Carrie Fisher Confirms Star Wars Cast Reunion In Episode VII

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
Seracen said:
I fear for this film. No offense to the actors, but nobody wants to see aged Luke, Han, and Leia in leading roles (unless it's Han's protracted barfight with Bobba Fett). They really should have stayed in the side role.

As for a send off, they already got a proper one, you can't get much more saccharine sweet than Return of the Jedi's ending. I'm actually happy that this will be new content, not based on the novels. However, I must admit a little sadness at not seeing a film version of Mara Jade (which, let's face it, we'd only want to see going up against young Luke anyways).
This.

After watching Karen Allen in the latest Indy, I'm definitely not keen on seeing any more of my childhood heroes play a ragged shell of their former selves. I could stand having them featured in some small roles to have some continuity, but then again, like you said we already had a the best possible send off for these characters in Episode VI. Why mess with it? Playing on nostalgia doesn't work when the actors have aged to the point where they look like your grandparents. It takes the magic out of it, it becomes awkward and FORCED.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
I am going to go against the status quo here and say that I DO want to see Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie. And this is coming from a huge, huge, huuuuuge Star Wars fan going all the way back to May 25th, 1977. The only thing really upsetting me so far and that I take as sacrilege, is their decision to move the movie to Christmas time. This is one of the movies that created summer blockbusters, and should never have been moved from the summer lineup. That part will never sit well with me. Besides, camping out in front of a theater is going to suck in wintertime.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Also, they are still going with the plan that these main characters will usher in a new host of characters for the movie, I just take from this that they arent going to rush it. And guess what? They SHOULDNT. Personally, I am just hoping for a good movie that will erase the prequels. If they can do that, I think most people would be very happy.