Cartoon Network Draws On Comic Fans With DC Nation

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
I've actually been rewatching the Justice League cartoon recently.

Also, why does the GL one have to be shitty 90's 3D? Blarg... I guess it could still be good. Maybe.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Wait, that Plastic Man cartoon...I remember seeing that. It was hilarious. And you're telling me it's going to be on TV?

IT IS GOOD DAY TO BE GIANT MAN. Execept Giant Man, because he's a Marvel character.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Irridium said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Terminate421 said:
Re-run the old Teen Titans from 2003. Chibi shorts don't count.
That and Birds of Prey.

Then Justice League.

Oh, and put all the Marvel stuff on Nickleodeon.
Also Batman: The Animated Series.

That show kicked all kinds of ass.
its on the hub now along with GI joe(origenal airs at night along with transformers)and batman beyond.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Those shorts look like they could also become the basis of new programming similar to what they did in the 1990s with shows such as Dexter's Lab and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I'd like to see at least a pilot short of this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106879-Trashed-Batman-Cartoon-Made-Joker-a-Psychotic-Teen].

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Actually those Plastic Man shorts are brand new, but they use the designs from the pilot. In addition to the Teen Titans, Lego Batman, and Plastic Man shorts there are also going to be these series of shorts: Aardman Animations' Batman, Lauren Faust's My Super Best Friends, and Doom Patrol. The block is confirmed to only showcase the following three shows at the moment though: Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Young Justice: Invasion (The second season of the excellent new show), and Beware the Batman (This won't premiere until late next year though, and like the previous two DC shows, it'll most likely just be a sneak peak).

At some point I'm guessing they'll show some of that Blue Beetle live-action footage as well as some behind the scenes stuff for the cartoons and comics. I hope the block expands to show some of the older DC shows and movies. However, for those of you wanting their classic DC fix, Teen Titans is on Boomerang and Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond are on The Hub. Most of Marvel's cartoons are on Disney XD, but a couple of the newer ones are on Nicktoons. Yeah, I follow superhero cartoons way too closely...

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
ImSkeletor said:
Terminate421 said:
That and Birds of Prey.

Then Justice League.

Or you know Disney. Because Disney owns Marvel and has already released several Marvel shows.
I'm thinking the Disney stuff will go on the Disney Channel.

Also
Daaaaaaw, that pics so sweet /)^3^(\ and DEM SHORTS LOOK SO AWESOME!!!

I grew up on CN and I loved Teen Titans but its hard to trust CN again after what they did to Toonami... *sniff* I... It still hurts... ya know? *sniff*

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Cartoon Network are showing Cartoons again?

And GOOD ones?

It's not April 1st, is it?
Where you been guy, CN only show cartoons... at least here in the UK they do. Adventure Time & Regular Show marathons are on every day, ITS AWESOME!!! Misadventures of Flapjack, Chowder and The Amazing World of Gumball are all on inbetween and they even re-run Samurai Jack really late at night sometimes. Seriously CN braught its game back from their early 2000's experiments with all those stupid 80's "tubular" real people shows.

Oh and Boomerang show MLP:FiM in the morning /)^3^(\

Apr 28, 2008
ecoho said:
Irridium said:
Terminate421 said:
That and Birds of Prey.

Then Justice League.

its on the hub now along with GI joe(origenal airs at night along with transformers)and batman beyond.
I know. But more channels airing it is only a good thing.
PunkRex said:

And GOOD ones?

Where you been guy, CN only show cartoons... at least here in the UK they do. Adventure Time & Regular Show marathons are on every day, ITS AWESOME!!! Misadventures of Flapjack, Chowder and The Amazing World of Gumball are all on inbetween and they even re-run Samurai Jack really late at night sometimes. Seriously CN braught its game back from their early 2000's experiments with all those stupid 80's "tubular" real people shows.
...those live-action shows are still showing in the states. And they're debuting a new live-action movie. Why the hell are they being so awesome to you?!

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Ryan McGrath said:
Now bring back Toonami and all will be forgiven CN.
DON'T SAY SUCH THINGS!!! We must remember it how it was less they defile its glorious memory with their filthy mortal hands... *sniff* you'll make me cry...

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Irridium said:
ecoho said:
Irridium said:
Terminate421 said:
That and Birds of Prey.

Then Justice League.

I know. But more channels airing it is only a good thing.
PunkRex said:

And GOOD ones?

...those live-action shows are still showing in the states. And they're debuting a new live-action movie. Why the hell are they being so awesome to you?!
Aaaaaaw guy... I am so sorry.

ROBO_LEADER

Nov 5, 2007
Oh man, all it took was "Cartoon Network" and DC in the same headline and all I can think about was the last season of Justice League Unlimited. DAMN that was a good show.

More shows focusing on The Question, please!

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
I just watched the Plastic Man pilot. Now that was funny. I'm really glad they are bringing it back.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While I know it's a short but I glad to see the Teen Titans being revive one way or another. Sure they're chibli but they look the same and it seen they are still using the same voice actors.
I looking forward to seeing the rest of the shows (and FYI the new Green Lantern show is actually good despite being CGI).

Aug 25, 2009
Teen Titans is back!

I know I should be far too mature for this and I should also be excited by some of the other shows that are on offer but Teen Titans is Back!

Aside from Batman the Animated Series, TT was perhaps my favourite cartoon ever. I still watch it!

Bring on the Tiny Titans.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I... I saw... Teen Titans...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OhmygodtheyevenbroughtbacktheoldvoiceactorsIcantwaitImusthaveitnowohmygodohmygodohmy--*explode*

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
awesome now all they have to do is bring back all the old DC cartoons and make a Power Girl cartoon and a new Teen Titans and I'll start watching CN again