CD Projekt Aims to Refresh the Cyberpunk Setting

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Imagine they defy all expectation and it turns out the protagonist is the half-naked chick with those scythes!!

Sushewakka

Jul 4, 2011
Sack of Cheese said:
Imagine they defy all expectation and it turns out the protagonist is the half-naked chick with those scythes!!
Well... considering the focus on Max-Tac squad, and the hints that she joins said body, even if she's not the protagonist, it looks like she'll be a party member (if there is a party).

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Looking closer at the pic I do like the fact it looks like she has scars on her legs. That's pretty cool.
She seems to have ridges along all of her body from the other pictures and the trailer:

I am wondering if the ridges are where the mechanised parts begin, or if they are supposed to be purely design based.

I haven't played the Witcher, but one of the things that put me off the most is that they seemed to go down the "teenage version of maturity" rather than the more serious way. That is, cramming as much "blood, swearing and boobs" into it as possible.

I love the cyberpunk genre, so I am hoping that a good game based around it will be released.

Moonlight Butterfly said:
Fair enough. I just hope they give her some clothes in the final version.
I imagine they will. I suspect that the scene from the trailer (which the image is taken from) would be something along the lines of her killing somebody in a home/hotel room and her being chased to where she is (the middle of a street), or something like that.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Hammeroj said:
From what I remember, the player character won't be preset and will be customizable, including genders, so that alone rules this chick out. It's more than reasonable to expect her to appear in the game, though.
Ooookay, that just went from "slightly interesting" into "super interesting"!!! I wonder if we can his/her customise cybernetic body parts too?

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Considering everyone here has been saying it's going to be a cyberpunk adventure in the land of religion. I'm going to say probably not... However I predict that something cult mechanicus will have come along by 2077, so... whatever.

Well I'm expecting excellence from cdprojekt, and if anyone can "refresh" the setting, they probably can.
Or atleast make a damned good game in the process.

Sushewakka

Jul 4, 2011
Hammeroj said:
Sack of Cheese said:
From what I remember, the player character won't be preset and will be customizable, including genders, so that alone rules this chick out. It's more than reasonable to expect her to appear in the game, though.
Can you give a source on this? This is very interesting information, if true.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Hammeroj said:
Legion said:
I haven't played the Witcher, but one of the things that put me off the most is that they seemed to go down the "teenage version of dark and gritty" rather than the more serious way. That is, "blood, swearing and boobs".
Did you really say that blood, swearing and boobs are a teenage version of dark and gritty? As opposed to what? People being puritanical, bloodless and kissing with clothes on for sex?
Perhaps I wrote it poorly.

I meant that their idea of being dark and gritty is just ramping those three up to maximum. More blood, swearing and sex doesn't make it more adult just by having as much of it as possible. Using those things well is more important.

Reading the part you quoted, I really did do a poor job of saying what I meant, I shall go and edit it.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
If Corrupt Megacorporations are the primary requirement for cyberpunk, cyberpunk may have become passe as a genre simply because we're living it.

Still, mark me curious to see what CD Projekt will do with the license.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Hammeroj said:
Basically, what I see here is you making a whole bunch of unfounded and ridiculous assertions about the game and its developer stemming solely from the fact that there's tits, and characters swear. Without having played the game, basing your entire opinion of them on what it "seemed" like to you from whatever you saw or heard of the game, and without a smudge of context. No offense, but I think you're one of the people who have kneejerk reactions to this game and will go judging it and its developers based on those kneejerk reactions.

I'd love to be proven wrong on this, and I'm not saying sarcastically.
Well knee-jerk suggests a level of emotional attachment to me. I'd say that I considered getting the game, heard all these things people said and thought "whatever" and forgot about it. I haven't really made any judgement on the game other than it seems a little off-putting.

I am not the kind of person to judge developers on the types of games they make, only their business practices. If people like that sort of game, then who am I to say they are doing anything wrong.

I can see you like the game a lot, but I am honestly not "attacking" it, I will openly admit I haven't given it a chance. I am merely giving the opinion that from what I have seen and heard, it doesn't seem to deal with topics the way I like, and that I hope Cyberpunk 2077 does.