Cheat codes you remember

ilikepie59

Dec 4, 2008
pepperonipizza - food in AOE
Because of such regular use, I learned to type it so fast that it was my password for a couple of years.

warprincenataku

Jan 28, 2010
Konami Code

APEETPEY is a Game Genie code for Bad Dudes that gives you invincibility. It's strange the things one can remember.

nick2150

Dec 17, 2008
descent 1: gabbagabbahey enable cheats
racerx god mode
porgus all wepons

sonic 2: 19 65 09 17 A start. level select

AOE: photon man laser trooper
e=mc2 trooper nuke trooper <<<amusing

ah, the days before the internet made cheating easy....

samuraiweasel

Mar 19, 2010
Age of Empires : Big Momma, etc
Starcraft : Black sheep wall, power overwhelming, etc

Damn i used to be able to remember more

N3mis

Apr 8, 2010
something that's engraved to my memory after reading it once is the warcraft 3 cheats:
iseedeadpeople - removes fog of war
whosyourdaddy - some kind of immortality
allyourbasesbelongtous - victory (think it's the right code)

Steampunk Viking

Jan 15, 2010
I remember one crystal clear and one vaguely. The one I remember vaguely is the old Capcom cheat code for Street Fighter II which went something like up, down, up, down, left, right, A, B, X, Y. Can't remember if that's exactly right though.

The one I remember perfectly was for Killer Instinct Gold on the N64. If you waited for a character bio to appear after watching the title screen for a bit and tap Z, A, R, Z, A, B, it gave the final boss as a playable character.

Reaver3

Jan 9, 2011
019949d3

It is a gameshark code for one of the original pokémon (red, blue or yellow) but I don't remember what it does or which one it was for

irishstormtrooper

Mar 19, 2009
thematulaaklives: God mode in Rebublic Commando
fierfek: Refill ammo (I think)
The only reason I know those is because I was spamming them in order to beat the game. Seriously, fuck Super Battle Droids.

Technocrat

Nov 19, 2008
DNSTUFF in Duke Nukem (gives you stuff), along with DNCASH (causes money to fly out of Duke whenever you press space) come to mind first, but Rockstar/DMA always had fun cheats.

Like in Body Harvest, the N64 controller was used to spell words (C-buttons were compass directions - NESW, and the arrows were UPLR, along with Z and Start), so you had cheats like DUNDEE (which made the character do a Scottish jig), or NEMESIS which made him look like the baddie.

I miss the days of funny cheats like that, or cheats with humorous passwords to access them. Now they're just bland console commands!

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Up, C, Down, C, Left, C, Right, C, A+Start on the start game screen. Sonic 1 cheat code for invulnerability, and allowed you to turn into every item in the level, and then duplicate them as much as desired. Also allowed you to move around regardless of gravity so you could jump over into areas you were never meant to get to. There was a similar code to sonic 2, but it involved playing around with the soundtrack in the options menu.

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
idkfa - Gave you god mode in DooM I think.

tgm - God Mode in Morrowind

Whosyourdaddy, iseedeadpeople, allyourbasearebelongtous, thereisnospoon ect... Warcraft 3 ftw.

sheogoraththemad

Feb 6, 2010
hesoyam = san andreas health cheat
tcl = toggle collision in oblivion
tg = toggle grass in oblivion
tgm = godmode in oblivion
and fw 38eee is nice weather in oblivion

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
Age of empires
aegis: instant buidling
rock on: 1000 rock
cheese steak jimmy's: 1000 food
lumberjack: 1000 wood
robin hood: 1000 gold
the smithereens: spawn petard
howdoyouturnthison: spawn cobra car
torpedo #(1-8): kill player 1-8
black death: kill everyone

wow... and i haven't even played it in like 5 years, it's too old for my videocard so it doesn't work anymore :(

then there was galactic battlegrounds, which was basically AoE where everyone was a sw cosplayer
forcebuild: instant build
forcenova: 1000 nova
forcecarbon: 1000 carbon
forceore: 1000 ore
forcefood: 1000 food
tantive iv: spawn the tantive IV
imperial entanglements: spawn star destroyer
thats no moon: spawn death star
simonsays: spawn simon the killer ewok. seriously.

Wraith_V

Nov 20, 2010
Star Wars shadows of the empire:
WAMPA STOMPA - allows you to control wampas and stormtroopers on the 'doom' levels

Star Wars Rogue Squadron:
Farmboy - unlocks Millenium Falcon
Tiedup - unlocks tie interceptor

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
FQUIGGLY ... I was always pissed off at this one not working. Was posted in a couple of magazines as being a level select code or somesuch for Lemmings. Don't know if it was a hoax, or just my version was different.

COMEFLYWITHME turned the old Days of Thunder NASCAR (3D-ish) game into a flight sim.

ODIE for level skip on Supercars; POOR to have loads of cash.

And "T" at the depack screen for extra lives, invulnerability, etc on all of the very many pirate compilation floppies that formed the bulk of my youthful gaming experience.

Plus various others that have sadly flown the mental coop since.
(ohyeah ... and if you left Gauntlet II paused for 10 minutes, all of the doors unlocked and the walls turned into Exit tiles. Very handy if you ran out of keys.)

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
oh and of course the good old "impulse 9", "sv_gravity" and "sv_friction" console commands in quake, along with the rather bleedin' obvious "god", "fly" and "noclip" ones...