Characters you hate with a passion.

Jovip

Aug 12, 2010
I'll make this quick and concise.

Every Character in Call of duty games. : Because, although the gameplay is mindless and enjoyable, i stutter to even call these raving arms of machismo characters, where as the idea of floating testosterone ad's with guns and one liners fits more then something someone actually wrote as a human substitute.

Each and every Pony. : I feel as if though i don't need to explain this, but as an effective and less then aggressive means of stating my opinion, I'm not a 6 year old girl. With the literary and existentially depth of a oyster.

ASHLEY MOTHER CUNTING GRAHAM. : She is probably my top out of this entire list, because she makes it impossible for me to replay the game. She exists solely to piss me off and is the meta-physical incarnate of suffering it's self placed soley on this world to violently smash each of my annoyances or psychotic fucking hatreds with a massive vegan protest board with scribbled on anti gay messages and arguments of led zeppelin being a bad band. Every little aspect of her existence makes me angry as a sentient being. Her voice makes me want to

CASTRATE

FUCKING

ORPHANS

The mere thought of her at this moment has fueled me with enough rage to actually want to punch the disk of the game and hopefully scratch out the pieces of code specifically she was enscribed into.

Angel from Buffy the vampire slayer universe. : Now, this is maybe more in the actually Buffy show then in his own. But i just kinda found him dull and boring, almost silly in his stalker-ish techniques. Plus the "love" between him in Buffy i found had no premise. It just kinda, existed and in a show with character depth stretching into the farthest reaches of every literary crater known. That shit just doesn't fly.

Warren from Buffy: For no reason other then he killed Tara and made my favorite little willow sad...

The mask guy from Majora's Mask. : Shut the fuck up, shut the fuck up, shut the fuck up, let me go do things, shut the fuck up, i don't give 10 back story explaining fucks about anything at all you have to say let me go be link and have an awesome adventure. You're not interesting, your capitalist scum with a bad haircut now SHUT THE FUCK UP....

Skull kid from Majora's mask. : I don't even have anything beyond, i was so incredibly bored by this character i decided to hate him. Just, So meh. The mask is more interesting then you and it's a piece of wood for most of the game.

Every character in borderlands. I don't even know -why- there are characters. It's not a narrative driven piece. It's a "There are fucking tri-zillions of guns and tons of shit to shoot" Game. Each character was bland, boring and all together annoying to me because their crappy and "gimicked" voices kept tearing me out of my fun.

As mentioned by alot of you guy's, Dolores umbridge. *****.

Raphael from any soul caliber game. : Just, ugh. Yes, please stab me more with your long and fast sword you french metro.... Always brought on rage.

Kaepora Gaebora: This is a trait for why i hate characters or people in general. But, SHUT UP....just wanna pour a metric ton of tar and bath salts down these character's stupid throats.

Sam and Dean Winchester. However, i love them as characters -most- of the time. Just they do this thing where on and off again they both become whiny cunts as a means to try and write in some genuine emotional conflict. I instantly hate them the moment that arrives.

Yea.
I think i'm good for now.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
I love these threads because my answer never changes!
At least not until somebody comes up with a less likeable character than Miranda Lawson.
Which I doubt will ever happen because my god is she horrible.
Wants to put a control chip in my head? Well I want to leave her on the Collector base, see ya later *****.

lacunadexter

Sep 4, 2012
I loathed Leon Bell from Dead Rising 2. The pointless and thinly-veiled homoeroticism was so over the top. Why did they feel the need to make an ugly, mulleted jerk grind "suggestively" against the seat of his bike? If it was just to make the player wrinkle his/her nose in disgust, I guess it worked.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
I heartily detested Fenris in Dragon Age 2, I cannot abid someone who treats Merrill the way he did. Only reason I never got rid of him was because he was actually pretty useful and he had those goddamn puppy dog eyes.

Also Eric motherfucking Northman he was a little alright in the first season but after that he was a complete fucking asshole. He barely does a single thing even slightly redeeming for three goddamn seasons straight. He only started being nice in season 4 because he was fucking BRAINWASHED, and after he got over that he went right back to being an asshole. Seriously how has anyone been able to stand this guy after all he's done? Or do people just like to forget that he
borderline gang raped Sookie with that other shitbag Russell?

