Characters you hate with an unbridled, illogical passion

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
Junpei from P3. Holy crap. He doesn't exist except to be your pseudo-rival for authority in the group and to whine about how he can't do things. Which, he can't. He's a genuine loser.

Marle from Chrono Trigger, for being a huge stereotype. Healer archer ice-wielding cheerleader-type blonde girl whose attack power is like half of anyone else's and who doesn't get a third tier of her element. Square, this is why female characters never get a good rap in games, because they end up like this.

Ithos

Jul 20, 2009
THIS FUCK.

FUCK THIS FUCKER! :mad:

I dunno. Think it's because I had to drag this ***** all round, and unlike the bird... girl.. thing that is kinda cute, this craptastick seed of fail is just annoying!

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
I was about to say Vanille in FF13 but that's logical. She's irratating as hell and acts so dippy it's like she's not a human being, why did they write her character to be so bloody dense, I know having a spunky young girl is an FF staple but she's just completely idiotic her exaggerated gestures and her general hopping around and mindless blind optimism annoy me to no end.

BSCCollateral

Jul 9, 2011
Jack from "Mass Effect 2"
Yes, you've had a crappy life. Yes, you've never had anyone you could trust. Yes, I'm giving serious thought to putting you down like a mad dog because I don't believe you can live outside of prison.

Miranda from "Mass Effect 2"
I spent most of this game screwing Cerberus over. You're loyal to Cerberus. Believe it or not, I can respect that.
My biggest problem on this ship is that we have a psychotic biotic powerhouse aboard. And you are making that problem worse. You're the XO, you're here to back me up. Not get into catfights with the crazy person I am trying to win over.
I suspect that Garrus or Jack fragged you on the Reaper's ship. I'm not going to be making inquiries.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Aurora Firestorm said:
Junpei from P3. Holy crap. He doesn't exist except to be your pseudo-rival for authority in the group and to whine about how he can't do things. Which, he can't. He's a genuine loser.
Sorry, just wondering, but how far have you played?
After the third or fourth full moon he admits to being a dick and asks you to forgive him for acting like he did, if I remember correctly, and after the events with
Chidori
he becomes a lot more independent and stronger as a character.
At least, in my eyes. Just curious to see if you see him like that throughout the whole game or just in the start.

MBurner 93

Mar 26, 2009
voorhees123 said:
Vault101 said:
Mayor Mcready...and Im a whiter than white crusader in Fallout...but that little fucker made me wish I could kill children in that game
They really pissed me off. They are so asking for it and they actully goad you into it by insulting you. They need a slap and be taught to respect their elders.

The worst thing is....when they do start shooting you and you cant hit them back....YOU ARE FORCED TO RUN AWAY!!! FROM A BUNCH OF BRATS!! You fight deathclaws and scorpians and gangs of mutants and a bunch of shitty kids make you run. Makes me feel like shit, like a pathetic coward for running.
Wait a minute. They could fight back? I forgot you couldn't kill kids, so i shot at Mcready, and they all ran away screaming. What do you have to do to make them attack you?

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
Sofia Lamb from Bioshock 2.
It doesn't take a very long time before you basically figure out that her idea and philosophy are complete and utter bullshit. You are then forced to listen to her constantly trying to justify her idea, in which she utterly fails to do so, and constantly hear her throw condescending remarks your way and contradict herself.

I will never touch that mediocre game ever again, mainly because of her. It's no fun listening to uninteresting nonsense for ten hours straight from a horrible, horrible person.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Tom Milner said:
Sadly no one has joined. :(
i have joined your group

GO FALL DOWN A HOLE AND DIE YOU DUNCE! (not you Carth)
Thanks very much good sir now I know that I am not the only one who loathes Carth. (And by extension Kaiden.)

contagonist

Jul 9, 2011
Eliphas the Inheritor from Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising/Retribution.

I really liked his character in Dawn of War: Dark Crusade. He was collected, methodical, surprisingly soft-spoken, and slightly detached. He acted and sounded the part of a ten thousand year old traitor-legion commander. I hate that Relic turned him into a simpering prick in Chaos Rising, and a raging bludgeon of an astartes in Retribution.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Okay... Gonna use spoilertags to save space...

This guy... Seriously, fuck this guy. This whiny, simpering, nasally fork in my ears voice, one pants leg longer than the other, yellow tiny girly shirt wearing, self centered ************.
HA HA HA HA HA! Yeah, keep laughing you Meg Ryan look alike, so I can shove this Blitzball down your throat!
"This is my story" my ass! Just go ahead and fade out of existence you FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT! GOD DAMMIT!

Snow, oh GOD fucking Snow, everytime I see his goddamn face I just wanna punch it!

LIKE THIS!

Yeah! Take that you bastard!

Infernai said:
VAAN!

