Characters you hate with an unbridled, illogical passion

Agarth

Jul 14, 2009
For some reason I just don't really know, I can't stand having Fenris as an ally in Dragon Age 2. At least you get to kill him by siding with the mages at end game. Plus it actually encourages you to be rivals with him which inclines yelling at him to stop whining about his past. Thats always a plus.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
York_Beckett said:
I hated Hope from Final Fantasy XIII from the moment I saw him. I know it's a very typical example, but I just couldn't think of anyone I despise more.

I don't hate Vanille though. Why? Because she slapped Hope in the face, and that's more than enough reason for me to like her.

Also, Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia. Everything about him was just annoying. Everything.
ok ill admit Lloyd is a bit preachy but hey hes kick ass in combat so i can forgive:)
personaly i hated yuan from that game more.....im gonna stop mithos so i need your exspaere so now i must kill you! what i could of just asked and you would have helped me?! mother f@#ker!

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Shadowseraph said:
mysecondlife said:
I say that one girl in FF7. don't remember her name. but you have to put extra work into getting her.. and then she steals all your thingies.

putting work just to get purposely get screwed over just fucking sucks
Yuffie. And yes, she is really annoying.
lol. thanks for reminding me the name of the character I hate so much

Amplify

Aug 31, 2008
floppylobster said:
The way you've written his dialogue is actually making me like him.
It's been years since I played it last so I don't remember his lines, I just know he was the guy who'd use anybody (usually the guy I'm playing as) as a rag to be used for his personal gain and to be thrown in the corner until the next time he wants me to further his own standard of comfort and living.

The reason he dies in the end is because he's told there's only one sample of a vaccine for a killer disease that's going around, he doesn't even have the infection himself but he wants it all to himself so there's no chance he'll die, note that he got it in the first place by selling others out and leaving them to die. I'm just glad it turns out to be poison instead of an antidote.

AngelSword

Castles & Chemo Founder
Oct 19, 2008
I have a deep-seeded hatred for the main character of Dead Space for reasons completely unrelated to the game itself. His name sends me into fits of nigh-uncontrollable anger that, should I ever meet the person behind the hatred, would be unleashed in a blinding fury that would likely result in a brutal, brutal murder.

SpaceCop

Feb 14, 2010
MadMechanic said:
SuperChurl said:
Leliana! I can't stand her disingenuous ingenue routine. She's a ditzy zealot with the voice of a concussion victim and she never shuts the fuck up. I chopped her goddamn head off she still showed up in the second game.

Fenris! He hates mages. That's it. That's his sole personality trait.
How/when do you kill Leliana?
Bring her along on the Quest For The Sacred Ashes. If you side with the cultists and defile the ashes in front of her she's all "Nooooooo" and attacks you. You've gotta straight up murder her, OG style.

MadMechanic said:
I disagree on the Fenris front. He has two personality traits! Hating mages andhaving the angsty emo "lo is me, lyf sux" personality.
Thanks for reminding me that I hate him. He even had the balls to try and romance me - even though I'm a frickin' mage! "I hate mages! Your a mage! I hate myself! Uuh...wanna come to bed?" And he wondered why I went with the psyco-pirate...
Whoa, you romanced Isabela? I mean, I did too at first. Until Act 2 rolled around, and then it was "have fun with the qunari, biaaatch!"

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
Aurora Firestorm said:
Junpei from P3. Holy crap. He doesn't exist except to be your pseudo-rival for authority in the group and to whine about how he can't do things. Which, he can't. He's a genuine loser.
Sorry, just wondering, but how far have you played?
After the third or fourth full moon he admits to being a dick and asks you to forgive him for acting like he did, if I remember correctly, and after the events with
Chidori
he becomes a lot more independent and stronger as a character.
At least, in my eyes. Just curious to see if you see him like that throughout the whole game or just in the start.
I played the whole game. I just never got over my first impression. Yosuke in P4 was way better a sidekick than Junpei ever was.

