Celebrity deaths: Who is next?

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
After Robin William's sudden death, I got to thinking, who is next?

Now, I'm not crass enough to be asking who is next in line for dying, but since Robin's death hit me harder than I can rationalize for any person I've never met or would have ever met, I'm wondering who is the next greatest celebrity in my life that will hit me hard when he or she is gone. Really, I didn't even know I cared about Robin as much as I did until he was gone, so any mental preparedness for the inevitable is always a good idea in my book.

How about the rest of you? Who is the most important celebrity to you that you will miss dearly when they are gone?

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
I'm going to be more torn up than I logically should be when these two older gentlement eventually go, which hopefully won't be for a long time yet.

1. Adam West, I worshiped his Batman as a toddler and from everything I've seen since he's a pretty funny and cool dude.

2. George Takei is like the wonderful grandpa the LGBT community never knew it needed. He's inspired a lot of people with good humor and a refreshing optimism about the future. Plus he helped bring racial diversity to television on Star Trek in the 1960s, so that's cool.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
In the end none of them. I can't imagine getting bent out of shape because someone I don't know died. A lot of these celebritys are about as removed form me as Zeus was form a Greek farmer in your average Greek myth. I mean both of them might try to bang my neighbors wife but that's about it. (that really happened)

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
I'm going to have to agree with Takei. He's a god damn human treasure.

In the same vein, Patrick Stewert would be a blow. I'm a huge fan of him, and not just of his Star Trek work.

Most of all, though, I'm just glad Betty White is immortal. It would break my heart if she wasn't.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Eddie the head said:
In the end none of them. I can't imagine getting bent out of shape because someone I don't know died. A lot of these celebritys are about as removed form me as Zeus was form a Greek farmer in your average Greek myth. I mean both of them might try to bang my neighbors wife but that's about it. (that really happened)
Yeah, pretty much this. I can't imagine myself getting too bent out of shape over a celebrity dying, even if it's one that I like. I don't actually know any of them, and they don't know me, so why should I care about them when our lives are so far removed from each other? The most any celebrity death gets from me is "well that's unfortunate" and then I move on.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Ratty said:
I'm going to be more torn up than I logically should be when these two older gentlement eventually go, which hopefully won't be for a long time yet.

1. Adam West, I worshiped his Batman as a toddler and from everything I've seen since he's a pretty funny and cool dude.

2. George Takei is like the wonderful grandpa the LGBT community never knew it needed. He's inspired a lot of people with good humor and a refreshing optimism about the future. Plus he helped bring racial diversity to television on Star Trek in the 1960s, so that's cool.
Funny you should mention George, because I was going to say Patrick Stewart. I avoid putting my opinion in the OP so as not to color anyone's choice when coming up for a response.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Okay, I'll put down Anthony Hopkins. Can't beat Hannibal Lecter.

God if Morgan Freeman dies anytime soon, I will riot.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
AccursedTheory said:
Most of all, though, I'm just glad Betty White is immortal. It would break my heart if she wasn't.
This line made me jumpier than I'd like to admit. D:

OT: HARRISON FORD PLS DON'T GO PLS ;_____;

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Sean Connery and Alex Trebek. They'll die in glorious mortal combat from their wounds and go out in style, as it should be, Connery atop Trebek's mother and Alex remaining Seanny Boy's *****. (yes I realize SNL is comedy...)

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
I would say George R. R. R. Martin, but I'd find the drama among the GoT book readers too funny to really be upset about it for too long.

So I'll say Rebecca Sugar, because the unexpected death of a relatively young woman who ceaselessly makes this world a little more magical [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT13ijUfSts] is more tragic than a bunch of irrelevant old dudes.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I'd say Ozzy, but that S.O.B. is probably immortal given the cocktail of drugs he did during the 80s...never mind the other decades.

Maybe we'll get 'lucky' and it will be one of the 'cancers' on society like Jenny 'Science is Evil' McCarthy or Micheal 'Let Me REAP Your Childhood' Bay.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I don't think age will factor in to the next celeb death. I'll take; Young female with an OD. As for who, either Kristen Stewart or Megan Fox.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I hate to say it, but Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner don't have a lot of life left in them. It will be a sad day when these two giants leave us.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Clint Eastwood. This guy was one of my heroes as a kid and (to me) was the very definition of a man. Even now he's capable of producing some great movies (and acting in some of them). Even though I don't agree with some of his opinions I still respect the hell out of the man and I will be very sad when he passes on.

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
Tanis said:
I'd say Ozzy, but that S.O.B. is probably immortal given the cocktail of drugs he did during the 80s...never mind the other decades.
Well he is Immortal. Don't you remember, his DNA says he is part Neanderthal. Obviously that means he's been living as long as then. He just hides his immortality better than Keanu and Nicolas Cage by becoming really ugly (I still think he looks cool though...) to throw off suspicion.

I put my bet on a musician though. Probably right after I get into them(To date: Dimebag, Gary Moore then Dio). So since I just got into Symphony X, my bet is Michael Romeo.
[sub]Seriously, if we lose Ozzy, I might cry[/sub]