Captain Planet Getting Live Action Movie...

All Hail Lelouch

Feb 5, 2010
Thats right, apparantly Captain Planet is getting his own live action movie. I remember the Captain from my Childhood and all, but i feel that that is where this show should have stayed. Back when it was a cartoon. Back with He-Man and Thundercats.

Source:http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/07/19/captain-planet-movie/

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot believe this is happening!

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
It wasn't even that good a cartoon. I can't imagine it making a good movie.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I'll say the only thing that can be said in times like this...

God help us all.

xxmyhero64xx

May 25, 2011
After seeing movies based off of the Smurfs and Underdog. I'm going to say that Hollywood has NO morals and will leave no stone unturned.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
What bloody hell point does this serve? What message, besides for the hardcore environmentalist kids, can this possibly convey to the modern day public?

This. This shows that we are officially out of ideas in the world of moviemaking.

Semudara

Oct 6, 2010
Wow, that article talks about a SERIES of films. I don't know about that, but if this film takes a somewhat more serious approach, it COULD kinda work. Call me a crazy optimist.

Still, for me, Bhargo will always be the only live-action Ma-Ti. HEART!!

FanboyInDisguise

Dec 8, 2007
Considering it's being proposed by the producers of Transformers (you know, the one that said "you probably won't like whatever we do with Transformers after Michael Bay 'cause it won't be all about Transformers..." {paraphrase}) I'm not too excited.

But hell I'll probably see it anyway...>.<

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
But we already have the power of Heart in live action!

...Anyone want to start a petition to get Bhargo in this shit?

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I hope it's a gritty re-imagining of the characters as they reunite the team years after failing in their mission. Image seeing Kwami working as a doctor in africa when a guerilla group comes to steal his medicine, he uses his ring to sink them and their technicals under the grond.

Feb 9, 2011
Oh, man...Now I have the theme song instantly stuck in my head. I really don't see this being a very good movie. It might be hilariously bad though.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
By your powers combined, I am...

CAPTAAAAAAAIIIIIIN PLANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOH!!!

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
He-Man got a movie though...and it blew ass. I'd like them to try again and stick to the material this time. It could work.

But Captain Planet? He has a green mullet. And a villain named Hoggish Greedly. This is NOT A GOOD IDEA.

I understand the marketability of these IP's now that the kids have grown up, but honestly Captain Planet wasn't that great. Barely passable in fact. If I had to make a cartoon from that era into a movie I'd go with Bots Master. Haha...Ninjzz...