Captain America Movie Will Have Musical Numbers

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
I'm withholding judgment because I've enjoyed the last few Marvel movies and I'm hoping that they continue the trend, but...well, this makes me cringe a little bit.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Well, the Reds finally won out after all, didn't they?

Well, you won't have me! Better dead than red!

Premonition

Jan 25, 2010
MattRooney06 said:
Sev said:
This can only be justified if Michael C. Hall is Captain America. (COUGHgamerCOUGH)
he is a great actor but can you really see him as captain america?!?!?!
Jooooooooke. Seriously, I keep explaining to people here that it's just a joke xD

Hallow'sEve

Sep 4, 2008
FUCK YES!! XD
I'd totally pay to see Capt. America singing "I'm Super! Thanks for asking!" with a line up of soldiers on the Normandy Beach

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
Khitten said:
Poor Stan Lee would roll over in his grave.
If he wasn't still alive. Are you thinking of Jack Kirby, perhaps?

I've found that the random scraps of info dropped without context into discussions in newspaper articles sometimes tend towards purposefully driving fans of the property into apoplectic rage, either to get the buzz going again (all publicity is good publicity, so the story goes) or just for a laugh. I always reserve judgement until a comic-based film comes out because I know full well I'm going to see it anyway.

That said, I still haven't seen Elektra, Catwoman, Sin City or 300. I guess I'm just not that big a fan of Frank Millar, or of shit.

-Nick

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
As long as he punches Hitler in the face, I'm cool with it.

Besides, it can't be nearly as bad as the Reb Brown movies.

Postman667

Sep 29, 2009
This is proof positive why you don't let Hollywood make movies based on comics. They all have to put there own spin and "interpretation" into the film. I want to weep, but there wouldn't be enough tears.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
You know, I actually liked that one Captain America movie where Red Skull plays the piano and stuff. The one they used to show over and over on WB.

I have to admit, I don't know much about Cap. Infact, my knowlege extends to that awsome side scrolling beat'em up with the avengers back in like...94, and the game that wasn't as cool for the NES. Oh, and of course Marvel vs Capcom.

My mom wouldn't let me read Marvel growing up, but I had read a little bit about him and while Cap wasn't my favorite, I did like him. I was kind of waiting for the movie, what with the way Marvel was treating thier movies. "ah, at last," I said,"They've got the reigns, they're gonna do these things right!" ...and then they do this. :(

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Well so much for going and seeing that movie, and I was so happy when I heard about it, can someone point me to the director and writer so I cant kill them please?

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Brad Shepard said:
no no no no no no god damnit no!

Maybe in a aquaman movie, pull some finding nemo crap, but not the Capt!
I would be fucking funny in an aquaman movie, since no one take him seriously anyway.

But captain America? Hell no......

GreyFox389

Oct 19, 2009
I'm thinking of it like a scene from the Wrestler.

All those scenes with all the cheesy crap made the scenes afterwards where he was sitting in the locker room much better.

Zioalca

Apr 14, 2009
First and foremost, Captain America isn't "cheesy". He represents the ideals that most people forget built this country. He represents the most virtuous of American ideals, you know, the stuff they try to teach you in grade school, THE SHIT YOU FORGOT ABOUT AS YOU GREW UP INTO ADULTS!!!!!! As for the costume, Joe Johnston, YOU ARE A F**KING IDIOT!!!!!! WHY IN THE BLUE HELL WOULD YOU HAVE TO FIND A REASON TO EXPLAIN THE WAY HIS COSTUME LOOK? HE'S CAPTAIN "F**KING" AMERICA!!!!!! OF COURSE HIS COSTUME IS GOING TO RESEMBLE A FLAG!!!!!! AND HE DOESN'T NEED A REASON TO EXPLAIN THAT, IT'S F**KING OBVIOUS!!!!!! One last note, is it really that hard to make a adaptation that is faithful to the Comic Book? I mean, can anyone answer this for me? I'm a writer, and let me tell all of you, IT'S NOT THAT DAMN DIFFICULT!!!!!! SO WHY ARE THESE DIP-WEEDS MAKING SUCH A GOD-DAMN MESS OF THINGS?!!!!!!