Characters you love to play

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
So from your badass Swagneto combos to your loot whoring Zero in Borderlands 2 do you have any specific characters you love to play for whatever reason.

Ammy from Okami comes to mind personally. She's the Goddess of the Sun for god's sake! Awesome!

She runs like super fast and makes flowers grow behind her because she's the Goddess of the Sun and she gives no shits about any o' dem demons because she's the Goddess of the Sun

I can do this all day

See also Batman from the Arkham games for the obvious reason that he is, in fact, Batman.

My ultimate favourite would be Ezreal in LoL. He is both the easiest and the hardest AD Carry to learn and play in my opinion. Hard in the sense that you have to consistantly land two skillshots (one is vastly more important than the other) probably while running/teleporting and easy in that you don't have to worry about that positioning lark as much since you have your amazing Arcane Shift teleport to get you out no problem once that fucking Teemo comes out of his camo right in your face. Or y'know when you run into their entire team because you're retarded.

The fact that you need to land those Mystic Shots all the time is what makes him so satisfying to play. Every other carry is all right click to win and boring in comparison.

Oh and his ultimate is the most fun ultimate in the game. Cross map snipes on an unlimited number of people.

The cast animation is probably my favourite thing about it. He raises his glove (which is also a bow) steadies it with his other hand, rises into the air, his bow becomes twice his size and fires a cone of yellow missles, accompanied by the manliest war cry ever heard.

Awesome. Even better? It's called Trueshot Barrage. Isn't that the most badass name ever?

Dec 14, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
So from your badass Swagneto combos to your loot whoring Zero in Borderlands 2 do you have any specific characters you love to play for whatever reason.

Ammy from Okami comes to mind personally. She's the Goddess of the Sun for god's sake! Awesome!

She runs like super fast and makes flowers grow behind her because she's the Goddess of the Sun and she gives no shits about any o' dem demons because she's the Goddess of the Sun
Yes.

This pleases me.

OT: I love using Vergil in Devil May Cry 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Unlike Dante, Vergil's combat style has a great feeling of power to it. He can do more, with less, and he just has a feeling of rhythm that's really satisfying.

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
I love using Vergil in Devil May Cry 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Unlike Dante, Vergil's combat style has a great feeling of power to it. He can do more, with less, and he just has a feeling of rhythm that's really satisfying.
Got it in one. I've clocked over 50 hours in Vergil's save file alone in DMC3 HD and used him over 500 times in UMVC3, though I don't play that that often.

Dec 14, 2009
AgentLampshade said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I love using Vergil in Devil May Cry 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Got it in one. I've clocked over 50 hours in Vergil's save file alone in DMC3 HD and used him over 500 times in UMVC3, though I don't play that that often.
I've used Ammy and Vergil more than 3000 times :D

Yes, I play a lot of UMvC3 :D

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Subject Delta in Bioshock 2. Dat drill charge.

Vanguard Shepard in Mass Effect 2&3. It's like playing a mildly overpowered biotic wrecking ball. Get Liara to drop a singularity (or stasis). Biotic charge in, detonating said singularity, drop a nova to send dudes flying in every direction, finish off any survivors with shotgun blasts and melee. Maybe knock the last guy off a ledge with a shockwave for extra style points. Then grin like the devil and look for your next target.

April Ryan in The Longest Journey. Something about the matter-of-fact way she approaches bizarre situations was extremely charming. Err... kinda have to have played the game to know what I mean.

The Kid in Bastion. He didn't get much characterization, but what little he did get painted him as a sort of ridiculously determined force of nature that would not be stopped by anything less than terminal dismemberment. Meshed well with the gameplay, especially that one part toward the end.

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
Lilith's Cake walk was fantastic,

Ike from Brawl deserves special mention here. Best character in everything ever. Easily.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Cole Macgrath: What's not to love about parkour and lightning? :D

Adam Jensen: Health is lost very fast in Deus Ex: HR, and ammo is scarce, so I like that I have to carefully time my shots and be precise. Any other marksmen type characters that aren't necessarily snipers are also good.

