Captain America Movie Will Have Musical Numbers

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Therumancer said:
However right now being a nationalist American is wrong, heck they even turned GI Joe into a multinational unit... and it bloody stands for "General Issue American" and was also intended to be highly nationalistic. Sheesh.
It's actually based on Action Force, which was GI Joe, but without the fucking awful opening theme song and multinational dubbing. I understand that they kept the name GI Joe because most non-Americans who care know Action Force is also GI Joe but the reverse is not true.

Therumancer said:
If they have problem with Jingoism they shouldn't be making a Captain America movie at all.
Sadly, they have to so they can make the Avengers movie. If they keep to Iron Man's level of "America stands for freedom! It's a parallel universe, so it could be true here!" rather than an all-out "AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!" which should probably be kept for parody purposes only, then it might actually do alright in the international market, rather than bombing and becoming a cult classic which the rest of the world laughs at.

Then again, this is all a bit crap because even the Avengers are "America's Superheroes". I wish they'd done Nextwave : Agents of H.A.T.E. :(

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
OK, I'll admit Wolverine's costume would have really silly on screen but why change Captain America's? Its not any odder than Spiderman or the Fantastic Four.

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
I need to post a picture in a spoiler, quick, tell me how.
EDIT: Never mind, I found it in the help section.

Space Cowgirl

Oct 21, 2009
WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN! Hollywood just had a Failgasm right there. This is another reason why I rarely go to see movies anymore.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Wait, so they make a supersoldier, and then hang on to it as if it's the collector's edition and use him for USO shows? OKAY, that's one movie I'm definitely not going to see.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Hmm fireworks, tassels, star spangled spandex, and a highschool musical USO rendition of Springsteens "Born in the USA" God save us all.

TheSpider

Jan 28, 2010
God Damn It.

This could of really been a good movie, but now...I've lost what little faith I had.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Musicals aside, the way the producers explained that part of the story sounded like a 5 year old making up a story for superman

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
This really isn't fair, this genuinely saddens me.

Looking at this rationally, it kind of makes sense, yeah, I can see the government using him for propaganda, definitely. And touring with the USO to inspire the troops and be a sort of traveling asskicker who pulls into the base, kills all the Nazis in the area, and then leaves makes sense.
But DANCING? Yikes. Yes Cap is supposed to inspire the troops but turning him into a goddamn entertainer? That's retarded. Cap is a soldier, that's his backstory, that's how he acts, he's a no holes barred kick-ass soldier, yes he's idealistic and shit but he's still a massive badass.
Also, Cap doesn't need to go AWOL, I know it's the trend in action movies for the hero to go against orders and head off to kill the bad guys on their own, but Cap is supposed to be a soldier who does what he's told because he's facing some truly evil people.
He's supposed to be a through and through hero who's down in the trenches fighting alongside the troops and knows them on a first name basis, he's a consummate hero, this is just stupid.
Cap sounds like he's going to at least start the movie as a total pansy and spend a good deal of it being terrified by the horrors of war and generally being useless. This is as stupid as the idea of Cap being black.

I also just look up Joe Johnston's directing career (here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Johnston Disregard the first few movies on the list, the movies he's actually directed are about halfway down the list.) and holy shit am I worried that this movie will be bad.

Obligatory joke: Movie Cap sounds FABULOUS!

What exactly is so wrong with either of these costumes that the entire first part of the movie must be centered (basically) around why Captain America has it?

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I've never liked Captain America; his patriotism made him hard to relate to.
But this... this is wrong.
Just... no.

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
WHAT

THE

FUCKING

FUCK

BULLSHIT!!!!

i mean really, what kind of hollywood executive fucking RETARD thought this was a good idea? fuck him, and may his penis be chewed apart by rabid squirrels whilst his body is simultaniously being eternally tortured and destroyed by lovecraftian horrors that would make hitler, genghis khan, and satan cringe for eternity. just... RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHAETGASFDJNB:KBDNGPIBKNADPGNV BSWBIKNSPBFINBFONAPFNRMVAZPOVAPRN DVoandrvgpbn aebinarDPIBNVaourbd vgpwkng'oAJDbgapskbfdPSkgfnSobgEOPS{GVHADGNVADIPBFBGABDFSDKPVZBAPPGPPIADGPBJDGSPBJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!