Lemme see... Google Fu go...

Tim Allen
Douglas Fairbanks
Some Toymaker named Ruth Handler
And a conductor by the name of Paul Whiteman

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Ctrl-Alt-Elite said:
John Logie Beard from Helensburgh Scotland... he invented the TV... beat that!
...erm...I'm from Hastings and we sort of stole your claim to John Logie Beard...sorry, we know it belongs to you really...

Oh and on a more legitimate note we have the comedian Jo Brand.

kelnadine

May 18, 2008
Well...nobody famous has come from my hometown, but Kurt Cobain came from the neighboring town not far away. That almost counts.

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
Hm, This was not in my town, but in my Fathers. I live on Cape Cod, and my father grew up on the same street as Amy Jo Johnson, most commonly known as Kimberly, the Pink Power Ranger.

My Father is also friends with Neal Mcdounough, the actor who played the villan in the remake of Walking Tall and has a role on Desperate Housewives.

killgannon

Jan 19, 2009
Captain E.J. Smith the captain of the titanic, Reginald Mitchell the designer of the spitfire, Robbie Williams the smug pop star and i know Slash from Guns'n'Roses grew up around here but i think he was born somewhere else.. that's all i know.

Xaositect

Mar 6, 2008
Not a person, but I think you could safely say Rare comes from my hometown, as the two brothers who are most responsible owned a place here which grew into Rare.

My brother actually did some tree work for their parents I believe.

spyrewolf

Jan 7, 2009
Brett & jermaine flight of the conchords (wellington NZ) & a sought of famous director peter jackson

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
Jason Schmidt (think he still plays for the giants)and David Ritchie (won a pair of super bowl rings with Denver in the 90's) both went to my high school.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
If by town you actually mean town, as opposed to a city (in which case London wouldn't count) then no, there have been no famous people born from my hometown as far as I can tell...

My towns only claim to fame is being "The Canal Capital of Scotland" :p

Ctrl-Alt-Elite said:
Perhaps we need a "what great inventions has your country, ahem, invented?" topic. In response to which we Scots can proudly say "everything!" :D

Bob Saget

Jul 24, 2008
The only ones that I know about are Mary Lynn Rajskub, who plays Chloe on 24. And voiced the character in the game. I feel kinda embarrassed for that now... But she's been in other stuff, like Zelmina from Dude, Where's My Car? and Janet from Firewall.

JJ Putz was also from here. He played for the Seattle Mariners baseball team and currently the New York Mets.

rdaleric

Jan 22, 2009
Steve Coogan, Anna Friel, Bill Oddie, Colin baker the Poet Byron and Gracie Bloody Fields. If you have never heard her awful pre WW2 singing your lucky

jbonkerz

Oct 24, 2008
We have had a few famous people who were from here.
Tie Domi, Ed Jovanovski, Bob Probert, The Tea Party (Jeff Burrows, Stuart Chatwood, Jeff Martin), Shania Twain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor_Ontario#Famous_people

Ctrl-Alt-Elite

Jan 22, 2009
MarsProbe said:
If by town you actually mean town, as opposed to a city (in which case London wouldn't count) then no, there have been no famous people born from my hometown as far as I can tell...

My towns only claim to fame is being "The Canal Capital of Scotland" :p

Ctrl-Alt-Elite said:
Perhaps we need a "what great inventions has your country, ahem, invented?" topic. In response to which we Scots can proudly say "everything!" :D
Hell yea! looks like we got a Kirkintiloch guy here (probably spellt it wrong) my uncle stays near there :) and as for the post which i strongly agree with we can also make one called "Country with most fame STOLEN" :D dam english / american lol

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Ctrl-Alt-Elite said:
Hell yea! looks like we got a Kirkintiloch guy here (probably spellt it wrong) my uncle stays near there :) and as for the post which i strongly agree with we can also make one called "Country with most fame STOLEN" :D dam english / american lol
You missed out an "l", but besides that, you got it...:p Anyway, I guess they had to think of something to subtitle the place. Kirkie isn't exactly renowned for it's nightlife after all...:p

Jamanticus

Sep 7, 2008
stormcaller said:
I'm from my hometown.
Heavens, you don't say?

Anyway, my hometown has no famous people to its name as of yet....It's a tiny little place- I think only around 1800 people in total, which is rather minuscule.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I believe Roger Moore came from Shipley Glen or 'up the road' as mum calls it.
Patrick Stuart lives in West Yorkshire, but I'm not sure where.
My boyfriend has met him and shook his hand.
I'd shout, "HAVE MY BABIES!" but that's just me...

EDIT: Okay, according to Wiki, Roger was born in London, but I think he must have lived in Shipley Glen at one point. Or perhaps mum was lying to me, or maybe she meant someone else.

ViolentlyHappy91

Kerrick of Long Service
Apr 16, 2009
Geoffrey Rush was born in my town...for more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_notable_people_from_Toowoomba,_Queensland