Cartoon that was canceled you wish hadn't been.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Everyone has that one Cartoon/TV Show that was canceled because of well what ever. What's yours?

Mine was Batman Beyond (Batman of the future), I remember seeing previews for it on TV and was like man that's gonna suck but really it was awesome and surprisingly mature for a cartoon show and it avoided all those terrible side kicks batman tends to get stuck with in TV shows. Plus Old Bruce Wayne was awesome.

Not to mention Batman beyond had a pretty interesting rogue's gallery. It was nice to see some original villains and a new take on some old ones.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Oh hell yes, Batman Beyond was awesome.

I wish Freakazoid hadn't been cancelled. Its random humor and breaking the fourth wall was right up my alley. I haven't laughed so hard watching a cartoon since the classic Looney Tunes from the 40's and 50's.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Invader Zim. Such a shame that Nikelodeon screwed up with a uniquely dark cartoon with a lot of potential. That there was a third season and a movie planned and partially complete before the cancellation is just a big slap in the face.

Sigh...missed opportunities.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Transformers Animated. Time Squad.

I like it when cartoons get to the magical 65 episodes number. That means the writers have written a semi coherent story that is not rushed out of the gate.

Aug 25, 2009
Kim Possible
Teen Titans

Kim Possible I'm kind of on the fence about, because it did end it quite anice way, the traditional finishing at High School Graduation thing, but I always wonder what competent writers could have done with college-age Kim. There are some pretty decent fanfics covering it but they always have the sense of the authorial brush instead of the original creator brush.

Teen Titans just annoys me. It got screwed over, ending the way it did. There was no resolution to any of the big issues, turning the final ending into kind of a downer, and a really disappointing last episode as well. The last episode literally feels like the beginning of a new season instead of the end of the old one, and there were so many possibilities. For one thing, they never did a Starfire intensive season, which would really have rounded out the theme they had going. And even besides that, it was awesome!

zaheela

Oct 8, 2010
I'm going to have to echo Samurai Jack, but I can see a problem with that. Who could they get to replace Mako (the voice of Aku, and iroh from the first two seasons)?

LawlessSquirrel said:
Invader Zim. Such a shame that Nikelodeon screwed up with a uniquely dark cartoon with a lot of potential. That there was a third season and a movie planned and partially complete before the cancellation is just a big slap in the face.

Because of the...em..tiff between Nickolodeon and the creator of Invader Zim, I'm pretty sure we'll never see the series continued due to bad blood.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
LawlessSquirrel said:

I forgot invader zim, I never saw it when it originally aired but I remember a friend having them on bootleg dvd in college they were great.

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
Anyone here familiar with the Dilbert show? It was actually really well thought out. The episodes go over intellectual theories in a more...comedic sense. Like how Dilbert wonders who decides what constitutes as 'art', and designs a simple picture of a blue duck's silhouette to prove his theory, which becomes so popular that it destroys the art industry. Or how Dilbert creates a race of sentient super-beings capable of solving all the world's problems, which everyone hates because they look like flies.

Hell, there's even an episode where Dilbert and company invent a co-worker on which to pile their work, but their imaginary co-worker recieves heaps of praise and actually rises above his creators.The fake co-worker's name is Todd. At one point in the show they saw the phrase "There is no Todd". So yes, this show has an episode about what it means to be religious and the theory of a near-omnipotent being as a creation of man.

All in all, it recieved much more effort than was probably necessary, which is commendable.

Plus the theme song is kickass:

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
Sonic SatAM. It was so good, and I can't get enough of it.

Sonic underground admittedly wasn't the best of shows, but they could have at least given it an ending.