if you're the same tumblr people that walk around with trigger warning signs so you don't get offended while you're out in public (but manage to get offended anyway, because of course you do).
Woah, calm down there. Wouldn't want some rational sense in a thread with both Candy Crush Saga and Windows in the thread title, that's an insta-pitchforker for me.

Seriously though, I sometimes wonder why I even bother with checking the comments section on these kind of news articles...

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
NLS said:
AuronFtw said:
You're both operating under the massive assumption that it can be uninstalled. Users have been reporting that the current preview builds of 10 don't allow users to uninstall certain programs and "features", including the Xbox App. So it's not a massive leap to think that Candy Crush may be in a similar situation.

Kurt Cristal said:
Maybe they were referring to the new browser? After all, it's effectively IE under a different moniker.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Vigormortis said:
NLS said:
AuronFtw said:
You're both operating under the massive assumption that it can be uninstalled. Users have been reporting that the current preview builds of 10 don't allow users to uninstall certain programs and "features", including the Xbox App. So it's not a massive leap to think that Candy Crush may be in a similar situation.
With the anti-trust charges having expired, I'm thinking Microsoft will feel emboldened to push more of that bullshit.
We all saw what they were hoping to push with the Xbone; mandating spyware and other unwanted "features" doesn't sound all that far-fetched.

JLF

Mar 2, 2010
Bloatware on a PC? Why! I'm going to move completely over to Linux soon.