WHAT WERE YOU EVEN DOING IN THAT GAME!? YOU HAD NO PURPOSE....NO FUCKING PURPOSE!!!! GRARTGHHLLGHLGHKLHL!!! *foams at mouth*
YES, EXACTLY! MR. "I wanna be a sky pirate!", YOU DON'T BELONG HERE, JUST LEAVE!

Almost everyone in FF 8. Just... Just fuck those guys. They're all IDIOTS!

Akukaishi said:
I really, really hate Aeris from FFVII. Loathe her. I cheered when...yeah. That thing happened.
Oh man I thought I was the only one! Oh but I cried when it happened... Tears of joy!

Rose in MGS2. Good god woman, shut the fuck up! I'm trying to save lives here and you have to ***** about your fucking emotional issues!?

Oh god, SHUT UP!

Raiden: We'll talk about this after the mission!

Rose: I understand.

"Next codec call"

Rose: NOONE'S IN YOUR ROOM! YOUR'E ATTRACTED TO THAT LITTLE GIRL AREN'T YOU! WAAAAHH!!

Raiden: For the love of...

...Would you belive that I'm a big FF fan?

I could go on but I'm tired...

urahara75

Aug 21, 2010
I vote firmly for Wesker in the Biohazard/Resident Evil series.

(1) He starts out somewhat interesting but ultimately (seemingly) playing Russian Roulette with his own life via his own machinations in Raccoon City.
(2) Gradually devolves into a generic independent mercenary consultant/"Starscream" role through the courses of events between Code: Veronica, Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil 4.
(3) Then finally hit rock bottom as the "bottom-of-the-barrel", card-carrying villain, too dumb to live omnicidal maniac role in Resident Evil 5.

Actually, the be honest, I liked him pre-RE5. He seemed impossibly competent, self-reliant and just plain lucky (lol) before his obsession with the Redfields screwing with his plans went into "flanderization" territory. I don't know who I actually hate more: Wesker; for being the absolute greatest flaw/liability in his own plots and to his long-term goals,

or

Capcom writers; who can't seem to write compelling game narratives beyond terrible 10th grade, fan-fic, fanboy-pandering tripe.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Amplify said:
floppylobster said:
Amplify said:
There's only one I can think of. Characters like Big Smoke, Navi, Vaan and whoever else annoy me sure, but only one elicits pure blinding fury from me.

My only regret is never getting to put a knife between his shoulder blades.
Is that that guy from Days of Ruin? You know, that guy...

(There's nothing worse than starting a reCAPTCHA then having to give up because you can't get the second word).
Yeah, that's him.

Brenner: Hey can we leave these two teenagers to live in your village?
Mayor: Defeat these guys for us and I'll consider it.
Brenner: Done.
Mayor: Okay now get out.
Brenner: But you said you would!
Mayor: No I only said I'd consider it, now GTFO.

*LATER*

Mayor: Help us Brenner we're being raided!
Brenner: Ok sure.
Mayor: Now that you've saved us, get out.
Brenner: What why?!
Mayor: I speak for the people of Freehaven when I say GTFO of Freehaven, we don't want you.
Brenner: You're lucky I'm a nice guy.
Mayor: Gonna bully us with your guns now?
Brenner: >:|

Repeat like it's groundhog day, with him getting progressively more of an asshole.
The way you've written his dialogue is actually making me like him.

urahara75

Aug 21, 2010
CyprisVeil said:
Tifa Lockheart. Yup.

Edit: Vanille from 13, Ashe from 12, Marta from Tales of Symphonia's horrible sequel...
Heeyy... why Ashe? She was (perhaps) the only fleshed-out main character who was at least partially identifiable by the player. All she cared about was resting Dalmascan sovereignty from Archadian occupation, and averting continent-wide warring via peaceful(?)-ish means...

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Nix from infamous 2. I hated EVERYTHING about the evil run, hated the evil skills other than the blasts, hated Nix.

I liked evil in infamous 1...smexy arc lightning cluster bomb ballistic missle having fun.

In 2 I liked the good side in every way. Sadly either way I have to put up with Nix. I'd rather side with Bertrand to take down Nix lol.

The cast of ff13 except for Fang. Never finished it though. PS3 died after fight in Oerba. Really don't want to play through it again to get to the last bits of it.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Bao Sanniang in Dynasty Warriors 7.

She is the representation that Koei are starting to go down the stereotypical female Japanese video game character path.

Terminally Chill

Jun 21, 2011
Ezio. Seeing his stupid mug plastered all over buses when Brotherhood was released nearly made me crash my car from seething anger last year. And I have no idea why.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
in after over 9000 ff xiii replies.

Just to mix that shit up, anyone voiced by James Arnold Taylor. People complement his range, but whenever he talks, I always hear that Tidus fuckhead coming out of his mouth. Even Ratchet, who I actually like. But fuck Johnny Test. I only want his sister thst's voiced by this chick:

Yep. I watch Johnny Test, just to wait for one of his sisters to have a Revy-style breakdown, complete with voice more gravely than Shale.