Capcom's Adorable Okamiden God-Puppy Charms the West in 2011

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Capcom's Adorable Okamiden God-Puppy Charms the West in 2011

Okami [http://www.amazon.com/Okami-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000Z9A95M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278528618&sr=1-1] fans rejoice: Capcom is bringing its puppy-sized DS sequel to the West in 2011. Commence squealing over its protagonist, the adorable baby wolf-god Chibiterasu, in 5, 4, 3, 2... now.

[gametrailers=64637]

It's no secret that we here at Chez Escape are looking forward to Capcom's handheld Okamiden for two reasons: One, Okami was one of the late gems of the last console generation, and more Okami is awesome. Two, it stars an adorable magical puppy! Dammit, what more do you want?!

While there were already hints that we might be getting Okamiden here in the West [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98467-Okamiden-Trademarked-in-North-America-Europe], there wasn't anything official - until now, that is. Capcom has officially announced that Okamiden is slated to hit North America and Europe, but it won't be until 2011.

Or, to quote the press release:

[blockquote]Taking place many months after the events of Okami, Okamiden follows the adventures of Chibiterasu - a young sun god who is summoned to protect and restore the land. Armed with a majestic celestial brush and a vibrant cast of partners with unique powers and abilities, this little god is ready to make its mark on the world. Okamiden is headed to the Nintendo DS in 2011.[/blockquote]

Most adorable main character in a game ever made? I think so.

Aww, who's a cute little sun god savior of the world? You are, yes you are!

Dec 14, 2009
Awwww fuck yeah! This will be a day one purchase for me. Okami was utter brilliance. Okamiden has freakin' puppies!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Awwwww. So cute!!!!!

Loves the first game so I am glad we are getting the DS version... So adoreable!

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
Very yes. Okami was one of my favorite games for my ps2.

And yes, a new console sequel would be awesome as well

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Bob Ross has come to us in the form of a Japanese sun god.

I do wonder if you'll be able to actually draw something in the game and not just use the brush for messing around inside the game.

GiantRedButton

Mar 30, 2009
Instead of the magestic amaterusa a clumsy puppy, whatever an okami sequel is great.
especially since the studio closed, i really didnt expect it :)

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
Armored Prayer said:
Daawww its so adorable.

I demand they make Okami puppy plushhies. I'd totally by one.
I second this, but add in some chibi ninetails plushies as well

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
NNNYYYYYAAAAAAAWWWWW
I still need to finish regular Okami, actually. I should get around to that sometime.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
It seems Chibiterasu is the new Laser Cat. I wonder if

Kratos from God of War will appear to decapitate him near the end.

Although, I do not like the side-kick.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't be happier over the news, and Chibiterasu is an adorable name for an adorable wolf cub^-^

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Armored Prayer said:
Daawww its so adorable.

I demand they make Okami puppy plushhies. I'd totally by one.
I would pass out from the utter adorability. And then I would buy, like, five of them.