Captain America Movie Will Have Musical Numbers

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
Jesus fucking Christ, I don't understand people. I never will.

I can understand if you make a movie/book/game and it's bad and people don't like it. You did your best, and it just wasn't good. It happens. But it is NOT hard to avoid making stupid decisions that guarantee your product will suck. THIS is a horrendously stupid decision. How could you possibly think anyone would see that in a film and think "Yeah, this is pretty cool"?

I'm not even a Captain America fan and this makes me rage.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I cannot agree with this madness at all. There's a limit to how much you can twist something from the source material to adapt it to the screen: and this has gone over it.

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
Oh we just spent millions of dollars and sacrificed scientists and soldiers to create the Ultimate Super Soldier.

"But there's only one of him!"

"OK let's put him in the support troops as an entertainer"

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
is it wrong that i can see the logic in the storyline. Imagine public moral if a national symbol was killed by the russians.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
[HEADING=1]WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT IN THE FLYING HOLY FUCK
IS GOING ON WITH THIS SHIT[/HEADING]

Everything good that happened in the aughts for superhero movies is lined up to be undone, by shit like this and the Spiderman reboot.

We lived in a special time, people. A time when our myths were taken seriously and made into epic tales of gravitas and import. Now it looks like they are quickly on their way back to the Hollywood ghetto. Fucking sad. I'm drunk. Pardon me if this seems to be an incredibly pompous post.

Window459

Sep 29, 2009
if memory serves me right he started out as just a mascot to help with war effort and then became the badass on the front so it could work but it has to be greatly done and could either be a good part or something that kills the movie,...we can only hope its the former.

pumasuit

Aug 7, 2009
This is sick. Directors of comic book movies should hire dramturgists, people who do all the research necessary for a role, so that they will never have to worry about mashing something good to small bits ever again.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
If they think Cap's costume deserves a really odd justification, how the hell are they going to handle Thor?

Cap should be shoving his shield up nazi ass, not singing and dancing around like he's got a crush on Vanessa Hudgens.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
no no no no no no god damnit no!

Maybe in a aquaman movie, pull some finding nemo crap, but not the Capt!

Superhyperactiveman

Jul 23, 2009

What the Hell!?!

"Well, Rodgers, the drug we've injected you with has given you strength, speed, and agility beyond any human limitation. You are, at this moment, the world's ultimate killing machine... Now, here's your top hat and dance belt..."

Yes, I know what a dance belt is. Shut up...

I mean, come on... Captain America's always been pretty corny, but... Honestly... I mean, lately Marvel's been doing a lot to make him seem pretty bad-ass... I mean, the Ultimate Avengers movie... the line about France and his mask... Leading an army of superheroes against the govt. (Terrible though the game itself may have been, that was pretty awesome of Cap...) And now this?

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
Wait, didn't at least HALf of you guys read the article? Let me quote the article just in case you guys missed it;

""After he's made into this super-soldier, they decide they can't send him into combat and risk him getting killed. He's the only one and they can't make more."""

Do you have any idea how much this line alone is a ******* oxymoron!!?? Captain America HIMSELF was made for the whole purpose of fighting in WWII BECAUSE America was really freakin desperate to win the war. He was America's "Ace" to win the war. Now the moving is going to say, "Captain, you are to uber, even though we are contradicting your very purpose in creating you, your not going to the war after all"

WTF is wrong with this picture!?

That is like we made the stealth bomber, than decided not to use it after all after the 1st one is created. Really!? This has NOTHING to do with disney, this has EVERYTHING to do with ***** writing and directing.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
A writer that avoids the source material is dooming the movie.

Also, they make a super soldier and don't use him to fight? Terrible.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
elvor0 said:
They should've just gone with the whole Stasis thing with the red skull, there problem solved. Either way Captain America is always going to be a bit cheesy, "Come on team, lets make this world safe for democracy!" Springs to mind.
Well... except that Captain has been known to turn on the american government when he sees it doing something unjust, and unconstitutional... like say... during the civil war. So... actually, after a while the jingoistic quality to the costume tends to be ironic.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I...err...wu...What the fuck?!

This sounds aweful! Like really, really aweful, like up there with Troll 2, Batman and Robin and "GARBAGE DAY!"

And seriously, I really don't see the problem here. JUST CHANGE THE FUCKING COSTUME! Your not only creating a problem where there isn't none, your coming up with the most dumb arse solution I have ever heard.

[spoiler/] [img/]http://www.stardestroyer.net/Armour/UltimateCap.jpg[/img]
Ultimate Captain America has pretty much solved the problem for you. [/spoiler]

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
elvor0 said:
They should've just gone with the whole Stasis thing with the red skull, there problem solved. Either way Captain America is always going to be a bit cheesy, "Come on team, lets make this world safe for democracy!" Springs to mind.
"...By supporting dictators who are friendly to us or whom we control. YEEEHAWW!" no, wait, thats Captian Texas. Nevermind.

Anywho, they could do the music numbers if they made him as hilarously awesome as Dr Horribles Sing-Along blog

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Why still call the movie Captain America then? Instead you should call it "Disney presents this and you will like it because we are Disney and we rule the world"