Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Mixed; I'm just... not in a celebrating mood after today."

"Yeah ... me ether really, but they seem hell bent on a party, so here we are" Rias replyed before stuffing something edible into her mouth "So ... what going on with you and William? hmm?" a sly grin on Rias face as she asked, though it was mostly to give Claire something else to think about rather then the betrayal of their home land.

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Ivaan was busily gulping down food and gulping drink as he heard Rias "no sense in starting the next leg hungry."
He raised his almost barrel-like flagon and grinned; "Aye!"
The drink was flowing, and Ivaan was taking Rias' advice, and by the time he sat back, full of exotic foods and more than a little booze, he felt that lovely kind of drunk that comes with a good feast.

His sunny disposition was made somewhat cloudy by the frequent pebble bombardment from the nearby rooftop.
Where is he getting so many pebbles from!?

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
"So ... what going on with you and William? hmm?" Rias asked; a sly grin on her face.

Claire took a sip of her drink to hide the slight blush. "Is it that obvious?" she said, knowing the answer. Of course it was obvious; they'd hardly been discrete about it. "Yeah... we kinda hit it off that night in the mostly abandoned town. It's... good." she said, not really knowing what else to say. She knew what Rias was trying to do; but that didn't stop it from working. Sometimes you have to think of the good things I guess.

"And thanks Rias. I'm glad you're still with us."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Yeah... we kinda hit it off that night in the mostly abandoned town. It's... good." Claire replied after trying to hide a slight flush of the face. "And thanks Rias. I'm glad you're still with us."

Rias smiled at that last comment, then gave Claire a hug "Like I said,I may never find the answer I'm after, but after a bit more thought, I don't think I could walk away and be ok with myself, ya know?" she said, then turned back to her plate "So you an William eh? What sparked that? I was under the impression you two where 'meh' toward each-other till recently." Rias asked, she really did wanna know how things had escalated to this point more then just using it as a distraction.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Claire returned the hug without delay, saying "Yeah; I know. Doesn't change the fact I'm happy you're here." to answer her semi-rhetorical question.

"So you an William eh? What sparked that? I was under the impression you two where 'meh' toward each-other till recently." Rias continued, though Claire sensed she didn't really want to know. "I wouldn't say "meh" - more like hate. That first night when he dragged me to the forest... well there's a reason I didn't have a working rapier in the morning. But yeah... I don't know. Something changed I guess... sometime around when we fought the mages in the forest. I don't really know; it just sort of... happened, you know?" she said, answering the question anyway because it would be rude not to.

"Anyway; I think you're right about "not walking away". We came here to do something and I'm not gonna let the chance get by - not today anyway." she said, standing up. "Whatever Embla and my parents did is for another day." she thought to herself, downing her nearly full drink in one go. "This is a party and there's no sense wasting it." she said - mostly due to the alcohol she suspected. "Care to carpe diem?" she said to Rias; intent on enjoying what was left of this celebration.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias listened to Claire's answer while she nursed a mug of ale, she'd never been a heavy drinker, and a low tolerance didn't help, but Claire's answer while not helpful to explain why they where together, wasn't unheard of and left it at that.

"Anyway; I think you're right about "not walking away". We came here to do something and I'm not gonna let the chance get by - not today anyway. Care to carpe diem?" Claire said right afterward, standing up and just throwing back her mug which was nearly full a moment ago. Rias pondered the question posed to her "I think I shall, report to the dance floor, and make every one look bad for a little while" Rias said with a wink, and light giggle before getting up "William is down at the far end with Ivaan and Karen case your wondering where he is, or have some other 'celebratory ideas' in mind" Rias said with a smirk as she headed off to the dance floor.

Rias listened to the music for a few moments, searching for its 'groove' and soon found it, and all at once, it all came back to her like she'd never left the stage and fell into a near prefect rhythm with the melody and her powers kicked in, forming a long flowing sash that wrapped around her arms and flowed like silk as she moved in the same graceful fashion that made her famous to begin with.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
The group headed out the morning after the party, with new supplies of food and medicine the group left the town with cheers behind them. As they headed to embla the wildlife didn't bother them much, most of it was heading the bodies of previously animated corpses. Number 3 followed them most of the time he stayed out of site but he would hurl a rock or insult at ivaan every once in a while. As night fell on the third day of travel the group had just arrived in embla. In the middle of the night the group was woken by two noises, one of trees falling over, less then 200m away from them, the other a heavy rhythmic thumbing coming from ivaan's tent.

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Sleep brought with it for Ivaan roiling darkness as far as the eye can see.
And, as always, the loud beating is getting worse, reaching a louder and louder volume until Ivaan's mind shakes with every thundering beat. Ivaan opens his eyes to the inky dreamscape, covering his ears as the loud thumping rolls over him like electricity, making him shake and quiver.

Staggering, Ivaan yells out in pain as he feels his ears start to bleed, a yell he makes in the waking world as well, crying out in his sleep.
Then, silence.
Ivaan slumped over in the darkness, taking deep breaths. His eyes flickered back and forth as two sources of blood red light appear on either side of him, like two ends of a long, dark tunnel.
Voices boom out from each of them, yelling, screaming threats, demanding the heart from Ivaan.
Each was a muscular figure with huge, leathery bat-like wings and long tails with a spade-like end.
One had horns the other had a smooth head. Both kept demanding the heart from ivaan as they walked towards him.

Ivaan looked around wildly, his breathing speeding up, his eyes dilating wildly as adrenaline kicked in and he became half-wild with terror, before yelling out a long, loud roar.
A roar he continued as he woke up, thrashing about in his tent.
"WROAAAAA- THE HEART- THE CREATURES THEY'RE-"
He thrashed about, still half mad with fear, and tore about in his tent, finding the pouch with the heart in it and tearing it out of the bag.
The Heart was beating so hard it was difficult to hold onto it.
He tore out of his tent and cast his eyes about wildly, searching for the creatures, his power unfurling and pumping his dread, fear and intense fight-or-flight instinct into the rest of the party, along with as much energy as he could muster.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Claire crawled free from her tent just in time to catch Ivaan's eyes before an unnatural sense of fear washed over her. She hardly registered the tree sound in her sudden state of mental anguish, but - fearing for her life as she was - she grabbed her sword and cross bow than teleported to the top of a nearby tree to watch what might unfold from a safe distance.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Karen just kinda woke up at the crashing sound, stretched, yawned looked around a bit and felt kinda, funny. It took her a moment to place the feeling, as it was one she hadn't actually felt in a long time, though was familiar with it from the looks of others, she didn't see Claire, but did see Rias, whom was looking more toward the sounds in the distance, the red mist that was her power surrounding her like a thick fog, and Ivaan who was howling about something, Karen just shrugged, unlike the rest of the group, it seemed, she knew how to control her fear and remain calm "So... Whats going on?"