Changing my name (Yes I'm serious)

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Whatislove said:
Lol, I kind of appreciate how mad you are about something that affects you in exactly zero ways.

Don't forget to message me when you blow a vein in your forehead from getting fuming angry for seemingly no reason :)
Oh I'm not mad mr 'Sith lord' (but I'm not so sure about you) as I said go for it mate. XD

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
lax4life said:
Having your last name be the world tree would be pretty badass. So you should totally go with Ygddrasil, and have the first name be Oglaf.

Also, there is almost no chance that this is actually legit. I mean even if I decided I wanted to change my name to something absolutely idiotic and ridiculous I sure as hell wouldn't let strangers on the internet do it for me.
I'm not really letting the internet choose my name, if that were the case I would have said "Escapist, make me a badass name".

I am giving the internet a choice from 5 names that I have a chosen specifically out of over 200 candidates.

Longstreet said:
Well, if you must do it, do it right.

1) Prince Vegeta. Because you can introduce yourself as Price.
2) Mithos Yggdrasill. Because it's the most fucked up name of the bunch, like i said, do it right.

Do I even NEED to remind you that you damn sure need to post proof after you have done it.
I'll be getting a new driver's license the day I get the change of name certificate. Proof will be provided :D

fezzthemonk said:
Mithos Yggdrasill is the only name you will ever need. Anyone who tells you different should go home, as they are obviously drunk.
I like you, I think that's the first legit vote for the name I like the most :p

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
MarsAtlas said:
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

This is a bad joke. Please don't legally change your name because you think it'll be a funny joke or something like that. Seriously. If you wouldn't identify yourself with it, why in the world would you ever legally change your name to it? The only other option I can see besides it being a terrible joke with future consequences is that you're trying to evade the government. Not only that, its sort of a slap in the face for people who change their names for more important reasons than "for the luls".
Who said it's "for the luls"?

I think I've already said multiple times all these names mean something to me

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
verdant monkai said:
Whatislove said:
Lol, I kind of appreciate how mad you are about something that affects you in exactly zero ways.

Don't forget to message me when you blow a vein in your forehead from getting fuming angry for seemingly no reason :)
Oh I'm not mad mr 'Sith lord' (but I'm not so sure about you) as I said go for it mate. XD
lol, ok so if you're not mad then you are just needlessly aggressive?

verdant monkai said:
The Tales of series are my favourite Jrpg's, but mixing them with Star Wars is a horrible idea.

You know what? Just go for it. Name yourself Darth Cruxas, it would actually suit a guy like you.

Dont forget to message me to tell me how it works out for you.
I didn't know Darth 'Cruxas' was the name of successful 23 year olds that own their own home and have a job that pays $120,000+ after bonuses but if that is true then I guess it would suit a guy like me.

I'll message you right now if you like.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
theguitarhero6 said:
Siefer Alamasy
Legato Kaiba
Also, if I can get a little personal, what's so bad about "James"?
Not so much James as it is that combined with my last name.

James isn't so bad and in casual social situations I would likely still use it after the change.

Though James is fairly common and boring - I have always wanted to change it, my mum used to tell me the funny story of when I asked her (when I was 3) why she named me such a stupid name lol.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Whatislove said:
verdant monkai said:
Whatislove said:

lol, ok so if you're not mad then you are just needlessly aggressive?

verdant monkai said:
The Tales of series are my favourite Jrpg's, but mixing them with Star Wars is a horrible idea.

You know what? Just go for it. Name yourself Darth Cruxas, it would actually suit a guy like you.

Dont forget to message me to tell me how it works out for you.
I didn't know Darth 'Cruxas' was the name of successful 23 year olds that own their own home and have a job that pays $120,000+ after bonuses but if that is true then I guess it would suit a guy like me.

I'll message you right now if you like.
It is quite clear you are the one getting angry by keeping up with the justifications, and claims you are successful. I don't know if you are half as successful as you claim. Someone who wishes to be successful in any business does not make themselves a target for ridicule.

You see you know that you are the one getting angry. Because you know the names are odd and you just want yo be helped. I started this conversation with the best of intentions, I think you are worth my time and need my help. So please message me and we'll talk this over.

