Character that should have lasted longer

Dec 14, 2009
Woodsey said:
Everyone knows ME3 should have really ended with Thane doing his lithe gymnastic assassinations on all of the Reapers. It would have been the greatest of all montages.
Agreed, but only if this was playing in the background.

Best ending ever :D

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Mami in Madoka magica.
Of course it was a necessary story development but still.
Cant wait to see the movie!

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
thebobmaster said:
Wolfwood. I know he lasted most of the series, but he shouldn't have died at all! Also, Legato made a better villain than Knives, and should have been the final confrontation.
wth.... and colonel Hughs too? Do you guys not realize that both their deaths had massive impact on the story and the anime just wouldn't have been the same if they had lived?
Like with the book in the movie stranger then fiction, it was a masterpiece if he died but because he lived it was simply an alright book.

Id say the cast of basilisk that died in the first couple episodes.... they killed off all the most interesting characters in the first 4 episodes and then we're stuck with the most boring and tedious ones for the last 22. WTF?!

Other than what i consider bad shows i cant really think of characters that i think should of lived..... because if its done right that character turns from just one you liked into an unforgettable force that can change the way you feel about everything.

captcha: sing a song, not now captcha, im just too depressed now.

AsurasEyes

Sep 12, 2012
excalipoor said:
Speaking of Hellsing, I loved Rip Van Winkle. Loved! Unlike Jan Valentine, she had to fight Alucard himself. Now, Alucard is one of my favorite anti-heroes, but that's the one thing I'll never forgive him for.
I could launch into a rant about how much I hate Alucard, and I do sympathize with Rip Van Winkle. The problem I had with the whole series overall is that all the "good guys" were so evil that I found myself cheering for the Nazis. If Anderson had killed Alucard, that would have completely absolved him of my ire, but, 'tis a shame it never happened.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
AsurasEyes said:
I could launch into a rant about how much I hate Alucard, and I do sympathize with Rip Van Winkle. The problem I had with the whole series overall is that all the "good guys" were so evil that I found myself cheering for the Nazis. If Anderson had killed Alucard, that would have completely absolved him of my ire, but, 'tis a shame it never happened.
Seras ain't evil! She just gets bloodthirsty every now and then. Pip Bernadotte isn't evil, he's just a bit of a womanizing asshole. Integra is just ruthless, one of those "ends justify the means" people. Walter and Alucard are arguably evil, but the whole point is that they're the same as the Nazis: monsters who create mayhem for the sake of mayhem. Also, Alucard actually wanted Anderson to kill him, but Anderson screwed it up. Unlike Walter or the Major, Alucard was hoping for it all to end.

EDIT: And Darth Maul reminds me... I think I would've enjoyed Episodes II-III much more if they had had a little less Hayden Christensen and a little more Liam Neeson.

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
My one is for Darth Maul. I'll probably get a lot of flak for that, but I think he would've been a better villain that Tyranus, at least in Episode 2. Ah well.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Samantha Burt said:
My one is for Darth Maul. I'll probably get a lot of flak for that, but I think he would've been a better villain that Tyranus, at least in Episode 2. Ah well.
<spoiler=Spoilers for the Clone Wars>
He's alive, actually...

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
WolfThomas said:
The Red Viper of Dorne. Hotheaded bisexual Dornishman who sired only bastard daughters and was a master of poisons. When he fought Gregor Clegane, depsite knowing it wouldn't end well, I couldn't help but want him to win so badly.
He was very stupid at the last moment, though. He knew the poison was going to kill the Mountain, but he couldn't resist diving in for that last jab, and it cost him his life. I really doubt the Mountain was going to get up, and even if he had, he could have stuck him again.[/footnote]

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
AsurasEyes said:
excalipoor said:
Speaking of Hellsing, I loved Rip Van Winkle. Loved! Unlike Jan Valentine, she had to fight Alucard himself. Now, Alucard is one of my favorite anti-heroes, but that's the one thing I'll never forgive him for.
I'm not so experienced with Hellsing, but it seems to me the protagonists in shows like that aren't always meant to be particularly good guys. Hell, good doesn't even need to come into telling a compelling story.