WorldFree55

May 22, 2011
The Beast from Infamous 2 is one of them.

Seriously if you choose evil, the guy is a wuss and says "Oh I'm too tired...YOU DO IT! But become good then he will do everything he can to destroy every living thing and YOU! Help him and he becomes lazy, don't help him and he becomes a jackass. :(

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Aurora Firestorm said:
hazabaza1 said:
Aurora Firestorm said:
Junpei from P3. Holy crap. He doesn't exist except to be your pseudo-rival for authority in the group and to whine about how he can't do things. Which, he can't. He's a genuine loser.
Sorry, just wondering, but how far have you played?
After the third or fourth full moon he admits to being a dick and asks you to forgive him for acting like he did, if I remember correctly, and after the events with
Chidori
he becomes a lot more independent and stronger as a character.
At least, in my eyes. Just curious to see if you see him like that throughout the whole game or just in the start.
I played the whole game. I just never got over my first impression. Yosuke in P4 was way better a sidekick than Junpei ever was.
Fair enough. Just wanted to make sure you weren't only a few hours through and basing him on that in a big game.
To be fair, Yosuke was pretty cool too.

MadMechanic

Nov 6, 2009
SuperChurl said:
Bring her along on the Quest For The Sacred Ashes. If you side with the cultists and defile the ashes in front of her she's all "Nooooooo" and attacks you. You've gotta straight up murder her, OG style.
Oh right. I did not know this at all. I've alwasy gone against the cultists - but that's purely because the leader's voice actor winds me up so much...

SuperChurl said:
Whoa, you romanced Isabela? I mean, I did too at first. Until Act 2 rolled around, and then it was "have fun with the qunari, biaaatch!"
Something about that pirate moved me... I would have gone after Meril, but all the "I have a mirror!", "I'm an outcast" and "I'm completely insane!" put me off. I could have let Isabela die/get taken away, but I was adamant that I was going to get that damned game achievement in my first play through. And who doesn't like a girl who admits that she "likes big boats and cannot lie"? xD

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Most illogical would be this ass(Anomen BG2)

I probably do have solid reasons for hating him but I haven?t played BG2 in a really long time so I don?t even remember much about him...other than the fact he fucking pisses me off and I want to slam his face into the sidewalk. Hell his picture alone is annoying.

Something about LI?s for girls in most bioware games piss me off though the others I don?t hate quite as much. I have not played KotOR tho, from what I have seen I imagine if I had played it Carth would probably be pretty up there as well tho.

Also rather than list them pretty much every hyperactive, loudmouthed, innocent, child hero/side kick ever made. Especially the female sidekicks because they tend to have the stupid high pitched voice too and are usually useless.

CyprisVeil

Jan 20, 2011
urahara75 said:
CyprisVeil said:
Tifa Lockheart. Yup.

Edit: Vanille from 13, Ashe from 12, Marta from Tales of Symphonia's horrible sequel...
Heeyy... why Ashe? She was (perhaps) the only fleshed-out main character who was at least partially identifiable by the player. All she cared about was resting Dalmascan sovereignty from Archadian occupation, and averting continent-wide warring via peaceful(?)-ish means...
Gosh, actually I have to ask myself why Ashe as well! Upon watching my sister replay the game (she loves it oh so much) I dislike her less than I used to, but something about her still irks me haha.

Hedonist

Jun 22, 2011
I fucking hate Aveline in Dragon Age 2. I refuse to have her in my party, which means I always have to play as a warrior.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I have character's I hate with an unbridled passion, but illogically? No. I hate the characters I hate for good reasons. OT: Another Hope hater. /move along.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Tidus and Vaan

there the Major one's for me

just make them Mute maybe would have been better and you could just hear what they think

which actually would be hilarious

Vaan [thinking]: wow that Fran chick is Hot i wud tap that.