3quency

Jun 12, 2009
pro_family_lover said:
NewfieKeir said:
pro_family_lover said:
NewfieKeir said:
pro_family_lover said:
Cortez: Mass Effect 3. His inclusion inn the game was the primary reason for me to return it to the store I bought it at.
Uhh... Why?
Because of his claims to have been "married" to a man, and just overall offensive nature. He was a disgusting character.
Ah so it's not the character, it's his sexuality.
No not his sexuality, his political message.
The message that it's perfectly normal and okay for two people who love each other to make a permanent commitment to said love regardless of gender or sexuality?

I'm sorry, I don't see the problem here.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Jovip said:
I'll make this quick and concise.

Every Character in Call of duty games. : Because, although the gameplay is mindless and enjoyable, i stutter to even call these raving arms of machismo characters, where as the idea of floating testosterone ad's with guns and one liners fits more then something someone actually wrote as a human substitute.

Each and every Pony. : I feel as if though i don't need to explain this, but as an effective and less then aggressive means of stating my opinion, I'm not a 6 year old girl. With the literary and existentially depth of a oyster.

ASHLEY MOTHER CUNTING GRAHAM. : She is probably my top out of this entire list, because she makes it impossible for me to replay the game. She exists solely to piss me off and is the meta-physical incarnate of suffering it's self placed soley on this world to violently smash each of my annoyances or psychotic fucking hatreds with a massive vegan protest board with scribbled on anti gay messages and arguments of led zeppelin being a bad band. Every little aspect of her existence makes me angry as a sentient being. Her voice makes me want to

CASTRATE

FUCKING

ORPHANS

The mere thought of her at this moment has fueled me with enough rage to actually want to punch the disk of the game and hopefully scratch out the pieces of code specifically she was enscribed into.

Angel from Buffy the vampire slayer universe. : Now, this is maybe more in the actually Buffy show then in his own. But i just kinda found him dull and boring, almost silly in his stalker-ish techniques. Plus the "love" between him in Buffy i found had no premise. It just kinda, existed and in a show with character depth stretching into the farthest reaches of every literary crater known. That shit just doesn't fly.

Warren from Buffy: For no reason other then he killed Tara and made my favorite little willow sad...

The mask guy from Majora's Mask. : Shut the fuck up, shut the fuck up, shut the fuck up, let me go do things, shut the fuck up, i don't give 10 back story explaining fucks about anything at all you have to say let me go be link and have an awesome adventure. You're not interesting, your capitalist scum with a bad haircut now SHUT THE FUCK UP....

Skull kid from Majora's mask. : I don't even have anything beyond, i was so incredibly bored by this character i decided to hate him. Just, So meh. The mask is more interesting then you and it's a piece of wood for most of the game.

Every character in borderlands. I don't even know -why- there are characters. It's not a narrative driven piece. It's a "There are fucking tri-zillions of guns and tons of shit to shoot" Game. Each character was bland, boring and all together annoying to me because their crappy and "gimicked" voices kept tearing me out of my fun.

As mentioned by alot of you guy's, Dolores umbridge. *****.

Raphael from any soul caliber game. : Just, ugh. Yes, please stab me more with your long and fast sword you french metro.... Always brought on rage.

Kaepora Gaebora: This is a trait for why i hate characters or people in general. But, SHUT UP....just wanna pour a metric ton of tar and bath salts down these character's stupid throats.

Sam and Dean Winchester. However, i love them as characters -most- of the time. Just they do this thing where on and off again they both become whiny cunts as a means to try and write in some genuine emotional conflict. I instantly hate them the moment that arrives.

Yea.
I think i'm good for now.
I get wherre you are coming from, but I genuinely enjoyed Ashley Graham as the Damsel-du-jour.
And I really like playing as Raphael, stabbing people before they are even able to swing their overblown huge-ass weapons.

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
Mikeyfell said:
I love these threads because my answer never changes!
At least not until somebody comes up with a less likeable character than Miranda Lawson.
Which I doubt will ever happen because my god is she horrible.
Wants to put a control chip in my head? Well I want to leave her on the Collector base, see ya later *****.
While i'm not best buds with Miranda I still wish to defend her in a few cases. While going through her plot arc in ME2 you can help be less extreme about things and less of an ice queen. By the end of the game she's
willing to basically flip off the Illusive Man and quit Cerberus because of her moral objections to his stance on the Collector Base. Also she goes to great lengths to defend her sister.
I don't recall a single negative thing she does in ME3. She even apologies for a few things such as the control chip you mentioned. Hell by the end she's become downright heroic.
Notably saving her sister and after realising what was happening at Sanctuary making sure that no more refugees fall for it.