Jun 11, 2008
AsurasEyes said:
excalipoor said:
I thought that was the point of Hellsing though.

OT: General Leo from FF VI is the biggest example I can think of right now of someone who should have lived longer. Also your whole "terrorist" team from FF VII.

AsurasEyes

Sep 12, 2012
excalipoor said:
AsurasEyes said:
Seras ain't evil! She just gets bloodthirsty every now and then. Pip Bernadotte isn't evil, he's just a bit of a womanizing asshole. Integra is just ruthless, one of those "ends justify the means" people. Walter and Alucard are arguably evil, but the whole point is that they're the same as the Nazis: monsters who create mayhem for the sake of mayhem. Also, Alucard actually wanted Anderson to kill him, but Anderson screwed it up. Unlike Walter or the Major, Alucard was hoping for it all to end.
I know. I've seen the series, and Pip was awesome, and Seras was cool too, but her charm was defused when she fell for Alucard, which is like a puppy starting to love Godzilla. Yeah it's cute, but he's a monster who should have died. Integra is arguable on her evil, and Walter turned to the Nazis, which I think means he's not good anymore since Nazis rarely hug orphans and work at soup kitchens. Alucard really was just so over the top evil and just plain boring as a character that he sucked the fun out of the series. Also, seeing all these great people getting torn apart by him makes me a bit bitter towards him.

AsurasEyes

Sep 12, 2012
Binnsyboy said:
AsurasEyes said:
excalipoor said:
I'm not so experienced with Hellsing, but it seems to me the protagonists in shows like that aren't always meant to be particularly good guys. Hell, good doesn't even need to come into telling a compelling story.
It's a show about Nazi vampires being led by a cyborg who has a war fetish to destroy London while a bunch of Catholic paladins fight Hellsing, a vampire hunting organization that employs Dracula and the descendant of Abraham Van Helsing, who didn't even kill Dracula in the original story.

A compelling story is not it's strong point, the characters should have to pick up the slack, and the main character is a walking Deus Ex Machina who eats up screen time that could be going to better characters. He's not just evil, he's so absurd that he's just plain boring to watch.

Danglybits

Oct 31, 2008
Nihlus from Mass Effect.

1. He was a cool alien;
2. We just met him and now he's dead?! Give him a minute. It would have been great to see a Spectre in action before becoming one yourself and to give his death some impact. He just shows up, says, "I move faster on my own". Then gets killed by a guy that we don't even know yet. Introduce Saren through someone we know.
3. I just really like turians.
4. I'd rather have him watching my back on Eden Prime than that Alenko putz.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Binnsyboy said:
WolfThomas said:
The Red Viper of Dorne. Hotheaded bisexual Dornishman who sired only bastard daughters and was a master of poisons. When he fought Gregor Clegane, depsite knowing it wouldn't end well, I couldn't help but want him to win so badly.
He was very stupid at the last moment, though. He knew the poison was going to kill the Mountain, but he couldn't resist diving in for that last jab, and it cost him his life. I really doubt the Mountain was going to get up, and even if he had, he could have stuck him again.
He wouldn't be the awesome character he was if hadn't of done that. He's hotheaded and impulsive, which meant yes he made a stupid decision. After defeating one of the nastiest characters in the whole series. Glad Ser Gregor died (mostly).

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
WolfThomas said:
Binnsyboy said:
WolfThomas said:
He was very stupid at the last moment, though. He knew the poison was going to kill the Mountain, but he couldn't resist diving in for that last jab, and it cost him his life. I really doubt the Mountain was going to get up, and even if he had, he could have stuck him again.
He wouldn't be the awesome character he was if hadn't of done that. He's hotheaded and impulsive, which meant yes he made a stupid decision. After defeating one of the nastiest characters in the whole series. Glad Ser Gregor died (mostly).
Incidentally...

Tyrion Lannister. He doesn't die, but nearly every time he gets a well describes sex scene, it says he's done in three thrusts, or something. Christ, man. That character should last longer!