Character Sexuality

Enskie

Jun 11, 2008
PurpleRain post=18.72883.779857 said:
It's ok. Just Hollywood voodoo magic trying to trick you. But I'll still kill you no doubt. I do believe the Japanese Gadzilla has to be their greatest creation ever.
I have the strong urge right now to call up the Japanese and have them send a few guys down to wait at your house, armed with samurai swords and pointy sticks, and to ask those nice gentlemen to kindly shove those sticks up your ass. Aside from Japanese technology, which is arguably one of the greatest things they have contributed to the rest of the world, they also gave us Sushi and a vast assortment of anime/manga (which I am not enamored of, but it does have a large following in western nations).

I was being rather facetious there, I don't especially consider Sushi to be worthy of being listed as a major contribution to the rest of the world and I also don't especially desire for you to have pointy objects shoved into your bodily orifices. I will defend Japan as being the center for developing new, smaller and more efficient technology in the region of computers and the assorted paraphernalia that goes with it. However I will also condemn it as supporting illegal whaling as well as legal (but immoral) quantities of whaling that are almost exterminating the population in their own waters, as well as our own.

Enskie

Jun 11, 2008
Kukul post=18.72883.779958 said:
yeah, sushi sucks

when i want to eat a raw fish i eat it ALIVE. i have to wrestle a bear first, though. thats how you do it in eastern europe and you dont need no fancy-ass sushi.
Not quite what I was getting at....

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
I am calling at master chief. He is gay, He is so digging the arbiter and he doesn't mind taking orders.( Har, Har.)

Plus, The only thing remotely women like that he talks to is a fucking AI in his head.

Faultty

Oct 2, 2008
I think part of the reason that there is so much sexual/gender ambiguity in games recently is that game designers have cottoned on to the fact that girls like video games too, and not just in a 'Barbie pony palace' capacity. Well done, I'll give them a badge since they don't have a chest to pin it on. However, said designers seem to believe that girls would like games 'just like for the boys only with pretty men in too' and while this isn't completely wrong, it's wrong in several significant ways and so I find it insulting.

And why has Japan been so big on the gender bender/sexuality??? deal for so long? I think it's because they're more aware of the fact that it's all FANTASY and can put in what they like to spice up the setting with 'what ifs' and 'maybe it's this' and don't nail down genders and sexualities because it'd get in the way of imagination. Imagination, it's like making stuff up in your head for enjoyment or creating things and has no need to be tied to current reality nor anyone else imaginings.

PS: Yes there is such a word as infanticide. Selective female infanticide is a currently practiced in several major countries and has a long history showing that the practice usually results in/is caused by epic societal dysfunction. If people world-wide stopped being awful to women the world would be a lot different and I dare say better.

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
Khell_Sennet post=18.72883.780196 said:
PurpleRain post=18.72883.779857 said:
It's ok. Just Hollywood voodoo magic trying to trick you. But I'll still kill you no doubt. I do believe the Japanese Gadzilla has to be their greatest creation ever.
Close, definitely in the top 10, but I'd easily put a couple other Japanese creations before Goji.

-Kirby
-Ninjas
-Hentai
-The Imperial Battleship Yamato
-Azu Manga Daioh
The plural for ninja is ninja. Sorry, just had to be anal.

I'd put Studio Ghibli on that list. Otherwise it's pretty damn accurate.

And, being the Nintendo fanboy that I am, I have to throw Nintendo in there. But Kirby keeps his seperate spot.

Enskie

Jun 11, 2008
Bulletinmybrain post=18.72883.780019 said:
I am calling at master chief. He is gay, He is so digging the arbiter and he doesn't mind taking orders.( Har, Har.)

Plus, The only thing remotely women like that he talks to is a fucking AI in his head.
Plus Miranda Keys....

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Enskie post=18.72883.783727 said:

Plus Miranda Keys....
Shh! It's best to just leave him be, you don't want to incite the Yahtzee fueled Halo rage, it just isn't worth it.

Enskie

Jun 11, 2008
The Iron Ninja post=18.72883.783730 said:
Enskie post=18.72883.783727 said:

Plus Miranda Keys....
Shh! It's best to just leave him be, you don't want to incite the Yahtzee fueled Halo rage, it just isn't worth it.
I do agree with Yahtzee on most things and to an extent Halo 3 is one of them, but really, I've been on several internet gaming forums and there seemed to be a higher than normal number of "Halo 3 is for fascists" campaigners lurking the boards.

Unknower

Jun 4, 2008
Graustein post=18.72883.776549 said:
That screenshot means nothing, considering the speaker is a giant mushroom with legs.
That's racist!

Enskie post=18.72883.777453 said:
Also, might I jut say that Godzilla had the most annoyingly, bastardly (yes it's a real word) cliff-hanger ending in any movie I have ever seen.
A cartoon continued the story. Godzilla was one of the good guys in it.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008

If this is true of MC, then it is true of Clint Eastwood and The Man with No Name. Are you prepared to take that plunge?

darrinwright

Oct 1, 2008
The Iron Ninja post=18.72883.776061 said:
Well I feel bad admitting it, as I've grown up quite a bit since then, but in Fable I always punched the male villagers with hearts over their heads.
To be fair I punched almost everyone in Fable, but it honestly bothered me that the dudes were in love with me (note: I was 16 at the time, please don't hate me)
You weren't alone. I, too, feel a bit ashamed for punching the guys who dug me.

I'd probably do it again, but still...

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Unknower post=18.72883.784223 said:
Enskie post=18.72883.777453 said:
Also, might I jut say that Godzilla had the most annoyingly, bastardly (yes it's a real word) cliff-hanger ending in any movie I have ever seen.
A cartoon continued the story. Godzilla was one of the good guys in it.
And then he was killed in Final Wars. The circle is restored.

What about Abe? Is there any female Mudokons out there?

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Kukul post=18.72883.785457 said:
please spare Abe :(

:D
Oh no. He/She/It goes through the same treatment as all. I mean, sure they have little loin cloths and sound male-ish, but I'm never seen a female of their spieces. Then again, they could be frog like and come out of the waters.