But anyway to the character I hate. During an english class a year or two back we had to watch a movie, (i've forgotten the reasons but what I do remember is irrelevant) called Muriel's Wedding. To express my hate for the titular character would require an absurdly long essay to do so. As such I will simply summarise her as a lying, stealing, ungrateful karma houdini and *****.

I also have similar hatred for virtually every other character in that movie but I find her to be the most notable and disgusting example. The only character which I come close to sympathising with, (but still hate) is the apparent villain of the movie, Muriel's father, who is heavily implied to be a corrupt politician and cheating on his wife.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
Jeoffrey from game of thrones. God, he's a sadistic son of *****.
Navi from ocarina of time. need I say more?

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Keith Lemon...Seriously, just put it away, and never bring it out again.

It is probably the point of this infernal creation, but it seems to be the distillation of shallow celebrity culture into one vacuous entity and it doesn't even deserve the time of day, let alone it's own movie.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
5 pages in and my ctrl+f tells me that no one has yet mentioned River Song...

That woman was one of the main reasons I stopped watching Dr Who. Well that and the fact that all sense of tension was ruined by the fact that they'd go: 'Hey look guys! Look! We're killing off one of the main characters! Guys! Guys! Over here! Look! For real this time! Look they're really dead. Doornail-esq- wait what's this? Who is that figure on the horizon? Look folks, it's our trusty hero Deus Ex Machina and his trusty sidekick Shitty Writing to the rescue!' And they all lived happily until the next shitty Moffat-infused plot twist.

Yeah, stopped watching last season; it was so cringe it made my spleen hurt.

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
Matthew94 said:
The claptraps in borderlands. It isn't a strong passion but they aren't funny and it's clearly GB trying to come up with a "quirky mascot" but they failed horribly.
Thank you for that. SO much. I genuinely think Borderlands is the worst game I've played in many, many years.

OT:

God... she made the show intolerable at some points.

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
Uncle Comrade said:
VeneratedWulfen93 said:
Aruezi said:
VeneratedWulfen93 said:
The Dalish have every right to be angry though. They had everything and lost because of humans. Not one or two specific humans but because of the race as a whole. Same in the Witcher, Iorveth may have lost sight of his goal due to his hatred but when you see what the humans have brought the elves down to you understand when you here them curse Bledae Dhoine. I have a soft spot for species fucked over like that like elves and Eldar.
Maybe, but most of that was hundreds, even thousands of years before the events of Dragon Age. What's more if I remember the second Exalted March primarily came about because of their outright refusal to allow the Chant of Light to be practiced within their lands, which was not only stupid, but just plain rude. Well, that and one particularly stupid raiding party gave he Chantry just the excuse they needed. Still, this could have been avoided.

I'm just saying there's no call for them to be as dickish as they are. A little angry? Yes. Somewhat hostile towards outsiders? Perfectly understandable. Having all but a handful of the people in your camp constantly alternate between insulting me, or claiming that they're looking for any possible excuse to kill me? Despite the fact that I've done nothing but try to help them? All over things that happened generations before I was born?

No. No, I'm going to bring along the former slave that endured horrible torture and heartache at the hands of a human mage, fought for his freedom and then proceeded to start a new life in the city without acting like a hateful little prick to every "shem" he comes across (Mages are a different matter though) with me. And he will mock you.
I won't expect the Elves to ever forget what was done to them. maybe if the majority of humans weren't dicks to them I would say yeah whatever. Just because one human is helping them doesn't change their entire racial outlook. Its not specific elves being angry at specific humans. Its the elves baring a grudge, the chant was never their religion and it shouldn't be forced on them. Denying it was not stupid or rude it was having integrity and not bowing to a foreign power.
I can accept that they'd be angry, and hold a grudge, but they seemed to make holding that grudge their entire reason for existence. I have more respect for the city elves, who are in arguably a much worse position (forced to live in slums, treated as second class citizens) but at least try and knuckle down and get on with their lives, taking comfort in their traditions and strong sense of community.

