Capcom Won't Let Inafune Finish Mega Man Projects

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
you mean resident evil that sucked after 4 because the creator left because capcom started going against his wishes? or dead rising "we'll charge you for the demo" dead rising? and hows that reception for the new dante going?

it wasnt here, the cancellation was the #1 tweeted subject in japan. and trust me, i know you like your street fighter but would you like it if they started cancelling street fighters left and right? cause when people are sick of fighters guess whats going to go first in capcoms eyes? and the people that were upset about this games cancellation will go "where was our support over MML3 being cancelled? oh wait, you were too busy telling us to stop caring about a game you didnt like while jacking off to a game that was announced 5 months after its beta and you werent getting compensated for buying the original or its DLC"

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
RaikuFA said:
you mean resident evil that sucked after 4 because the creator left because capcom started going against his wishes?
I myself enjoyed the co-op of Resi 5 (although the story sucked).
or dead rising "we'll charge you for the demo" dead rising?
So, mini game prequel with 4 hours worth gameplay = demo? Nice logic.

and hows that reception for the new dante going?
Most people I know are actually giving the new DMC a fair chance. If you're gauging online reations you should take fanboy rage into account espically given that there has been little gameplay footage.
it wasnt here, the cancellation was the #1 tweeted subject in japan.
I was looking at these forums, but thanks for the correction there.
and trust me, i know you like your street fighter but would you like it if they started cancelling street fighters left and right? cause when people are sick of fighters guess whats going to go first in capcoms eyes?
I love how you automatically assume I am a SF fanboy (I myself prefer King of Fighters 98 and CVS2). Also there was a time when Street Fighter died out, remember SFIII? I genuinely don't care about SF at the moment, I just love pointing out the hypocrisy of these recent rants against Capcom. Playing Devil's Advocate is fun!

and the people that were upset about this games cancellation will go "where was our support over MML3 being cancelled? oh wait, you were too busy telling us to stop caring about a game you didnt like while jacking off to a game that was announced 5 months after its beta and you werent getting compensated for buying the original or its DLC"
Again, the assumption that I am a rabid fanboy based on how I am willing to moderately defend a company in a discussion, and I shall quote myself:

Myself said:
Also given how he was asking a company long criticised even by himself for making too many sequels to make a SEQUEL TO A FRANCHISE WITH OVER A HUNDRED GAMES.
I love the MegaMan games, but I can't really get pissed off when they decide to can a game due to negative previews and the failure of a console.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
your avatar does not help that cause and i wasnt direction the mvc wanking to you, its to people who are going "it deserved yp be cancelled because its not street fighter."

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
RaikuFA said:
your avatar does not help that cause and i wasnt direction the mvc wanking to you
Then you should clarify your posts a little. (Also, I consider UMVC3 to be not that bad when you look at it as an expansion).

its to people who are going "it deserved yp be cancelled because its not street fighter."
They my friend are idiots, I'd have pinned the cancellation of Legends and Universe on the failure of the 3DS and negative previews respecively.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
actually legends 3 got positive reviews from the playtesters

unless youre talking about universe. and theres 5 games i want coming out exclusive for the 3ds and i own 6, which is more than when i got the ds. i only had castlevania and nintendogs(which was bundled with it) for a few months before partners in time came out. so in my eyes it tripped really bad at the start but is slowly yet surely picking itself up

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
RaikuFA said:
actually legends 3 got positive reviews from the playtesters

unless youre talking about universe.
I was talking about Universe in relation to the previews.

and theres 5 games i want coming out exclusive for the 3ds and i own 6, which is more than when i got the ds. i only had castlevania and nintendogs(which was bundled with it) for a few months before partners in time came out. so in my eyes it tripped really bad at the start but is slowly yet surely picking itself up
Well then I honestly don't know what to say, I myself can't see them cancelling MML3 just to get at the fanbase, there's probably a more sane explanation.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Ninjamedic said:
They my friend are idiots, I'd have pinned the cancellation of Legends and Universe on the failure of the 3DS and negative previews respecively.
universe was probably canceled due to negative previews, but if MML3 was canceled because of people's idiotic reactions to the 3DS...then it wouldn't make sense for CAPCOM to have Monster Hunter 4 on the 3DS. The lynchpin for why Universe and MML3 were canceled is simple: because Inafune pulled a David O. Russell hissy fit and walked off sit RIGHT in the middle of production. His comments about CAPCOM just come off like a guy trying to dodge his guilt. Plus, in all honesty, Mega Man isn't really as popular as he once was despite the well-designed/received Mega Man 9 and 10.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I've suspected Megaman was dead when Inafune basically told Capcom "I'm leaving, and fuck you." with about that degree of tact too. It was a very...forceful display of rudeness in the Japanese business world; Inafune was burning bridges, and burnin' them bright.
Suspected it for MONTHS now. Today, I see that I am sadly proven correct.

After that, it's not surprising that Capcom doesn't want to continue working on Inafune's franchises, nor let him continue working on them himself. Perhaps it's not good business practice (Megaman is still a valuable franchise), but that's what Capcom's going with for now.

Pity too; Megaman Legends 3 would have breathed some badly-needed life into the 3DS.