My character in Dragon's Dogma: Playing in a game world that not only gives me ample room to explore, but also PLENTY of room to fuck up, die, and run head-first into situations where I'm far outclassed really gives me a sense of adventure, even if it is kind of a generic fantasy world.

Captcha: "no spoon". Challenge accepted, Captcha. Prepare the soup!

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
Monkey from enslaved, he was a likable character and platforming and combat were fun, good animations also. I also like playing as the jedi exile from star wars knights of the old republic 2 the sith lords because i felt involved in the main plot and character reacted to you in the world such as noticing your light side and dark side and so on.

Shodan1980

Mar 29, 2010
Seconding Cole McGrath, but particularly in 2. Its just great fun to cruise round New Marais and beat the smeg out of folk with the amp and hurl some lightning around.

Ratchet and Clank (yes both of them). Big guns, fun homour, nifty gadgets and enjoyable platforming. The hookshot is one of my favourite gadgets in any game. ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I always loved playing as Zero in the Mega Man X series, so any of those games that include him as a fully playable character are great. Also he's one of my best fighters in MvC3, so there he is in two different games. :3

Other than that, I'll say The Predator. Be it in any of the AvP games or my personal favorite: Predator: Concrete Jungle, I just loving being one of those mutilating invisible alien bastards. >:D

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Time for a list!
Scorpion from Mortal Kombat
Lambda 11 from Blazblue
Logan from Dead Island
Lilith and Axton from Borderlands
Snake from Metal Gear Solid
Xiahou Dun from Dynasty Warriors
Captain Falcon, King Dedede, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus from Super Smash Bros Brawl.
Sam from Gears of War 3.
Vector and Beltway from Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City.
Amaterasu from Okami
Mario.
Frank West and Chuck Greene from Dead Rising.
Ezio from Assassin's Creed.
Masamune Date from Samurai Warriors.
Ellis and Francis from Left 4 Dead.
The Demoman from TF2

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I like the really quick anime-esque fighters. Ergo Dante from Dante's Inferno or Dante from DMC.. Huh.

I could also make an example of zero from borderlands 2 in the trailer. As a beast attacks him, he gets ready to push forward on his sword but *POOF!* he is gone and within a second he has headshot the poor animal.

As far as the character itself? Hmm, it is hard to say. I am quite fond of the noble knights, but on the other side I absolutely adore the colorful characters; The ditzy mage lopping fireballs about, the snarky rogue disappearing with a flash and eradicating entire parties of enemies with his daggers.

So yeah, basically I like anime characters..

Sigh..

My all time favourite character to play however must have been Crash Bandicoot. He has no care in the world, he simply goes along with the events the world throw at him. Is there ever a more noble hero? Accepting his fate in silence.

Commander CC

Apr 1, 2009
Garrett from Thief. It's fun to be snarky, arrogant and misanthropic all at once. Yeah, and sneaking about is good too, I guess.

I also like going as the small races in MMOs as the scaling makes their feats of bravery look even more amazing. Most recent example would be the Asura in GW2 doing a big triple back flip when the other races do a little roll to dodge.

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
The guy in Terraria. I like watching him go from an above average jumper to a golden god who dominates the world.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Strangely enough I actually enjoyed playing as the Alien (Xenomorph) aka "Six" in Alien vs Predator (2011) despite the fact that it was largely stealth focused and the controls were more than a bit buggy.

Also, the Mario Bros.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Asura in Asura's Wrath

Despite how cheesy that anime game was, whenever you gave someone some Dragon Ball Z-esque DynamicShoryukenPunch after a perfectly timed QTE while infinite amounts of rage was almost literally seeped out of your TV-screen, it did give a feeling of "I'm the Goddamn Deity of Wrath *****!"

[sub][sub]...they just wanted to make anime damnit...[/sub][/sub]

Oct 10, 2011
Most of my characters in Fallout New Vegas. Mostly because there is little to no backstory and I get to control everything I do, so I can make up my character as I go. Exept when I try to make an evil character, I cannot do anything evil in any videogame ever.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Vivi from Final Fantasy 9 and Ezio from Assassins Creed 2.
They are so easy to get immersed into!