By contrast, a lot of the Dalish (more so in DA2) seem to have made their entire personality 'I hate humans'. Maybe humans are dicks to them, but if they're dickish right back, relations are never going to improve. It's like if you met a Native American who was unnecessarily belligerent and kept talking about General Custer and smallpox blankets. While he may have a valid point, after a while you'd be sick of hearing it.
And there is the problem. In DA 2. The writing and characterisation of the sequel was nowhere near the level of the first game, where you could experience the Dalish as one of them and then from an outside perspective. Unlike 2 you had a choice at the beginning of the Dalish origion, kill both humans, let them go, kill 1. I killed 1 and let the other go, humans stay in cities, elves in forests thats what I believe. The two species will never be able to mix properly, humans are too ignorant and elves will never move on. Rather than wish for the impossible I look at them both and see who is the worse off.

As I said I sypathise with races like that, the Aen Seidhe off the Witcher who had their cities and people burned by humans. Now if a human enters the forest they get an arrow in the eye without so much as a warning. The Eldar from 40k had a galaxy spanning empire but now are dying out and few in number. One particular branch of them views the young races of the galaxy as nothing more than usurpers, to be culled without mercy and while most Eldar issue a warning or threat before an attack those of Biel Tan simply arrive and kill everyone.

Basically I can never see these types of races forgetting their hatred, to do so would tarnish their ancestors and probably because the occurence was so great it was scarred into the racial memory of the species.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I would have to go with 90% of the Game of Thrones cast.

It's actually easier to list the people I like in that series which amounts to:
Renly
Arya
Davos
Theon (shocking, I know)
Tyrion
Sansa
Gendry

THAT'S IT.

Most are pretty obvious as to why I don't hate them, but I feel I need to justify not hating Theon.

Theon is basically a clever guy surrounded by morons and bastards for his entire life. His family are epic douches who have zero respect for him when really they don't deserve any respect themselves. Rob is just retarded enough to actively try to lose the war from what I can tell. He was quite clearly hated by every Stark other than the children though most of them are thick. In the TV show it makes him come across as way more of a pussy than he actually is too.

Also Sansa is thick and ridiculous but she gets so much of a raw deal that it's impossible not to like her.

This is after reading the first 2.5 books so this opinion is obviously subject to change.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
TopazFusion said:
We all hate Kai Leng right? from ME3 (well, most of us hate him)
Kai Leng is Like George Lucas. I want to hate him and I should Hate him, and I have no reason NOT to hate him, But I don't. It's So irritating.

Eh, I hate any unkillable character in skyrim. I'm sure Bethesda made all the unkillables extra annoying. Plus the children! Every child in skyrim is a little shit in need of a good stabbing, and again, I'm sure they did that on purpose.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
TopazFusion said:
We all hate Kai Leng right? from ME3 (well, most of us hate him)
Kai Leng is Like George Lucas. I want to hate him and I should Hate him, and I have no reason NOT to hate him, But I don't. It's So irritating.

Eh, I hate any unkillable character in skyrim. I'm sure Bethesda made all the unkillables extra annoying. Plus the children! Every child in skyrim is a little shit in need of a good stabbing, and again, I'm sure they did that on purpose.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
Kaworu Nagisa/Tabris from Evangelion
A lot of the love I see for him is that he was the first person to be properly nice to Shinji. While this is true, I feel that Kaworu?s feelings for him were fake. We see that Kaworu has links with SEELE and that he had been raised by them. At this point in the series SEELE know that Shinji needs to be absolutely broken in order for instrumentality to commence. With this in mind, they send Kaworu as a replacement for Asuka. At this point Kaworu is extremely nice to Shinji, and has earned his trust as a friend. This continues on until he revals himself as Tabris, the angel of free will. He takes Asuka?s Eva with him so that Shinji absolutely has to go down and fight him. Once the fight is over and Kaworu has reached Lillith he stops, and forces Shinji to kill him. This is Kaworu?s entire mission for SEELE. To make Shinji kill his friend. And this is why I hate Kaworu. He is the angel of free will, and when he realises that SHinji has become a true friend to him he continues with his plan rather than using his free will to override his orders from SEELE and stay alive. Ofcourse, this could all be explained away by Kaworu knowing that if he follows SEELE?s orders third impact would eventually happen and he would complete his duties as an angel, but I believe that Kaworu was more human than angel at the end of the series and that he truely wanted Shinji to be happy. But he chose to follow his orders and completely crush Shinji emotionally.
(Copied from my Tumblr)

Zburator

Aug 20, 2012
Faladorian said:
OT:

God... she made the show intolerable at some points.
Read the manga, she is A LOT better. In fact everything about the manga is better.

The manga is just awesome.