Capcom Taps WayForward To Revive DuckTales

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Capcom and Disney did some amazing work in the NES/SNES days, and Ducktales is one of the best of the best, despite having some weird gameplay elements. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on both this and the DnD arcade game rereleases. My only hope for the Ducktales remaster is that it includes the original game and an option to switch to the original soundtrack at any time.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
U guise. Dat trailer. Dat trailer u guise.

Seriously, that was a freaking great trailer. We need a poll in this topic seeing how many people actually DID sing along (I did).

I'll admit, I haven't played the original Ducktales game, but I'm super stoked for this. I've got alot of fond memories of Ducktales. And this looks like an extremely solid platformer.

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
Ducks...yes ducks in outer space....from the disney afternoon, to the MOOOOOOOONNNNN!

DocMcCray

Oct 14, 2010
Kheapathic said:
See Capcom, this is why no one likes you. You have rights to so many games and what do you decide to push... Duck Tails? Really? While I did enjoy the game, try pushing something else out.
I believe you may be outnumbered on this one.

But seriously, Capcom is constantly pushing out old licenses and very rarely have they paid off.

For example(s):
Bionic Commando reboot = bomb
BC Rearmed = Did well
BC Rearmed 2 = Bomb
Ghost and Goblins = Maximo series...didn't do so well.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Hot damn it's great to see an old great game finally coming back after all these years =D.

I also think this needs a link because that Moon level.

Sucks about PC people not getting the game but then again PC gamers have games us console players don't have so I'd call that fair.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
...oh dear. It appears that I will have to explain why there's a rainbow patch of vomit on the carpet to my landlord...

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
major_chaos said:
YESSSSSS. When it comes to 2D, it doesn't get much better than Wayforward. To this day I'm hoping for a Sigma Star Saga sequel that is probably never going to happen, but in the meantime everyone needs to get their ass on greenlight and vote for Shantae so those of us lacking in the "owns a 3DS" category can get in on the fun.
you silly poster you.

you can get Shantae on the DSi as well.

and yes, I voted for it on green light >.> cause I will totally buy it a third time

Jeff Gibson

May 6, 2010
Uratoh said:
Ducks...yes ducks in outer space....from the disney afternoon, to the MOOOOOOOONNNNN!
Wait Uncle Scrooge, you need a suit out there,

How are you alive? (How are you alive?!)

You need heat, (You need heat!)

Also air. (Also air!)

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Lunar Templar said:
you silly poster you.

b...b.. but I don't have one of those either >_> DS lite 4 eva (mostly because I'm broke, stupid expensive concert addiction )

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I sang along until my foreign born wife started getting really concerned for my sanity.

derring dooooo
derring do

dooooooo

moon level

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Every time someone says DuckTales, someone, somewhere, begins singing the theme song. This game will drive millions to begin bursting out in song on the street, garnering strange looks from those passing them by. Yeah, here's to this game being good, hopefully.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Oh, god, that song, it is my head! DX

It will never leave! It will take me months to free my mind of that addictive theme!

Why?

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
major_chaos said:
Lunar Templar said:
you silly poster you.

b...b.. but I don't have one of those either >_> DS lite 4 eva (mostly because I'm broke, stupid expensive concert addiction )
I'd think a DSi would be kinda cheap now what with the 3DS being out an all.

ether way Shantae was a lot of fun and it needs to be on steam.

so any body else reading this, go vote for it :D

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
:This comes from someone who REALLY wants it on PC:

A PC release is not gonna happen folks. Wayforward does not make their titles for PC and haven't since 2001. The only title they made since then with a PC release is Barbie and the Three Musketeers.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Best non-Nintendo NES cart of all time. ALL TIME. And they're bringing it back? Give me the Brain's impersonation of Orson Welles' "YES!!!"