But as I said GO FOR IT :) if it makes you happy mate.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
I know this seems like a good idea, and congratz on having job security and a good job but think a bit about how this will affect your daily life.

If i had a friend change their name to "yggdrassil" (yeah i love tales but i cant fucking spell that shit and nor can anyone else) id refuse to call them it. Ever. Theyd still be their original name. Theres changing your name and taking the piss and i cant say id bother changing my habits whatsoever.

1. You would have to spell your lengthy name out EVERY DAMN TIME to even remotely get them to spell it.

2. A LOT of people will accuse you of taking the piss and not believe your name is that. People dont react kindly to
feeling they are being lied to.

3. I wouldnt use the new name. I wonder if your friends would?

4. Things like taking a delivery and signing off at work become hard and rediculous, i triple sign about 5 documents a day that my manager will directly review, and MANY beside that. I know it seems fun now but id become a little pissed i i had to continuously read "yggdrallis" over and over and over and over printed on my companies documents.

5. Giving out your name casually in a public space WILL be awkward. I know it seems fun to tell one close friend with a planned introduction but being suddenly thrust into a group and having to say "Im mithos yggdrassil" will make a seriously bad first impression, or an awkward one. This isnt your fault. Its just gonna be super awkward. See point 2.

6. I hate a lot of the things i liked 4 years ago. I got sick of them. I suddenly realised they were good but not THAT great. I moved on and changed. Course you can change it back in 3 months. But hearing a reference over and over again makes it stale and you start to hate it. The cake is a lie? Hahahahahaha... in 3 months you might decide perhaps the name is intensely annoying.

That said Siefer isnt a bad name. Id avoid anything with titles. No one is going to use a title because it sounds like a grab for respect. And people are very likely to disrespect someone who attempts to garner respect by forcing an honorific title. Even if thats nor your intention. Go for Siefer.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
ninjaRiv said:
I can't give you any opinion on the actual names. I guess Vegetta is pretty cool, but none of them sound awesome to me. That's assuming you're not joking, of course. But hey, if you are serious then cool.

But people here seem to forget you can just change it back if you regret it. I honestly don't know why they give a fuck. I mean, they're right when they say employment and love life will be horrible for ya, but still.
I think I understand it. After reading into it, it seems likely that he just wants to enjoy filling out forms with his new name, but at first glance, it looked like he wass planning a desperate grab for attention that says, "Look at me! Check out my nerd cred!" On the internet, trying too hard to stand out (emphasis on "trying") does not sit well with most people.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
1) Prince Vegeta
2) Darth Cruxis

These 2 would be great. If you were my friend I would certainly ask you about people's power levels all the time :)

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
C'mon dude. You know you want Vegeta Yggdrasill.

Like, seriously. It combines your two favourite options into one elegant whole. DOOO EEET.

Also:

Captcha, I love you. Don't let the bastards grind you down, you're a good man.

Hypno-Sheep

Jan 25, 2012
I would go for Siefer Almasy simply because of the final fantasy connection. You sound super determined about this so good luck with your choice.

if I were to change my name I would go for roland deschain from the dark tower series because of how much i love his character and also because roland still sounds pretty normal.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
This is a great idea!
You should go with Prince Vegeta, or Darth Vegeta! They're strong, manly names of manliness.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Whatislove said:
I was set on Prince Vegeta for months and then instead of rethinking "No, I shouldn't change my name to that" it was a "But I also really want to be XXXX" - It's kind of like being at a store and wanting to get your 5 favourite chocolate bars but only being able to afford one, no matter what the decision you are still going to like it but you need just a little nudge to make that decision
Why not just have a bunch of middle names and double-barreled surnames? eg

Vegeta Legato Mythos Almasy-Cruxis

You can have them all if you want.

eBusiness

Sep 19, 2012
It should be possible to put a pop culture reference in your name without ending up with something so blatant.

For instance using the name of a place as family name is quite common. Modify that rule a little and you can choose the name of a fictional place.

James Coruscant

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Obviously you can do whatever you want... but seriously this sounds like something a five year old would want to do.

You should keep a real name, and a surname that indicates your family. That's my vote.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
As heartbreaking and hilarious your life will be, you'll be kicking yourself picking something from an anime.

5. Move to Norway and start a metal band for bonus points.