Character blocked

Oct 9, 2009
Have you ever been BANNED from a character/weapon during your life as a gamer. Is it cuz you mastered said character or weapon? or were you cheap?

I have been banned from specific characters in games plenty of times.

In samurai showdown I was banned from Ukyo Tachibana,http://media.strategywiki.org/images/1/10/SS_Ukyo.png I was untouchable with this character. Me and three of my friends played, and the only person who could knock me down was my friend playing gen-en shiranui http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/samuraishodown/genan.jpg Anyways, the banned me from that character for the night.

Killer Instinct, I was banned from spinal,

and in Bond Nightfire, i was banned from the sniper rifle.

I've been threatened that I would be banned from certain characters from Mortal Kombat and in reponce i would pull out sektor and do his locking missiles over and OVER and over http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXTa2BqfubM look at them and go, are you SURE you want to ban me from that character. (subzero, kabal, and a few others)

So what have you been banned from?

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I have never been banned, for I am a good boy :D

Oh wait, I was banned from an Internet Café... for being a little loud twice while playing L4D with my equally loud friends. Seriously, I was the only one who had to leave, and the guy was really hostile.

When you play L4D, there is a law that allows you to scream "Tank" god dammit! At least I think there is...

This-is-Hip-Hop

Feb 21, 2009
Talim from Soul Caliber, mostly because its the only character in which that I memorized the combos for, and what said combos did.

-This-is-Hip-Hop

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
This-is-Hip-Hop said:
Talim from Soul Caliber, mostly because its the only character in which that I memorized the combos for, and what said combos did.

-This-is-Hip-Hop
Thanks for letting me know you wrote your post.

BUT ARE YOU A HIPPO?

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
I suppose it's not COMPLETELY relevant (I don't really have much else though), but I was banned from a server for "spin hacks" in Team Fortress 2.
I just bound a button to cycle my mouse sensitivity between my usual mouse sensitivity (5.0) and an excrutiatingly high mouse sensitivity. (around 10.0) Which isn't really hax because any old person could do it in the console.

TheSeventhLoneWolf

Mar 1, 2009
Medic in tf2.

Not Banned in the sense of never being allowed to play that class, Banned as in certain people calling me a noob and to play something different. Then engineer. Maybe they'll destroy my soldier-esteem too?

Connosaurus Rex

Jul 20, 2009
Sniper Rifles in CoD WaW any time we played any map I just moved around and sniped my friends, they now refuse to play if I use a sniper rifle. Other than that nothing.

This-is-Hip-Hop

Feb 21, 2009
Hiphophippo said:
This-is-Hip-Hop said:

-This-is-Hip-Hop
Thanks for letting me know you wrote your post.

BUT ARE YOU A HIPPO?
Only when I dream my Friend, only in my Dreams.

Acaroid

Aug 11, 2008
Bouncing Ferret FIlm said:
Have you ever been BANNED from a character/weapon during your life as a gamer. Is it cuz you mastered said character or weapon? or were you cheap?

I have been banned from specific characters in games plenty of times.

In samurai showdown I was banned from Ukyo Tachibana,http://media.strategywiki.org/images/1/10/SS_Ukyo.png I was untouchable with this character. Me and three of my friends played, and the only person who could knock me down was my friend playing gen-en shiranui http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/samuraishodown/genan.jpg Anyways, the banned me from that character for the night.

Killer Instinct, I was banned from spinal,

and in Bond Nightfire, i was banned from the sniper rifle.

I've been threatened that I would be banned from certain characters from Mortal Kombat and in reponce i would pull out sektor and do his locking missiles over and OVER and over http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXTa2BqfubM look at them and go, are you SURE you want to ban me from that character. (subzero, kabal, and a few others)

Yeah killer instinct I was banned from cinder, then spinal like yourself.
Super smash bros (the first on n64) was banned from kirby.

Oh and banned from using the freeze gun and trigger mines from Turok: Rage Wars on N64, cause well... i would freeze people and attach mines to them.... then watch them run around untill i would set them off XD

Yeah we played alot of n64, it had some great split screen.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Oh plenty:

Cinder from Killer Instinct is a given, seeing as many people don't take kindly to the fireball spam. People didn't like my Glacius that much either but no one complained about that, just cinder was a total *****.

Oddjob from goldeneye is frowned upon a ot for obvious reasons.

ExDeath from Dissidia. Ok well a lot of people will sometimes just not even bother trying to fight seeing as he's a brick wall. People don't like him, and for good reason, just look up video's of a GOOD ExDeath player in action, it's so soul crushingly awesome.

Hell that is always a certain fighting game character that people object to.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Bouncing Ferret FIlm said:
Perfect Dark:

Banned from using the AR34, the DY357-LX, the Mauler, The Laser, the RCP-120, the Magsec-4 and the Laptop Gun.
I'd generally get away with using the other weapons, but the laptop I had the bad habit of placing carefully then using it to one-man-double-team the other players. There's nothing like attacking from two directions at once!

In CS:S I was banned from using the TMP for a while too, not sure why but me and it had a certain affinity.

Banned from Link on Smash Bros and Melee, so I learned Fox, then they wished they'd never banned me from Link...

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
My friends stopped me from Picking Random in Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl, due to the fact that there was a chance, I'd get one of the characters I'm decent/good with. They now only let me be lower tier characters, like Ganondorf.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
I was not allowed to use Macedon or the Seleucids in RTW when we used to LAN it. I would own whoever attempted to best my pikes and ponies.
They also didn't like when I used the Railgun in Quake 3. I was pretty good at leading my targets and blasting them.

s-l-u-g

Sep 5, 2008
King in Tekken. I fucking destroy with him. thus no one likes me using him... ;[

cambodiancam

Apr 16, 2009
Once for hacking in THUG2 that's Tony Hawks Underground 2 by the way :p. But anyway evidently shiny pants that block other peoples screens is a no no, also freezing them wasn't helping my case.