Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis
Sgt. Slaughter
Hawk from the Road Warriors
Prince
Vince Vaughn
Rachael Leigh Cook

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
i dont think u can call him a celebrity, but 1 of my friends dad won european Silver back in the 80´s.

NeoDeath90

Feb 11, 2009
Albert Fish was a resident of one of the suburbs in my town. It was where he was apprehended. Lincondale NY. He was then taken to White Planes and then executed in Ossining.

EDIT: He actually used a house in Lincondale to commit the murders that got him executed. Still though,an interesting little tidbit!

Oh, who's Albert Fish, you ask?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Fish

He's a bit of an odd one, so proceed with caution.

FeralPhantom

Apr 5, 2009
The guy who made the Hubble Telescope grew up in my hometown, the damn elementary schools force fed us that fact until 6th grade

Odude

Jan 28, 2009
I live in Orange County... so yeah, a whole lot. Listing 'em all would take all night.

white_salad

Aug 24, 2008
MC hammer used to live about 20 minutes away from me. It was awesome. Bout an hour hike and you could be at his gate. And a very very large amount of rappers were born about 30 minutes from here, in Oakland. So...yea.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Norman Wisdom.

If you haven't heard of him, you most likely aren't even as near as bitchin' as he is.

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
Jason Schmidt (Dodgers) and Jeff Baily (Red Sox)

Other than that there was the guy that invented the Aerocar (a car that you could put wings on to make fly)

ExodusinFlames

Apr 19, 2009
Paul Beeston - Former president of Major League Baseball
Chris Haney - Co-inventor of "Trivial Pursuit" board game
Amy Ciupak Lalonde - Tv show: Sophie and Diary of the Dead
Tammy Plante - Playboy Playmate

There are a whole tonne more, but ... being copypastah feels like no fun at 4:30 AM

Are we able to steal from the immediate regions nearby without crossing regional/county boundries? Cause if so, there are some semi good ones around here.

atv_chic_18

Feb 15, 2009
vdgmprgrmr said:
My mother and sister live in the same town in which a famous person still lives, and I live about twenty miles from there.

Unfortunately, it's not someone cool. It's a country singer...

There's no cool people in Oklahoma, man...
Ah the Oklahoma Sooners, you forgot Shannon Miller, Bart Connor, Christian Kane, Brad Pitt (yes he grew up in Oklahoma and still has family there and visits there.), Garth Brooks and Reba McEntyre, All American Rejects, Flaming Lips, Hinder, several other bands.

I have a relative who went to school with mr brooks, and a friend who used to see reba a lot, I've been to Bart's gym before and a former friend of mine bumped into one of the guys from hinder at okc's guitar center.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
* John James Audubon, ornithologist (spent several years in Henderson in the 1810s)
* Sam Ball, Former NFL player
* Stephen Bardo, former NBA player
* John J. Becker, composer
* Teddy Darby, blues musician
* John Lloyd Dorsey, Jr., former member, United States House of Representatives
* Joey Goebel, author
* Gregg Hale, film producer, Blair Witch Project
* W.C. Handy, blues legend (spent about a decade in Henderson)
* General Adam "Stovepipe" Johnson, Confederate general during the American Civil War
* Kristen Johnson, former Miss Kentucky USA
* Grandpa Jones, Louis Marshall "Grandpa" Jones, banjo player, comedian, born in Henderson County
* Kasper from the K, rapper
* Husband E. Kimmel, commander of the U.S. Pacific Fleet during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor
* Darrell A. Posey, anthropologist, ethnobiologist
* Lazarus W. Powell, former governor of Kentucky
* Ann Rutledge, Abraham Lincoln's first love, was born just outside of Henderson
* Ingram Crockett, poet and journalist

...Yeah.. Yay, we must have success in the fucking water out here.

A banjo picker and a fucking bird watcher.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
i'm at Exeter University and J.K Rowling (who wrote Harry Potter) and Will Young (a singer) also came here.