Capcom announces "Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3"

Durxom

May 12, 2009
For those who don't know, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 came out around the beginning of the year. While it was praised for the return of the vs. fighter franchise, as well as keeping to the tradition of having fun and fast gameplay, it left a little bit to be desired by players.

Such complaints were the lag of characters, spectator mode, and the full fledged story mode that was promised with the game. But a while ago, a rumor was leaked saying that there was going to be a "Super" MvC3 coming out in the near future.

And here it is. Capcom has announced "Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3", which is going to be coming out in November 2011.

Another 12 characters are being added, them being Ghost Rider, Strider Hiryu, Firebrand, Hawkeye, and many others to be announced, making the roster total 50 characters in all, as well as adding spectator mode, balance patches and more DLC.

Article: Capcom Unity- Capcom announces UMvC3

So...opinions anyway?? Hype or hate?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I feel like it's just a way to trick people into buying the same game twice.
They should patch multiplayer if there are problems, not charge for it.

Evill_Bob

Nov 18, 2009
AC10 said:
That always annoyed me about fighters (and Call of Duty).

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So it's pretty much like the Super Street Fighter 4 version of it? In that case the extra stuff should be good and the characters moves at more balances.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
AC10 said:
Whats even worse is it appears as if the DLC characters will have to be bought again. I know the Tiger Woods games are bad for that. Offering the same exact course as DLC in consecutive games.

Entamrik

Aug 30, 2010
I could go on for ages about how cheap and slimy it is to just release the same game improved, forgetting the lack of features in the first one, and how genuinley pissed at this I am, but fuck it, I liked the first, so I'm buying it. Pre-owned. And selling my MvC3 to pay for it. I encourage everyone else who had MvC3 to do the same, see if we send a message

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Wait, so it's the same engine, game and characters?
But with a few new fighters, and a online mode.... for full price?

Ahahahhaaaa... no.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
and this can't be DLC because....?
seriously, Capcom is really a moneygrabbing kid when it goes about their series that make money. and the fact is taht the orginal still wsa a unfinished game. yeah, the gamelay was alright but EVERYTHING else was half-assed.

this is just sad capcom, just sad. but the saddest thing is that they will get money of it... D:

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Well, the price of the original is going to plummet.
Still, shame on you Capcom; it hasn't even been a year and you're already milking your biggest seller.

Durxom

May 12, 2009
Ranorak said:

Ahahahhaaaa... no.
Its getting the same expansion price that SSF4 got, $40.

And its a fighting game update...meaning new characters, new stages, balance tweaks and updates, online updates and other things.

I don't understand why people get mad at this...you are buying more content =/

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
This, dear readers, is why I avoid fighting games.

If I buy from you again Capcom, it will be pre-owned.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
New fighters?!

Did they add Phoenix Wri- aww damn it... Well Capcom looks like you're still not getting my money.

Nice to see that Capcom is still in the business of having truly idiotic ideas and then deciding to see them through... Rather than say, insta-fire the man who came up with this idea in the first place

xNightxSpawnx

Aug 30, 2010
I really hope they make the patches and characters available for DLC. I don't want to buy the game all over again, but I probably will if it is not available for DLC. Damn you Capcom for making such a fun fighting game.

FangShadow

Feb 18, 2009
Durxom said:
Ranorak said:

Ahahahhaaaa... no.
Its getting the same expansion price that SSF4 got, $40.

And its a fighting game update...meaning new characters, new stages, balance tweaks and updates, online updates and other things.

I don't understand why people get mad at this...you are buying more content =/
I believe many people are getting pissed because all this time Capcom was talking about adding dlc to the game and are wondering why the new characters and stages couldn't be dlc update.

As for the balance updates and the spectator mode, those could have just been normal update that could have been applied.

I won't lie. This does feels a bit like a slap in the face seeing as the original game hasn't been out that long.

that said, the gameplay I have seen makes me want to play the game again.

On another note, one of the new stages is the megaman legends stage covered in snow and shut down...considering the mml3 was cancelled this week, I feel the morbidity of that.

EDIT: seeing the new leaked character list, I have more urge to want this game....vergil, frank west, Iron fist, Phoenix Wright...

That said, I'm not without my critics...Rocket Raccoon I think could be replaced with someone like black widow or wasp (going on the whole avengers thing as well as my unfamiliarity with the property) and I think Nova could be replaced by ms.marvel without too much trouble. Let the ladies cause some damage.

Also...firebrand should just be replaced with megaman...preferably X or volnutt (especially since they canceled MML3, this coming from someone who prefers the X and battle network series and isn't a super hardcore megaman fan)

Entamrik

Aug 30, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
Did they add Phoenix Wri- aww damn it... Well Capcom looks like you're still not getting my money.
I can't believe this Is the comment I say this to but... You're being too harsh on Capcom XD
How's he supposed to fight, Sue them for assault?!?

Telekinesis

Apr 26, 2008
http://static.capcom.com/character_api/umvc3/profile/vergil.png
http://static.capcom.com/character_api/umvc3/profile/phoenix-wright.png
http://static.capcom.com/character_api/umvc3/profile/frank.png
http://static.capcom.com/character_api/umvc3/profile/doctor-strange.png

Sup kids?

Incidentally, Nemesis, Nova, Iron Fist and Rocket Raccoon were confirmed as well.

Yeah... that's, huh, not exactly getting me to buy this, with all due respect to Phoenix Wright.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
Ranorak said:

Ahahahhaaaa... no.
Did you read the article that article in the first post?
"Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 releases this November for $39.99."

Same as Super Street Fighter 4.
It's basically an expansion pack, so obviously it will use the same engine and keep the old characters.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
As a Marvel fan, I'll give them bonus points for the name. Also, Hawkeye, yey :D

That said, this "Super Fighting Game" trend is starting to worry me. Why are they charging fans extra for features that could have been there from the start, and why are they essentially getting charged to beta test the game? :-/

Oct 30, 2010
I have no opinion, since I don't own MvC3. But Hawkeye shooting Ant-Man on an arrow is super cool.

Rocket Raccoon

Holy shit. I haven't bought a fighting game in 7-8 years, but that just made a sale.