Cardboard Tube Samurai To Appear In Tekken 6

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Cardboard Tube Samurai To Appear In Tekken 6

Could Gabe and Tycho's yellow-clad, tube-wielding warrior be making an appearance in the next Tekken game?

The daimyo's orders were simple; stop 'him' from entering Yoshida Castle. As a lone figure came over the brow of the hill, Takahiro allowed himself a small smile. Dispatching the ronin dog would be simple, no single warrior was a match for fifty of the daimyo's fiercest samurai.

The yellow-clad wanderer paused as he saw Takahiro and his men, pushing his wide brimmed hat up just a fraction of an inch and looked from man to man. The scrape of metal rang out as the warriors drew their blades. Wordlessly, the traveler pulled his own weapon from his belt, its long, wide blade casting a long shadow in the fading light, and darted forward to attack.

Yeah ok, that was a little overwrought, but it set the right mood. Regular readers of Penny Arcade [http://www.penny-arcade.com/] will be familiar with Gabe's alter-ego, The Cardboard Tube Samurai, but for those who don't read it, here's an update for you both.

The tube made its first appearance in October 2002 [http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/10/30/], but it wasn't until the following January [http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/1/15/] that the CTS made his first appearance. Since then, the CTS, amongst other characters, has popped up when Penny Arcade's creators fancied doing something a little different.

Different like, oh I don't know, appearing in Tekken 6 say? The image to the right was posted on the official Tekken 6 Twitter [http://twitter.com/tekkenbob] feed, and although the face is obscured, that Pac-Man gi is a dead giveaway. It seems pretty genuine, we're a long way from April and the tweet mentioned something that they 'couldn't talk about yet'. Looks like it's not just Soul Calibur that has guest characters anymore.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5298095/cardboard-tube-samurai-coming-to-tekken-6]

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Ahahaha awesome stuff. Go Go Tekken. Fake or not thats an awesome shot.

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
seems very awesome indeed i was thinking about gtting tekken 6 i just hope its as good as number 4 was.

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Sweet. The best part is it doesn't feel TOO out of place, you know, like...
Tekken 6 currently features a morbidly obese individual, a kangaroo, two giant robots, a demon, a panda, a grizzly, a wooden doll, and whatever the hell Yoshimitsu is. What the hell would feel out of place?
A normal person?

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Sweet. The best part is it doesn't feel TOO out of place, you know, like...
Tekken 6 currently features a morbidly obese individual, a kangaroo, two giant robots, a demon, a panda, a grizzly, a wooden doll, and whatever the hell Yoshimitsu is. What the hell would feel out of place?
Those that you listed don't wear clothes?

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I approve of this news. In a common theme, my interest in Tekken 6 has just increased drastically on this basis!

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
wicced466 said:
hey at least its better then the little dragon thing in tekken 3
even though he was awesome ^^
Gon was a guest appearance, he's actually a manga character. He was really cheap in Tekken 3, though! Friggin' short-ass dinosaur.

Actual Charlie Nash

Jul 9, 2008
EcoEclipse said:
wicced466 said:
Gon was a guest appearance, he's actually a manga character. He was really cheap in Tekken 3, though! Friggin' short-ass dinosaur.
does he pass gas a lot in the manga like he did in tekken?

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
wicced466 said:
EcoEclipse said:
wicced466 said:
does he pass gas a lot in the manga like he did in tekken?
I dunno, never got to read it. (Japanese only)

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I never even thought of putting that character in a fighting game, but what else would you do with such a character, now that I think about it?

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Just a shame that Tekken is such a garbage frat-boy fighting game. I'd be more interested to see him in an actual fighting game.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Just a shame that Tekken is such a garbage frat-boy fighting game. I'd be more interested to see him in an actual fighting game.
I fail to see why people diss Tekken for being a "frat-boy" fighter. I like it. Better than SoulCalibur: that stuff is WAAAAAAY too complicated.

I look forward to beating people down with my tubes.