Cheaters

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Last night playing on COD4, it felt like National 'Everyone Get An Aim-bot' day. Every second lobby we went into was full of aim-bots, rapid fire controllers, lag switchers... it was crazy.

So we went to MW2... more of the same. COD WAW... even worse.

In one case we even found an entire clan cheating... pretty annoying when you spray down two guys and they just spin around in Last Stand with an auto-aim rapid fire pistol and get you back.

What do these people get from playing this way? I don't get it. What possible sense of satisfaction can it bring?

Time for some honest confessions guys.

Have you ever cheated online, and if so, which game, in what way and why?

Jul 22, 2009
Yes if by cheating you mean abusing glitches.

I would do so in Gears of War 1.

But I would only glitch in a glitching lobby or if people on the other team were glitching, then I would kill them and stop so I could play fairly with the non glitchers.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
I played on a TF2 server 2 weeks ago, and 1 guy on the enemy team played sniper and had aimbot, obvious aimbot was obvious when he headshotted a disguised spy 3 times in a row and the third time he was even jumping and crouching, he even admitted he was using aimbot.

Another time with cheaters was at my school, it was "activity" day and some guys had brought a N64 and I had brought with me the Wii, we switched on playing N64 mario kart and Wii Mario Kart, they always nagged about playing N64 version, it was so much better then the Wii version...only reason they wanted to play the N64 version was so they could bug it, jump around or something and drive into goal and finish 1 lap in a matter of seconds -.-

I have never cheated, I can promise that, sure I have gate "glitched" a few times in TF2, lit a enemy on fire through the gate before round starts, but nothing else.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Yeah I never understood the cheaters.
It sucks the fun right out of it when you win all the time, especially by cheating.
You have to be a pretty insecure little prick to do stuff like that.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Online? No, only single player.

Never really encountered cheaters either, unless they were just good at disguising it.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
Only in single-player.

(As an aside, I shot an ascending cheater trying to float to the top side of the sky box, he than proceeded to rage quit. ^^)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
GamesB2 said:
Yes if by cheating you mean abusing glitches.

I would do so in Gears of War 1.

But I would only glitch in a glitching lobby or if people on the other team were glitching, then I would kill them and stop so I could play fairly with the non glitchers.
I glitched into a rock once but it was in a private lobby and just to wind up my buddies. Doing it online is kinda lame in my opinion.

7moreDead_v1legacy

Feb 17, 2009
Single player yeah after I completed it, so just for teh lolz - Multiplayer no...I abhore cheats, that's why when I get called hacker I fill with pride, 'S'alls skills!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Baby Tea said:
It sucks the fun right out of it when you win all the time, especially by cheating.
I know... I mean the whole thing about winning is that you feel good because you achieved something.

Winning by cheating = you've achieved nothing, you're just a douchebag.

TheDist

Mar 29, 2010
Has a lot to do with emotional maturity in some ways. Some people just cannot stand to lose, while some people enjoy the challange and take a loss as a way to learn.

The nature of competition though isn't it. Look at sport, it would be full of cheaters were it not so strongly regulated and even then some people are still cheating.

I look at the people who cheat with pity really, if thats what it takes for them to feel good about themself then really their life must suck. I play for challange/fun and thus regardless of the games outcome I always win. :)

As for cheating ive never really felt the need,even a singleplayer one I don't see the point. I think I might have cheated on a game like doom many years ago now, but in my recent memory I can't think of any games and never in an online game.

Ranma12569

May 5, 2010
I can honestly say that i've never cheated in an online game and that i never will as it's unfair on other players.

However i have used cheat codes in single-player offline games like Medievil and Doom but that's different.

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
I don't use that newfangled online stuff, but if I was to I would probably cheat a few times just to upset people, since they take it so seriously. Moreso if it was just my friends and people I knew though, I'm not a big fan of ruining strangers lives so much. One thing I would most certainly do is that teabag thing, it is so humorous! It is like the equivalent of trying to smash into your opponents car after they've crossed the finish line and are forced to stop in Need for Speed.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
hurfdurp said:
I don't use that newfangled online stuff, but if I was to I would probably cheat a few times just to upset people, since they take it so seriously. Moreso if it was just my friends and people I knew though, I'm not a big fan of ruining strangers lives so much. One thing I would most certainly do is that teabag thing, it is so humorous!
Yeah teabagging never bothers me.

I did it myself last night after finally killing one of the aim-bot guys.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
TheDist said:
Has a lot to do with emotional maturity in some ways. Some people just cannot stand to lose, while some people enjoy the challange and take a loss as a way to learn.

The nature of competition though isn't it. Look at sport, it would be full of cheaters were it not so strongly regulated and even then some people are still cheating.

I look at the people who cheat with pity really, if thats what it takes for them to feel good about themself then really their life must suck. I play for challange/fun and thus regardless of the games outcome I always win. :)

As for cheating ive never really felt the need,even a singleplayer one I don't see the point. I think I might have cheated on a game like doom many years ago now, but in my recent memory I can't think of any games and never in an online game.
My friends cheat, they do it for the trolololols, feel no pity for them.

SuperCombustion

Aug 10, 2010
Single player modding/hacking/cheating is fine and well, hell, damn fun! switching to god mode, flying through the air and exploding an army of enemies with the battleaxe of firey doom is enough to entertain anyone for hours on end.
Multiplayer cheating is unfair, wrong and weak. It only proves that you have skill only if you have the unfair advantage.

on topic... No, I have never cheated online. been accused of cheating, never have done.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
Cheating in online games is uncalled for. However, in single player games, anyone else admit to never using IDDQD IDKFA?

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Baby Tea said:
I know... I mean the whole thing about winning is that you feel good because you achieved something.

Winning by cheating = you've achieved nothing, you're just a douchebag.
It's just what lawyers do, they only take cases they know they can win so there conviction rate looks good, these guys use aim bots to make up for all the matches they never used them and got 1-30.

It also means they can get the fall camo quicker in MW2, rank up quicker, get time consuming titles and emblems etc

On topic. I never cheat, mainly 'cos I don't know how to online. Single player, only when I have completed the main story.