Characters you hate with an unbridled, illogical passion

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
Do you have any game characters that you just hate, that just make you physically mad? Ones for whom AM's epic hate speech [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Have_No_Mouth,_and_I_Must_Scream#Plot] from I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream would not come close to expressing you deep loathing? I have one.
Now, mind you, I don't actually think Ryoji is that bad a character, strangely enough. I just hate the fucker. I can't explain it. Well, I can a little...
So this guy, Ryoji Mochizuki, aka Mysterious Boy, aka Pharos, aka Thanatos, aka The Appriser, aka the Thirteenth Arcana, aka Death, aka Nyx Avatar, aka the harbinger of the fucking apocalypse (tell me if I missed one) is a stupid asscracker. I hate most of his numerous forms, but the Ryoji form is the one that pisses me the shit off the most. First off, he's a flippin' douchebag. He hits on literally everything with a vagina he lays his eyes on in the most insufferable, twat-gargling way possible, more annoyingly than even Junpei. And not only is he a fucking letch who constantly creeps on women while they bathe and have emotional epiphanies, but he's been living inside my character for the past 10 years. He never hesitates to remind me and all my friends "I'VE BEEN INSIIIDE YOU". Further, once he figures out he's FUCKING DEATH, he turns into a total pussy and whines and whines about how he wishes he didn't have to destroy the world and how he'll miss being a freaky voyeur and how Nyx cannot be defeated and so much similar bullshit. Also, while Yuri Lowenthal has done some really good stuff (such as Yosuke in Persona 4), his performance as Ryoji makes him sound like even more of a smarmy cuntbucket. Every word out of this stupid wannabe pimp's mouth makes me want to slice off his lips and feed them to a dingo. Finally, WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THAT STUPID SCARF? It's like 12 feet long! IT LOOKS RIDICULOUS YOU LOOK RIDICULOUS RAAAHGH I HATE THIS FUCKER
So yeah, bit of a rant, good to get off my chest. A furious, mysterious hatred for a fictional character. My reasons are clearly not that valid, it's more of a base, reflexive fury. Makes me wonder if this is what racists feel like. So is there any character like this for you? Another example would be Spoony's [http://spoonyexperiment.com] of Tidus from Final Fantasy X as expressed in his video review.

I do hate another fictional, non-game character much more than Ryoji, with the fury of a billion Class O stars, but my rage toward them is far too intense to put into words so I won't even get into it. Of course, feel free to list your own non-game hate targets. Also, please be civil and respect each others' right to hate fictional beings and don't take it personally if someone lists your virtual BFF.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
The cast of most Final Fantasies. Worse collections of annoying teen clichés I have never seen.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Quina from FF9. I know s/he's actually really good once you get all the abilities, and they can't help the mental problems, but by god I could not be done with that blue shit fast enough.

pyers

Aug 10, 2010
Well every final fantasy since 7 has had REALLY annoying characters but before 7 there fine

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Sebastian Vael from Dragon Age 2. It wasn't just the fact that I had to pay to experience such a "wonderful" character but the fact that I couldn't decide to kill him at the end of the game when it was totally justified to do so.

One of the worst DLC's I've ever bought too.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Roman Bellic. I fucking hate him. I hate the entire game because of him.

I'm pretty sure I didn't even finish the tutorial.

aakibar

Apr 14, 2009
*twitch* DR. MOTHERFUCKING LI agghhhahHAH:GHD:OFNHAOLHF?>:#)*qy*r%^!@KLSH:GDNKLN"psadegkbnsdql:asodbo

BrailleOperatic

Jul 7, 2010
ANDEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

He's whiny, he's woebegotten ALL THE TIME. "Oh wah, I ate a ghost and now I am crazy, boo hoo..." It tell him to suck it up but he'd just blow the whole gorram city up again.

Go **** yourself, Anders. No one likes you.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I too hate a P3 character, mainly Yukari,mostly for the stupid party fights see causes in the answer and the fact you had to be popular to date has always bugged me. She's slightly redeemed for her decent skill set.

TheSolemnHypnotic

Dec 12, 2010

She didn't even put out at the end. XD No, seriously I might as well have been trying to rescue a ham sandwich. Very annoying broad.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
The cast of the Final Fantasy series. Never liked any of the writing for them, never liked their personalities in general, pretty much hate their character design. Now, I will admit that I haven't played all of the games, but frankly, to me it's comparable to a child learning that the stove is hot. I gave it a shot, I didn't enjoy it, and I'm probably still not going to enjoy it if I give it another try.

Honorable mention for the cast of Bulletstorm. They somehow manage to make Duke Nukem himself look like a shining example of maturity.

Edit:

And how the hell could I forget.....

LEEEEON!!!!!!!!! HEEEEEELP!!!!!!

Herbsk

May 31, 2011
Iwata said:
The cast of most Final Fantasies. Worse collections of annoying teen clichés I have never seen.
Hope - The worst pre-teen whiner I have had the misfortune to come across in a game OR in the real world.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I would say a good portion of Final Fantasy characters, but I have one in particular, and that's Hope. I fucking hate that girl...guy...whatever that...thing is.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
BrailleOperatic said:
ANDEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

He's whiny, he's woebegotten ALL THE TIME. "Oh wah, I ate a ghost and now I am crazy, boo hoo..." It tell him to suck it up but he'd just blow the whole gorram city up again.

Go **** yourself, Anders. No one likes you.
Did you play the Awakening expansion for Origins? Cause, he was pretty likeable in that game. In between games his personality completely changed from being funny to whiny.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
Am I the only one who has a blind, passionate hate for Link? HE DOESN'T FUCKING TALK and everybody talks at him like he is speaking. I can understand Nintendo not wanting to conform to a voice actor and let the players insert their own voice where his should be, but I at least want a text blurb!

Example:

Link walks into a store and stares at a potion. The storekeeper says "You want that? Ok, it'll be 15 ruppees. Thank you, you have a nice day too."

They talk AT him and give responses as though he were talking and he doesn't. Not a single word. That and have you SEEN Ganondorf? Wikipedia Ganondorf and read his power list. How does he keep losing to a 4 foot elf with a magic sword and 2 attacks?